My Fall Baking To-Do List

A few days ago I shared with you all of my favorite recipes for the fall season that I have made and posted to date. There are quite a few of them (150!), but there is still so much more that I can’t wait to make. There are tons of different ways I find inspiration for what I make in the kitchen – cookbooks, magazines, other blogs, family requests, etc. – and for this fall my head is already brimming with ideas. I already have a list in my mind of the recipes I definitely want to tackle over the next few months, and thought it would be fun to share it with you. I’d love to know what your kitchen goals are for the upcoming fall season, as well as any recipes you’d like to request to see here on the site. Enjoy the list!

In no particular order…

Recipes to Make:

1. Maple-Walnut Fudge. I tried to make this over the weekend and failed miserably. I will conquer it.

2. Chicken Noodle Soup. Amazingly, I’ve never put together an awesome homemade recipe. This is near the top of my list.

3. Chicken Tortilla Soup. A regional restaurant, Max & Erma’s, serves an amazing version of this. I love how cheesy and spicy it is; need to make this at home!

4. Serious Chili. I usually make mine with ground beef, but there’s a version I’ve been dying to try with cubed steak meat, molasses and beer, chiles, and a ton of other great ingredients. Sounds divine.

5. Classic Apple Pie. I need to perfect this fall classic. Look for this soon!

6. Rye Bread. I’ve tried a few times without much success, but bought a Jewish cookbook a little while ago, which has an authentic recipe, and I can’t wait to try it.

7. Sourdough Bread. I must master it – it’s the perfect bread for warm and cheesy paninis during the cool months!

8. Tomato Soup. Nothing warms the soul like a bowl of hot tomato soup and a perfect grilled cheese sandwich.

9. Focaccia. Because it’s soooo good.

10. Pumpkin Roll. I’ve never made one. I need to remedy that.

11. Pasta. Homemade pastas like tortellini and ravioli, and to perfect dishes like lasagna.

12. Butternut Squash Risotto. I fell in love with butternut squash last year, and I can’t wait to try it in risotto.

13. Rice Pudding. I’ve never even eaten it, yet made it, but I’m intrigued by it and need to introduce it to my taste buds.

14. Meatloaf. I want to make an out-of-this-world, melt-in-your-mouth meatloaf. It’s so classic, I want an awesome recipe in my arsenal.

Stuff to Buy:

In addition to recipes to try, there are also a few new kitchen toys I plan on buying…

• Double Sided Pie Toppers from King Arthur Flour

Autumn and…

Lattice

Pie Crust Shield from King Arthur Flour - Because my pie crusts sometimes get a little too dark.

Panini Press. I haven’t decided which one I’m buying, but I’m eyeing up this Cuisinart Griddler.

Immersion Blender. If I’m going to be rocking soups like tomato and tortilla, I think one of these is in order!

So… that’s where I’m at in prepping my kitchen for fall. I have a list of recipes to conquer and some new toys to buy. I’m looking forward to enjoying batches of soups and stews while cool air pillows through the windows from outside.

How about you? What recipes are you hoping to tackle this season? Any new kitchen gadgets you’re planning to purchase?

110 Responses to “My Fall Baking To-Do List”

Comment Pages 1 2
  1. The Waspy Redhead on September 8, 2011 at 12:12 am

I love love love those pastry cutters. What a great idea. Also, you will love an emersion blender. I use mine at least 2-3 times per week.

2. Gloria on September 8, 2011 at 12:32 am

Nice list. When you say pumpkin roll I assume you mean one of those roulade cakes rolled up into a log? If so, Ina Garten’s Pumpkin Roulade with Ginger Buttercream recipe is fabulous!

Butternut squash risotto sounds pretty awesome too. Looking forward to it!

• Michelle on September 8th, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Hi Gloria, Yep, I meant the pumpkin log. Thanks for the suggestion for Ina’s recipe – I love her stuff and it sounds amazing, I will definitely try it!

• Susan on September 8th, 2011 at 9:54 pm

Yes, the pumpkin roulade from Ina is awesome! I make it twice every holiday season. It’s always perfect!

3. Phyllis on September 8, 2011 at 12:38 am

I have the Cuisinart Griddler. It does not disappoint. I purchased a pie crust shield before and it did not work but it was tin. Yours looks like it would be more pliable. or pieable. Thanks for all your fall recipes! I am so ready for fall!

4. Kristen on September 8, 2011 at 12:43 am

Love my immersion blender! They are great for milkshakes.

5. CouponClippingCook on September 8, 2011 at 12:51 am

I know what you mean….I have so many recipes I can’t wait to make too. Just need more time in the day! Your recipe wish-list sounds delish already. Looking forward to seeing these posts.

6. Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen on September 8, 2011 at 1:02 am

I am constantly singing the praises of my Cuisinart Griddler. I’ve never actually used it for a panini, but use it all the time for burgers, fish, pancakes, etc. I love it!

I can’t wait for the Rye bread recipe – it’s my favorite kind of bread, especially as part of a delicious Reuben!

7. Mari on September 8, 2011 at 3:21 am

I really need a pie crust shield, I run into the same problem you do. I really want to try and make a pumpkin roll this fall. Wish me luck!

8. MayDays on September 8, 2011 at 3:27 am

I got my mom a Cuisinart Griddler for Christmas 2 years ago and she still uses it almost constantly. LOVES the thing. The possibilities for amazing paninis are endless!

You’re killing me with your description of that chili – I have to know what this stuff tastes like! I’ve always had the classic stuff…beef, tomato sauce, a little sugar, TONS of chili powder. Once upon a time I threw in peanut butter and it was AWFUL…but those ingredients sound like the makings of some really unique and awesome chili!

I grew up on my mom’s version of meatloaf; the classic stuff made in a bread pan with the ketchup slathered on top. I hated it. I started making it the way my husband’s mom did and now I think it’s awesome. Crushed up saltine crackers, egg, meatloaf sauce in a can (I think it’s Hunts), ketchup, salt & pepper to taste. Just dump it all into a bowl, mash it all into the ground beef, and then mold into a loafish blob (lol) and bake on a broiler pan. SO good. I won’t eat it any other way now!

9. Kelly on September 8, 2011 at 3:27 am

Butternut squash risotto is amazing! I made mine with chorizo.

10. linda on September 8, 2011 at 4:53 am

i adore the photo of the dough…”dusted,” “fluffy” & ready for creativity!
    i so enjoy my immersion blender… (ina garten’s rosemary & white bean soup is perfect for the IB!)…
    btw: check out ina’s roasted tomato basil soup…very good.
    i purchased KAF doubled sided pie topper as well as crust shield & have yet to use them…hopefully you will be my inspiration!
    i want to make a great yeasted sweet bread (BEB’s chocolate babka is my goal!)

11. Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance on September 8, 2011 at 5:15 am

Oo! I am more than ready for that pumpkin roll

12. Notyet100 on September 8, 2011 at 5:25 am

Wow,…wht a list

13. Katrina on September 8, 2011 at 6:17 am

Everything sounds so yummy! Happy baking!

14. Lauren at Keep It Sweet on September 8, 2011 at 7:05 am

I’d like to come hang out in your kitchen this fall:-)

15. Jodi Pavlik on September 8, 2011 at 7:40 am

I look forward to the tortilla soup recipe because Max & Erma’s is soooo good, but I don’t get to have it as often as I would like!! You will conquer pumpkin roll easily…it’s easy :) Thanks for sharing your awesome recipes and cooking/baking adventures!

16. Nicole on September 8, 2011 at 7:42 am

LOVE my immersion blender. Make a great butternut squash soup with it. AND it came with attachments that are perfect for doing crumb toppings for dutch apple pie! It is KitchenAid.

17. Susan on September 8, 2011 at 7:50 am

Yum! Nice list, I have made a faccacia and a pumpkin roll with good results. I want to try a creme brulee and a sourdough bread. Otherwise just want to get started baking. I recently moved to a small ski town in the Rockies and it definately feels like fall which always brings out that domestic urge to bake.

18. Liz Brooks on September 8, 2011 at 8:07 am

I really need a pie crust shield too!!
    I love pumpkin roll-it’s not too hard and SO pretty at the end :) You’ll love it.

19. corinne on September 8, 2011 at 8:13 am

Both an immersion blender and the Griddler are good purchases – my roommates just moved away with their Griddler so I’m saving up to get my own! Must have more applesauce paninis!

20. amanda @ fake ginger on September 8, 2011 at 8:13 am

I don’t know if you shop at Costco but mine had that exact Griddler for $30 recently. I’m kicking myself for not buying it and I keep hoping I’ll see it there again.

21. The Doll Baker on September 8, 2011 at 8:14 am

Oh yeah! Soups, breads, pumpkin roll and rice pudding- sounds like it’s going to be delicious Fall season. Btw, thumbs up on the Cuisinart Griddler; I have had mine for a couple of years and love it!

22. Rodzilla on September 8, 2011 at 8:19 am

Looking forward to rice pudding and meatloaf the most.

speaking of meatloaf, I thought you might enjoy this. http://meatloafcreations.blogspot.com/

23. Lisa Williams on September 8, 2011 at 8:29 am

I am going to try my hardest to tackle a perfect pie crust so I can make an apple pie. I don’t know what it is about me and pie crusts but I always fail! I refuse to by store bought!

24. Benthe on September 8, 2011 at 8:31 am

I’m so excited for the pumpkin season. They ain’t so budget here in Holland but I want to try so many recipes with them!

25. Barbara on September 8, 2011 at 8:40 am

Great list. Maple-walnut fudge. Yum.

I have a tried and true recipe for Rye Bread. It took a while to find one I really liked. http://blessusolord.blogspot.com/2010/10/winning-rye-bread.html

26. Sarah on September 8, 2011 at 8:44 am

I absolutely LOVE my Cuisinart Griddler. We have used it for all 3 meals and snacks. It is perfect for pancakes or reubens or chicken. Everything! I am looking forward to everything on your list and to start tackling some on your favorites so far. Thank you!

27. Renee on September 8, 2011 at 9:00 am

Your to-do list looks fabulous.. can’t wait! Check out Ina Garten’s Saffron Butternut Squash Risotto… it is amazing.. and Paula Deen has killer bacon cheeseburger meatloaf if you’re looking for ideas :)

28. Kristin on September 8, 2011 at 9:00 am

I got the Cuisinart Griddler for my dad, he wanted it, I figured it would end up in the cabinet like all of the other unused appliances, I was wrong, he loves it and uses it several times a week.

29. sherri lynn @ life of a wife on September 8, 2011 at 9:07 am

I love your fall list! I want to make lots of different breads! And also pumpkin and apple recipes. Just the standard fall fare.

30. Bev Weidner on September 8, 2011 at 9:12 am

HECK. YES.

My fall to-do list is to make 3,693 soups, run 2,025 miles (not really) and snuggle under 146 blankets next to a fire.

31. Cassie @ Bake Your Day on September 8, 2011 at 9:15 am

I’d love to have an immersion blender too! And I love butternut squash risotto, I hope you like it! I’m looking forward to seeing that and all of these posts!

32. Kelly @ JAX does design on September 8, 2011 at 9:27 am

Mmmm, I love rice pudding! My grandma used to make a couple of different kinds that were both delicious. Now I make my own version using her vanilla custard recipe and adding rice to it (lately I’ve been using brown rice). And I have an awesome recipe for a really different meatloaf – it’s made with ham and has a sweet & sour sauce. SO good :-)

I have the Cusiniart Griddler – it works great.

33. Rebecca on September 8, 2011 at 9:36 am

Great list-I see quite a few I look forward to seeing from you!

34. Kathleen on September 8, 2011 at 9:48 am

I have the Cuisinart Griller/Griddler I love it …. So many ways to use this appliance.. buy it!

35. Robyn {Planet Byn} on September 8, 2011 at 9:50 am

my immersion blender changed my life – i use it everyday to make a smoothie for breakfast!

36. Kristin on September 8, 2011 at 9:57 am

I love my Griddler…it’s great for panini. I also love M&E’s chicken tortilla soup, so I hope you can re-create it!

37. Marilyn on September 8, 2011 at 10:11 am

Oh fun! I’ve been scheming too. :-) I’d also like to perfect an apple pie, and just yesterday I pulled out a stashed recipe for gingerbread whoopie pies with lemon icing for filling. Mmmm….

38. Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat on September 8, 2011 at 10:17 am

I can’t wait to see these recipes! I make a mean chicken matzah ball soup, that you could easily add noodles too. Which Jewish cookbook did you buy? I’d love to take a look!

39. Ally on September 8, 2011 at 10:19 am

I’m so excited to read about a butternut squash risotto!
    xo

40. NanaBread (Jeanne) on September 8, 2011 at 10:27 am

Here’s my tip for seriously delicious homemade chicken noodle soup – start with a rotisserie chicken. I buy the ‘plain’ flavored roasted chicken at my grocer’s deli counter, then put it in a big soup pot with 2 quarts of organic chicken broth, carrots, celery and onion. I let that simmer for 2-3 hours, then remove the chicken with a big slotted skimmer and let it cool before picking it apart. I then add the chopped chicken back to the pot with some salt & pepper and add my favorite brand of thin egg noodles. The roasted browned flavor of the rotisserie chicken will give your soup tremendous flavor, and the store has already done all the work for you. Love it! PS – the immersion blender is also handy for making milkshakes!

41. Karen Thompson on September 8, 2011 at 10:30 am

I have a couple “fall type” cakes (fresh apple and oatmeal spice – possibly even prune) that I’d like to convert to cupcakes. THey all have glaze type frostings – so I thought they would be easy for eating out-of-hand, just like a really good apple. I also want to tackle the world of “sourdough” – I’m thinking I will start with a King Arthur crock and starter. KAF is my go to flour and special items. My biggest issue is finding taste testers – because my husband and I sure don’t need to eat all these goodies!

42. Diana on September 8, 2011 at 10:38 am

Can’t wait to get back to all the winter soups! We practically eat a liquid/stew diet all winter.
    I love my immersion blender, but wish I had spent the extra for the battery powered one-the cord just gets in the way. Great for making jams too!

43. brooklynsoul on September 8, 2011 at 10:56 am

I can’t wait for the tortilla soup! I love Max & Erma’.

44. Melissa on September 8, 2011 at 11:06 am

The Griddler is amazing. I have mine in storage right now because I’m moving and I’m having separation anxiety. It’s awful. But you need one. :)

45. Bridget on September 8, 2011 at 11:13 am

I like the fall preview. I can also say that Paula Deens Bacon cheese Burger meatloaf is a good choice. (taste wise! totally not healthy) I am also trying to perfect my sour dough bread making skills. I’m getting closer. I have been working with the King Arthur Sour Dough Bread starter and it has been fun to give some to friends as well.

• Karen Thompson on September 8th, 2011 at 11:59 am

Bridget — did you start with the crock and their starter?

46. Jen of My Tiny Oven on September 8, 2011 at 11:16 am

What a great list!! I can’t wait to read and drool as you work your way through!
    yum!

47. Martha in KS on September 8, 2011 at 11:29 am

Our heatwave has finally dispersed so I’m going to do some canning (or jarring). I’ve got a watermelon ready for watermelon pickles, and I’m going to try making peach butter. Thanks, Mother Nature, for the cool weather!

48. Brenda on September 8, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Risotto in any form is fabulous! I tried Ina Garten’s Butternut Squash Risotto last year and loved it. I’m tempted to share my chili recipe with you. My husband and I entered it into a chili cook-off at his work and won first prize. It’s made with brisket and it’s YUM!! :-) I also make a Pumpkin Bread and Molasses Cookies in the fall. They’re both pretty good, but I get requests for the Pumpkin Bread. It’s amazing! Have fun! :-)

49. Miriam @ Overtime Cook on September 8, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Love this to-do list. I wish I was organized enough to get mine in writing like this.

You should definitely get a panini press- I absolutely love mine. I grill vegetables directly on it, then take them off, put them between two slices of bread with some cheese, and have the most amazing grilled vegetable panini with so little effort and so little mess!

50. Genny on September 8, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Your list has many of the same recipes that I’d like to try, too! I have a feeling that yours will be better, so I’ll just wait for your recipes! I could use one of those pie crust shields too, as I have the same problems with my pies and I love to bake pies! Just like the others, I love Fall too! Can’t wait for your recipes!

51. Penny Wolf on September 8, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I know what you mean about the rice pudding. I have never eaten it or made it but somehow am drawn to it. It is on my list as well. Also on my list to research an Irish Shandy and make it. Is it lemon and beer, or apple cidar and beer, what is a measurement,etc.
    Do you add an extra mile to your walk with this kind of fall line up? :)

52. Amy on September 8, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Love your list we think a lot alike. I plan on making a Chicken Tortilla Soup and Taco Salad for a mom’s lunch/play date at my house tomorrow. I have a great Tomato Basil soup recipe. My to do list this fall consists of: Cincinnati Chili, Apple Crisp, Pumpkin Creme Brulee, Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes…ummm I love fall can’t wait to see your posts. I plan on making your S’more Brownies tonight.

53. Melanie Hughes on September 8, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Butternut squash risotto is lovely, I’ve been making it for years, my fav is one that includes ground beef! As for appliances, I’m moving from the UK to the US so I have to replace ALL my kitchen appliances due to voltage difference, and immersion blender or stick blender is a godsend in my kitchen. We love soup. Love the griddle pan, I’m looking for something like that. Happy baking and shopping!

54. Debbie on September 8, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Your list got me to thinking of my own list and two things I am going to finally make again this fall is my moms pear pie and her apple dumplings, nothing says fall like apples and pears!

55. hobby baker on September 8, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Oh, you had me at maple fudge. I made Giovanna’s maple creams last year, I think it’s posted on David Lebovitz’s site, and they were absolutely transcendent! I can’t have that stuff in my house, I will eat the whole pan.

56. Lindsay @Eat, Knit, Grow on September 8, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Yum! Love the list!

57. Cathy O on September 8, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Love your list and all your recipes. I make pumpkin roll from the Devon (PA) Horse show cook book. I usually make about 15 of them the day before Thanksgiving, and give them as gifts during the holidays. If you want the easy recipe, let me know. Immersion blender, fun toy. I use it to make my super easy crock pot butternut squash soup recipe, among other things. I have the cuisinart griddle and love it. And with your Rye bread, you can make Reuben Panini’s on it! and the most decadent rice pudding is from Gourmet – “Gonzo” rice pudding. Fitting recipe too, given the date, as it from FDNY Company 18, who suffered terrible loss during 9/11.

58. Rachel @ The Avid Appetite on September 8, 2011 at 2:37 pm

The immersion blender is seriously one of the best tools in the kitchen. I don’t even use a ‘regular’ blender anymore. I just go between my food processor and immersion blender now!

59. Natalie Merkel on September 8, 2011 at 2:41 pm

My hubby LOVES Butternut squash! And his grandma’s Meatloaf (It is the BEST I have ever had!!) Big Red Meatloaf 2#ground beef , 1/2 cup oatmeal , 1/2 cup chopped onion , 1/2 cup green pepper , 2 tbsp mustard , 2 teasp salt ,1/4 teasp pepper ,2 eggs and a 1/2 cup of milk (i use butter milk) put the beef and oatmeal in a big bowl, and all the rest i food proses. then mix it all in the bowl. Bake it in a 9x5x3 pan at 350 for about 1 1/2 hrs. also before you put it in to bake mix up 1/4 cup ketchup , 3 tabe sp. brown sugar , 1 taesp. mustard , 1/4 teasp. nutmeg or cinn. put this on top and bake.

60. Amber Honey on September 8, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Libby’s has a recipe for a pumpkin roll with cream cheese frosting that’s pretty yummy! I’ve made it a few times, I just adjust the amount of cloves slightly because they are so pungent.

61. Erin on September 8, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I have been meaning to make chicken tortilla soup for awhile now. I need to get on that once it cools down! As for apple pie, my dad is the master. He has perfected his apple and pumpkin pies over many years and I never tamper with them or try anything else. And he and I definitely use the pie crust shields. They are much easier to use than a thin wrap of foil, or constantly brushing the crust with milk while it bakes. And the immersion blender? I no longer have any need to own a real blender. I love it for soups.

62. Paula on September 8, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Oh My! The Fall Edition of your blog is going to be nothing short of amazing!

P.S. I have that lattice pie topper and love it.

63. natalie (the sweets life) on September 8, 2011 at 3:39 pm

A pumpkin roll is definitely on my list this year as well–I’m nervous but can’t wait to give it a go!

By the way, you will LOVE your immersion blender!

64. NerdyBaker on September 8, 2011 at 4:02 pm

O sourdough, how I miss it! I killed my starter at the end of spring :( I need to start a new one. Hope you have success! I miss my daily sandwiches. My husband loved just melting cheese on top. Once things get settled in our new schedule (school, soccer, dance, husband’s new work schedule) I will start. Can’t wait to see how you do!

65. thelittleloaf on September 8, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I can’t believe you’ve never made focaccia or sourdough…two incredible breads and definitely ones to try! I love the idea of making a wish list…I always start writing mine then it gets far too long :-)

66. Christine on September 8, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Great recipe roundup. Can’t wait to see what you will make next.

67. jeannette on September 8, 2011 at 5:04 pm

your list mimics my list… i am hoping to get to all these things either during the fall or at LEAST before the end of the year. i’ll be here cheering you on!!

68. Fran {The Flavorful Fork} on September 8, 2011 at 5:13 pm

What a great list! I would love to master a pumpkin roll, gnocchi, and bread. If you are looking for a good butternut squash risotto recipe, you might want to try this one: http://www.flavorfulfork.com/2011/02/valentines-day-roasted-butternut-squash-risotto/. It was sooo delicious! Perfect for the fall.

69. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. on September 8, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Can’t wait to see all these recipes!!

70. Amberly on September 8, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I’m excited to try your tomato soup recipe. That is one kind of soup that I will eat! And focaccia bread would go perfectly with it! Yum!!! Fall needs to hurry!!!

71. Tracy on September 8, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Fudge is on my list this year, too! I tried to make it last year but it came out way too hard. I’m looking forward to experimenting though. ;-)

72. Michelle on September 8, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Thank you to those who shared some recipes, I am definitely saving them!

73. Ellen on September 8, 2011 at 7:02 pm

My immersion blender is my favorite and most-used kitchen gadget! I make a lot of shakes. That being said, I need a real blender(immersionones cannot handle ice) and I am shopping for a food processor too. If anyone wants to recommend a good, not too pricy one I’m all ears…

74. Ivy on September 8, 2011 at 7:37 pm

You have inspired me to get my list in order! I have recipes everywhere. Time to get organized! Thanks for posting!

75. Leah @ LoftyBites on September 8, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Love your fall list… definitely a few on there I need to try myself and many more recipes with pumpkin! I fully endorse the Cuisinart Griddler. I got it as a wedding gift and use it at least 1-2 times a week. There are so many different ways to use it and super convenient as we don’t have a grill. A great value too… a definite buy!

76. Erica on September 8, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I have that Cuisinart Griddler and I LOVE it. It’s definitely a must have.

77. Jchokie on September 8, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Love M &E’s chicken tortilla soup! Please share the recipe!

78. Lynn @ I'll Have What She's Having on September 8, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Great list! This is year I must make something with pumpkin, I completely missed the whole season last year.
    I LOVE my immersion blender, they’re so convenient. You’ll love it!

79. christyd on September 8, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I have a fabulous pumpkin log recipe if you need one (it makes 5 large logs-I give them away to friends around Thanksgiving). Also, you should try Italian Wedding Soup…it’s delicious!! Love your blog…it’s amazeballs!!!

80. Marty on September 8, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Great list! I would love to conquer homemade pasta. My brother makes a killer pumpkin stuffed ravioli. By the way, purchased the Cuisinart Griddler not too long ago and absolutely LOVE it! I even bought the waffle plates. So really does it all.

81. egb on September 8, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Yum! Can’t wait to read all about them.

82. Alyce on September 8, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I have the pie crust shield and love it. I also purchased the double sided pie crust toppers. They have given me problems, but I am new to pies. I found getting all the little cut outs out then trying to get the pie crust on top of the pie a problem. Now I take and put the pie crust on the pie and press the topper on, and remove the cut outs. Good luck with it, I would love to know how it works for you. KA has some fun stuff.

83. Tanya M. on September 8, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Ina Garten’s Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is the only recipe I use…simple, delicious. The parsley is critical!

84. Stephanie on September 8, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Please, please, please make the Max N Erma’s Tortilla soup and share the recipe. I would love to make this at home. I just can’t put my finger on all that’s in there!

85. Lisa Frank on September 8, 2011 at 11:29 pm

As a meatloaf suggestion, I love Barefoot Contessa’s recipe for individual meatloaves. The flavor is perfect every time! They also freeze very well unbaked, which makes for a quick weeknight meal. I’ve also made them in muffin tins and shortened the cooking time and it makes a great one-serving portion!

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and even though it was 98 degrees here today in Portland, OR, I simply can’t wait for all my favorite foods…bring on the pumpkin, apples, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, roasted veggies and caramel/cinnamon baked goods! Looking forward to seeing what you’ll share with all of us for our must-make lists. :)

86. Colleen on September 9, 2011 at 8:50 am

Please start with the pumpkin roll and the chicken tortilla soup! Those are two things I’ve been dying to learn to make!

87. Debbi on September 9, 2011 at 11:31 am

Rice Pudding is a favourite dish during the chilly weather. We in UK can get it tinned which my husband eats cold with sultanas and nutmeg. I prefer to make my own with a layer of nutmeg on top so it forms a skin nothing nicer to smell when you open the oven.

88. Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family on September 9, 2011 at 11:48 am

Ok I think I just want to come live at your house this fall, and sample all of your eats. That is a fantastic list and I like that the maple fudge is at the top…gotta start with sweets :)

89. pam on September 9, 2011 at 2:31 pm

oooh, i love my griddler! i use it all the time. granted, mostly on pancakes for my kids, but i’ve made other stuff with it too. :) love your blog, btw.

90. Lilly on September 9, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I love your to do list! I am sure you manage to conquer them all. Have a great weekend!

91. Tara on September 9, 2011 at 4:37 pm

An immersion blender was one of the best kitchen purchases I ever made – and definitely the best value per dollar! It is life-changing for big-time soup-makers like myself. Hope you love it. (PS Get it before making your bisques, natch!)

92. natalie on September 9, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I actually found a max & erma’s copycat recipe about 8 years ago and have tweeked it over time and it’s AMAZING now. I get requests for it constantly. Some even say it’s better than Max & Erma’s. It’s really easy too…mine uses mostly canned soups mixed together with some onions, green chilies, salsa and spices.

93. Lisa on September 9, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Oh, my…I order the tortilla soup EVERY TIME I go to M & E. I have looked for a recipe for something comparable–I hope to see it on your site soon!

Macy’s and Sur la Table have Cuisinart immersion blenders on sale!!! The prices are not bad at all.

94. Kooky Girl on September 12, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Ah, rice pudding. Tell me is it going to be one that you can pour which is in a creamy, milk-based sauce. Or, one that you can slice with a big thick skin on top ?? My mother used to make one you could slice, overcooked I guess you would call it, but it was still lovely with a splodge of warm jam on a wintery day.

Have fun, and all the best. Kg.

95. Debbi on September 13, 2011 at 4:05 am

For rice pudding you can use most rice in England we have a Pudding Rice which is round and flat and for years has been the tradtional thing to use.However you can use most Rices these days Italian Aborio (Risotto) rice is good

96. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on September 13, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Love this list! I have a few of the same items on mine. And, I just had to say… You *must* get an immersion blender. I highly recommend the DeLonghi hand blender. It comes with some other handy attachments. I didn’t think I’d use them all, but now I can’t live without it.

97. Aku on September 15, 2011 at 11:29 am

Can the maple walnut fudge be your top priority please? Anything maple gets me big time. Also, I can’t believe you don’t have an immersion blender! You definitely need to get yourself that. Soup is so much easier with one.

98. Jennifer on September 16, 2011 at 7:37 am

I own the Cuisinart Griddler and I love. It was agreat addition to my kitchen. I like being able to grill indoors. It is definitely a multitasker.

99. MrsProck on September 16, 2011 at 9:34 am

There is an awesome meatloaf recipe in the BH&G cookbook. I love reading your lists, always inspiring and they put me in a baking mood =)

100. Amber on September 16, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I recently made rice pudding risotto style. Took a little bit longer, but so worth it!!!

Comment Pages 1 2