Friday Things

Einstein!

1. Einstein says, “What’s up, ladies?!”

2. I want to face plant into this cheesy bread.

3. This week I saw peanut butter cup Oreos at my grocery store. What the what?! This sounds like it was made for me! Have you tried them?

4. These 8 Rules for Altering Baking Recipes by Alice Medrich (via Food52) should be printed out and hung up in every kitchen! Such good advice, especially if you often find yourself trying to cut down on sugar, sub whole wheat flour, or are looking for ways to substitute fats or dairy.

5. My husband saw this gif of a dog getting freaked out by a fish on Flipboard the other night, and I could not stop laughing! Duke would totally have this reaction; he’s absolutely our dominant alpha dog, but is also ridiculously afraid of a lot of things. All bark, no bite ;-)

6. My mom brought us some of her homemade wedding soup earlier this week, and I was immediately craving oyster crackers. I hadn’t eaten them in years, and I think I’ve gone through half a bag in like two days. I can’t stop eating them!

7. These 36 of the Best Kitchen Tips That Nobody Told You About (via Listotic) are awesome! Some I knew, some I didn’t… definitely a page to bookmark!

8. So, I stuck with Scandal and am now halfway through season two and totally hooked. You guys were right, it’s gooooood!

9. Are you watching any sports right now? I’m currently rooting for: USA (World Cup, although I’m not a good soccer-watcher), San Antonio Spurs, and L.A. Kings, as well as the Pittsburgh Pirates, of course. I watched some French Open last weekend, and will likely catch a good bit of the U.S. Open this weekend. Already craving next football and hockey season!

10. TGIF! Have a sunny and fabulous weekend! Duke plans to just lounge…

Duke!

24 Responses to “Friday Things”

1. Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona on June 13, 2014 at 12:52 am

Did you watch the Brazil v Croatia soccer game? It was pretty exciting. Maybe if you watch a game like that you’d be more of a soccer fan.

LA could finish it in the next game. NY hasn’t been playing all that great in this series.

2. Mercedes on June 13, 2014 at 1:24 am

Boooooo!!! Let’s GO RANGERS :) (I realize that all of my comments have been in regards to my team lol! Friday the 13th will be lucky for the the Blueshirts.

3. Moss on June 13, 2014 at 3:27 am

Oh my goodness. I pinned that kitchen hacks page awhile back on Pinterest and have used quite a few of them. My favorite is shredding meat in the mixer. Takes exactly five seconds and perfect every time. Game changer. And I agree, bring on football!

4. Laura @ Raise Your Garden on June 13, 2014 at 7:30 am

Just when I thought Oreos couldn’t get any better, they had to go and add peanut butter to them. I’m toast! I mean, imagine these in a peanut butter pie?

5. Meghan on June 13, 2014 at 8:42 am

Not only have I seen peanut butter oreos, but I’ve used them in your brownie mosaic cheesecake recipe and it was a HUGE hit!

6. Kathy Rupff on June 13, 2014 at 9:36 am

Hi Michelle, Great photos of Einstein!!! What a cutie! Thanks for your wonderful blog. Have a great weekend!

7. Maria D. on June 13, 2014 at 10:09 am

That cheesy bread looks freaking amazing…i could totally face plant into it.
    Love Einstein…..lol…cracks me up…..
    Thanks for all of the alternate/cooking tips….I am determined to make cooking more fun and less of a chore.

Have a great weekend

8. Lynne on June 13, 2014 at 10:11 am

I’ve seen the ads for the peanut butter Oreos, but I couldn’t find them in my local supermarket or Target, which may have been a good thing :-)

9. Charity on June 13, 2014 at 10:13 am

Speaking of those 36 Kitchen Tips, I absolutely LOVE the shredding chicken in a KitchenAid. Makes my life so much easier! Might try those frozen grapes in wine.

Is it hockey season yet? I am going through withdrawal! But I just cannot bring myself to watch the Kings v. Rangers battles. Though I wish the Rangers win because I like rooting for underdogs.

10. char on June 13, 2014 at 11:21 am

That dog video is so funny! (I can see Dolly..my Yorkie..reacting the same!) I look forward to your Friday posts with your beautiful dogs!
    Pulling for Spurs! Since the Kings knocked my Black hawks out, I haven’t followed the Finals much.
    (but pulling for Rangers!) Despite our record, I’m
    a die-hard Cub fan!
    Have a fabulous weekend!

11. Robin Christensen on June 13, 2014 at 11:52 am

How are Einstein’s ears?

• Michelle on June 13th, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Hi Robin, Only one has a hematoma and it’s significantly improved, almost gone! Thanks so much for asking :)

12. Michael R. on June 13, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Thank you SO MUCH for the 36 kitchen tips link!
    Happy weekend to you all :D

13. carmen ☮ on June 13, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I love Scandal too. Still on season one, but I also coaxed the boyfriend into watching it with me. He likes it too. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

14. Anna on June 13, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Just wanted to say that I look forward to your posts every single Friday specifically because of the Duke & Einstein photos you post up. Love their sweet faces! :) I used to have a golden, they’re really great dogs. I can’t own one now for several reasons, but when I’m having a bad day, yours are able to put a smile on my face. Please give them a big hug for me.

15. Amy D on June 13, 2014 at 5:49 pm

As a native San Antonian, it makes me happy you are rooting for the Spurs! :) Your pups are adorable by the way. Love the pics you post of them every week!

16. Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} on June 13, 2014 at 6:18 pm

That gif has me in tears! Seriously, this is my dog too.

Speaking of my dog, he thinks he’s the manliest, biggest, most macho and terryfying dog known to man. Yet he’s an Italian Greyhound and quite a bit smaller than a teeny whippet.

17. Kim on June 13, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Einstein and Duke warm my heart!!! And l need to find those Oreos STAT, lol. Have a great weekend :)

18. Linda on June 14, 2014 at 1:16 am

I will watch most any sport but hockey. Have been a Spurs fan for many years and would love for the older three win one more ring.

19. Michael R. on June 14, 2014 at 3:50 am

Dear Michelle –
    With sorrow and respect, I’m very sad to hear about the passing of Chuck Noll. Although being a lifelong Packers follower, it’s impossible to not respect the man behind the dynasty.
    May he rest in peace.

• Michelle on June 14th, 2014 at 10:03 am

Hi Michael, So nice of you!! Have a great weekend :)

20. Ashley Bolstad on June 18, 2014 at 2:24 pm

I loved looking at all of the kitchen facts. The whole ripening a banana by putting it in the oven blew my mind! Thanks for sharing!

21. Laura Dembowski on June 22, 2014 at 8:12 am

That dog video is hilarious! Loving the kitchen tips too.