An easy recipe for a weeknight meal
- 4 to 6boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1cupall-purpose flour
- 1teaspoonkosher salt
- 1/2teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
- 2extra-large eggs
- 1 1/4cupsseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2cupfreshly grated Parmesan(plus extra for serving)
- Unsalted butter
- Good olive oil
- Salad greens for 6(washed and spun dry)
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4cupfreshly squeezed lemon juice(2 lemons)
- 1/2cupgood olive oil
- 1/2teaspoonkosher salt
- 1/4teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
- 1. Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4-inch thick. You can use either a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- 2. Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts. Toss the salad greens with lemon vinaigrette. Place a mound of salad on each hot chicken breast. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
- 4. To make the Lemon Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.