1. Thank you to everyone for the outpouring of kind words and congratulations on the birth of our baby boy. We are head over heels in love and are soaking in every minute that we get to snuggle him.
2. Many of you asked how Einstein and Duke have been doing with Joseph… I’m happy to report that they’ve been great. Einstein shows periodic interest, but mostly just does his own thing, except when Joseph is crying. Einstein gets super upset and barks at us. Duke has really taken on the role of big brother. If he hears the baby stir or fuss, he rushes right over. He follows us into the nursery at night and lays next to the glider until Joseph is back to sleep. I think those two are going to be the best of friends for years to come!
3. Needless to say, I haven’t done much for the last few weeks other than take care of Joseph, recuperate, nap when I can, and be eternally grateful for my mom and my in-laws for keeping us well-fed with a fridge full of fresh meals so we haven’t had to do any cooking or grocery shopping; we haven’t even had to break into our stash of freezer meals yet!
4. My husband introduced me to Jamie Cullum’s music quite a number of years ago, and I love the covers he does of popular hit music. He does a great cover of Rihanna’s “Don’t Stop the Music”, but my new favorite is his cover of Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off”.
We watched this multiple times one morning last week after failing to fall back to sleep after one of Joseph’s feedings, and it’s been in my head ever since… love it.
5. I love that we’re finally getting some snow this winter, but I’m still waiting for a huge storm to hit. There’s nothing better than being snowed in with cozy blankets, a fireplace roaring and some comfort food :)
6. I ate the last chocolate chip cookie in my freezer two nights ago and I am beyond sad. Time to whip up a new batch!
7. Did you watch the Super Bowl? What was your favorite commercial? Not at all surprising, my favorite was the Budweiser commercial with the Clydesdales and the yellow lab puppy. That series of commercials makes me teary-eyed every single time without fail.
8. If you’re also a fan of the Budweiser Clydesdale commercials, my father-in-law sent me this link yesterday: A Look Back: Budweiser Clydesdales in Super Bowl Commercials. It’s a recap of every single Clydesdale commercial dating back to 1996.
9. I’m loving that both Scandal and The Americans came back last week; finally some new shows to watch! We also started the second season of Black Sails on Starz… yet another show that I didn’t really think I’d like at first, but then surprised myself and got into after a few episodes.
10. TGIF! These snow dogs wish you a great weekend :)