10 Best Soup, Stew & Chili Recipes
Another updated installment of a BEB Top 10 list!
You’d be hard-pressed to find something more comforting and soul-soothing on a cold fall or winter day than a bowl of warm soup, stew or chili. I love to smell a big pot simmering away on the stove for hours, and then to dig in with a piece of crusty bread, ideally curled up under a big fleece blanket. I’ve updated my list of favorites when it comes to soups, stews and chili, as they are one of my favorite types of food once the chilly weather hits in the fall. A few are newer recipes and some are from deep in the archives; you might find a new-to-you recipe or one you’ve forgotten about!
Without further ado (and in alphabetical order)…
Top 10 Best Soup, Stew & Chili Recipes on BEB
1. All-American Beef Chili – This is my ultimate go-to chili recipe, no exceptions.
2. Broccoli Cheese Soup – If you’re looking for a copycat recipe for Panera’s famous soup, I’ve got you covered!
3. Chipotle Chicken & Corn Chowder – I recreated this after my husband was going through tons of cans of the store-bought version; this is one of our all-time favorite soups.
4. French Onion Soup – This is one of my guilty pleasures when I go out to a nice restaurant; it was so rewarding to make a phenomenal batch at home.
5. Frito Pie – Since making this, I’ve found it near impossible to eat chili without Fritos! It’s a must for me now!
6. Guinness Beef Stew – This is one of my two favorite stews and while it’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, you definitely don’t need an excuse to make it year-round.
7. Hearty Beef Stew – My other favorite stew; it tastes just like the classic version that my grandma used to make. A side of crusty bread or a roll is a must!
8. Hardcore Chili – This chili is an awesome change of pace from the ground beef version. It’s a little time-consuming, but absolutely worth it – the flavor can’t be beat!
9. Italian Wedding Soup – One of my mom’s specialties, this is comfort food at its finest for me.
10. Pasta Fagioli – This recipes yields a TON of soup, which makes it ideal for freezing in batches.
What are some of your favorite soups, stews or chili recipes? Any requests?