1. This smile melts my heart into a big ol’ puddle.
2. When we first brought Joseph home from the hospital, both Duke and Einstein were curious, but after the initial novelty wore off, Duke by far showed the most interest anytime Joseph was around. Einstein just sort of ignored him… up until he started crawling about two weeks ago. Since then, Einstein has never been more than a couple of feet away… he follows Joseph when he crawls, and then lays down right near him. It’s like he knows that Joseph is a little unsteady on his feet and he’s keeping an eye on him. Such a good buddy :)
3. So, is the new big social media thing Periscope? I just heard of it within the last week and, oh my gosh, do we really need something else?!
4. There is only one living search and rescue dog from 9/11 remaining – a Golden Retriever named Bretagne. She just celebrated her 16th(!!!) birthday and was thrown quite the celebration in NYC. She looks just like Einstein, and there is a video, and… be forewarned, you might need Kleenex.
5. Another fantastic installment of the History of Rap by Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake. I really wasn’t a huge fan of Jimmy Fallon on SNL, but I think he’s awesome on The Tonight Show.
6. If making bread from scratch intimidates you, this video from King Arthur Flour on how to knead bread dough is an awesome first step!
7. Golden Girls was one of my all-time favorite shows, so I loved this recent article: 30 Years Later, ‘The Golden Girls’ is Still the Most Progressive Show on Television. I remember all of the episodes they talk about in that article!
8. Speaking of shows, last Saturday morning, my husband found reruns of Family Ties on TV. It was a torrential downpour and crazy dark out, Joseph was crawling around, and it just felt so cozy. I loved that show, although seeing it again made me feel incredibly old! After it was over, there were reruns of Growing Pains, which I also adored. Television just isn’t what it used to be!
9. Do you love muddy buddies? I am so infatuated with them that I honestly can’t make them and keep them in the house because I will consume the entire batch within an embarrassingly short amount of time. I came across this roundup of 24 Puppy Chow Recipes and I can’t wait for the holidays so I can whip up a bunch of different varieties and share.
10. TGIF! Fluffy and freshly groomed!
Your little boy is adorable, but Duke and Einstein melt my heart. :-)
Every time I see them it makes me both cry and go out and adopt a senior Golden! I lost both my Golden’s in the past five years. One from pancreatic cancer at age 12 and Tucker my sweet boy, from brain cancer at age 14. They both lived amazing lives and were well loved and my four children grew with them. Keep those pictures coming! Of the baby, and the “boys”.
Oh Elaine, I am so sorry for your losses, makes me so sad :(
Don’t you just love laughing babies! Nothing better in the world! What a sweet picture of Joseph! And of Duke! You just want to put your face in that soft fur!
Thanks for the People Puppy Chow recipes link – I’m with you! Can’t wait to really check them out.
Have a great weekend!
What a great picture of Joseph! and Einstein looks great after his visit to the groomers. i’m going to have to try the “puppy chow” recipes myself. I need to find things we can stash to have when peeps come over. I loved Family Ties – remember watching it and The Cosby Show every Thursday night – you are right – tv is not the same anymore
You were so right on about the video! They are the best healers!
I loved that article on the The Golden Girls! I love The Golden Girls! I have watched it since I was a little girl and own all of them on DVD. I remember watching it with my mom and my grandma. I remember my mom telling me it was such a bold show for the times when it first came out and after reading that article l I realized she was right.
I have loved every single thing I have ever made off of your website. You are my go-to!
I grew up watching The Golden Girls on Saturday nights sleeping over at my grandma’s with my sister and cousins… such great memories :) She would always make us Boboli pizzas and let us stay up to watch Star Search :)
Oh there is something wonderful about sleepovers at Grandma’s! I can not tell you how much I LOVED those times. I would spend a week at a time during summer vacations staying with my grandparents. It was the highlight of my summers and true joy. My grandma died a year ago she was 92. Instead of Boboli pizzas, it was No Bake Cookies that I lived for at their house. And hot & iced tea – I think that was because I wasn’t permitted hot tea at home as a kid. And getting to stay up way past bedtime. Precious memories for sure!
hi there would like no bake recipe please
I have never posted here, but enjoy your recipes. I am going to make your chili this weekend. We have had it before and it is wonderful. I always look forward to Friday’s to see your beautiful son and your dogs. I have to admit that I also love to see those old sitcoms!
Well you were right about needing the Kleenex while watching the Bretagne video. Cried my eyes out but I smiled too. Thanks for sharing.
Whoa- that rescue dog video *sniffle sniffle . Bretagne is an amazing dog and deserved that day in NYC. I’ve never had ‘puppy chow’ before, but that bundle of recipes has definitely inspired me to try some!
Have a great weekend and thank you for all you do on this blog, Lesley
Duke looks fantastic all groomed up. Grooming the dogs isn’t my fav, my wife usually does it. She always steals my beard trimmer and then tries to pretend she’s all confused when I go to use it and it is covered in dog hair!
Golden Girls, um no. Mork and Mindy! Put me in coach, I’m ready to play.
Haha, we don’t do the dogs ourselves, we send them off to the groomer’s for the day :) Your wife is brave! Oh, and that’s Einstein :)
Was searching for chocolate cake and I’m soooo happy to have found you. I’m going to try the chocolate-chocolate recipe, can’t wait.
I simply love your blog and will definitely check in from time to time..
Joseph is adorable..Your life seems all cozy and wonderful. I wish I get there soon