1. Joseph is chugging along with his sweet little self. He has been picking up on lot of things lately, which is so much fun to see. Last night, when we were done with his bath, he stood up and picked up all of his toys one by one, took them out and placed them on the side of the tub. I just want to hug and smooch him all day long.
2. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I shattered my phone (boo hiss), but much to my delight I found out that I actually purchased Apple Care when I got my phone (I’m not sure why because I typically don’t ever purchase warranties or protection plans), so I was able to easily get a new replacement! Now I need to get a new case. I’m thinking of biting the bullet and getting another Otterbox defender. I had it a few years ago on my old phone and didn’t initially want it on this one since the 6 plus is so big already, but I think with a toddler, it may be my best bet.
3. My never-ending crochet project, the rainbow blanket, is getting closer to being finished! I finally finished all of the colored squares and have started on the white borders. Once those are complete, I just need to attach them all together. I’m trying to get it done quickly so I can start on a new blanket for our next little one :)
4. Have you seen the Cookie Monster commercial – he’s baking cookies and using Siri to set his timer? SO FUNNY. I loved the outtakes even more :)
5. This handy chart on making half of a recipe is super useful! (via Robyn’s View)
6. This is an awesome graphic to discover new books in a genre you enjoy >> The Best Books of the 21st Century.
7. I adore this wonderfully honest and open post from Kristen about living in excess.
8. Hockey playoffs started last night, so needless to say, I’m beyond excited. The Penguins look better heading into the playoffs than they have in probably seven years. Are you watching? Who are you rooting for??
9. Speaking of playoffs, what are your favorite game-watching snacks? Since hockey games come on later in the evening, meals are usually done, but I’d love some good snack ideas!
10. TGIF! Einstein believes in sleeping HARD!
Can’t wait to see a picture of the rainbow blanket. Also hoping to see recipes for Eggplant Parmesan and garlic bread.
I missed that you were expecting again!! That is so exciting, Michelle! Congratulations!
Thanks so much for the love to my excess post. I appreciate you!
That’s a fun chart! I’m saving it for later!
Take a look at the Lifeproof phone cases. I find them slightly less bulky than the otter case. I’ve had one for each of my last few phones and they’re great. My last one actually got slightly damaged and when I emailed them they sent me a replacement right away. Funny cuz when I got my new one the return address said otterbox, so I think they may have been bought out by them?
Love the exciting news!!! Absolutely love your BLOG!!!!
We were up late last night watching HNIC (Hockey Night in Canada), since we are big King fans!!! But the Pengies are our number 2 team!!! I think the first 2 rounds of the playoffs are the best, and most exciting….lots of OT!!
Thanks for all you do!!!
Michelle, before you buy an Otterbox case I’d recommend looking at the LifeProof cases. The LifeProof Fre is what I have and it’s water resistant (great for babies who like to gnaw on phones) and it can withstand my 21 month old playing with it and dropping it. It also cleans nicely to get smudgy baby fingerprints off. The LifeProod Nuud is even more protection. Though I find them much less bulky than the old Defender’s. Plus I just don’t think Otterbox is quite the quality it used to be (IMO)
Joseph is just too cute. He’said such a good little boy. Congratulations on the baby on the way! I’m sure Joseph will love having a little brother or sister.
I know you are always looking for a new TV show to watch so I’ve been meaning to ask you if you watched American Crime Story the People Vs OJ Simpson. It was sooooooo good!
Hi Laura, Yes, we watched it and loved it… I couldn’t believe how much the actress actually looked like Marcia Clark – crazy!
Forget otter box, try out a life proof case. It’s just as durable, plus it’s water proof, and even better…. It’s slimmer than the defender. I love mine, and it has stood up to my two year old!! It’s a bit pricier than the defender, but such a better size. My husband hates cases, but I was able to convince him to get one (toddler in the house!) and he doesn’t mind it.
Hi Teresa, Thanks for the recommendation, I’m going to look into the Life Proof case!
Oops! I just asically said the same thing! But yes, go check out LifeProof!
I haven’t seen the outtakes from the Cookie Monster commercial, but I do think the commercial is great! Another GREAT commercial is the Marc-Andre Fleury family for Magee. Thanks for the half recipe chart; so helpful! I am definitely into reading non-fiction more so than fiction, so the only book on that whole chart that intrigued me was the Mark Levine book. But when it comes to fiction, I enjoy the “classics” and could read them over and over. The Pens/Rangers game Wednesday was great! And boy! was the Flyers/Caps game last night a chippy one! Expected nothing less, but even at the final buzzer they were still at it. So many sticks to the face between those 2 games. Yikes! But PENS all the way! Have a great weekend.
LOVE hockey playoffs… best time of the year!
The half recipe chart is genius! We rarely make half of a batch of go dies, but we are known for making 1 1/2! And Cookie Monster rocks! Thanks!
Congratulations! So happy to hear your good news. Be well! I have the 6+ and have shattered it twice! ???. I went and got the heavy duty screen cover Best Buy sells and will apply for you. Costs about $25-30, but best money I ever spent. I then bought a Caseology case and so far with both no issues!
Love the pictures you are always posting of Joseph and the dogs. If you are not to picky on the color of the otterbox that you want we get ours from groupon. You can get them for around $27 plus shipping, sometimes cheaper with the deals they have. Have a nice weekend.
Love love the picture of Joseph. He really is adorable!!! Congrats again on your new little baby on the way ???
I love the cookie monster and cracked up the first time I saw the commercial when he spun I think they were measuring spoons between his fingers and they went flying ? i never saw the outakes until ow. TOO FUNNY!! There’s just something about him that I always find myself cracking up.
Thanks for the post and pics Have a wonderful weekend ?