1. This peanut turned three months old on Wednesday, which means he is officially no longer a newborn. Crazy! He is definitely our string bean – he’s outgrowing clothes in length at quite a clip. Both my younger sister and my husband’s younger brother are taller than us, and it seems that Dominic is continuing that trend.
He’s been such an incredibly happy baby, flashing tons of smiles and doing a lot of cooing. Although the last two nights he was up more than usual, most nights he’s asleep between 7:30-8:30 and he wakes up once for a feeding anywhere between 4:30-6:00am. I certainly cannot complain!
2. Joseph has been having a rough week – I think he’s cutting two-year molars. His naps and nighttime sleep have been a little more disrupted than usual and he has been jamming his fingers in his mouth like mad, which he hasn’t done since the LAST time he cut teeth, which seems so long ago now. My poor guy.
3. Are you doing a Whole30 this month? I’m not, but in the event that you are, you might find my previous recap helpful, as well as this article I saw last week that I thought was pretty spot-on >> 10 Tips for Surviving a Whole30.
4. It seems as though almost every single pair of socks I own is wearing out at the same time. Gah! Do you have a favorite brand of socks that are kind of casual, just to wear under boots, sneakers, or around the house?
5. I have come to the realization that I don’t own a single winter coat that I actually love. I’d love to invest in one, so if you have any recommendations, lay ’em on me.
6. What did you do on New Year’s Eve? True story: we put the boys to bed, I made our favorite dip, we sat down to watch the hockey game together, and I fell asleep on the couch before 9:30. Womp womp.
7. Oh my gosh, this 18-year-old put on a suit to meet his newborn niece for the first time… so adorable.
8. I often get questions about gluten-free substitutions, but I am admittedly not well-versed in gluten-free baking. I found this infographic with lots of helpful tidbits! >> 9 Tips for Gluten-Free Baking
9. I’m not sure how many of you are also readers of Pinch of Yum, but my heart has been absolutely broken for Lindsay this week, as they lost their sweet son. I just cannot even fathom the grief they are going through. If you have a spare positive thought or prayer, I’m sure they could use it.
10. TGIF… Are you due for a snowy weekend?!