1. This sweet boy had a fantastic 4-month checkup this week – our string bean is in the 60th percentile for height and the 20th percentile for weight, even though he sports a pretty serious double chin most days :) He’s rolling onto his side and getting his head and shoulders wayyyyyy off the ground during tummy time, so I’m sure rolling is only a (short!) matter of time.
2. Joseph did another food challenge at the allergist this week and has been cleared of his soy allergy! This is crazy exciting, since there is soy in pretty much EVERYTHING. We’ve had to be so vigilant reading labels and avoiding things like most store-bought breads, chicken/beef broth, bread crumbs, snack foods, restaurant food, etc. In a couple of months, he’ll do cooked egg to see if he can tolerate that (fingers crossed!).
3. This is old news, but did you know you could get unlimited junior Frostys from Wendy’s throughout 2017 for just $2?! I haven’t had one in years and now I’m totally craving one. (But don’t try to convince me to dunk my fries in there – NEVER!)
4. Did you watch the Super Bowl? I fell asleep during the 4th quarter (womp womp), but my goodness, how amazing was Lady Gaga’s halftime show?! One of the best I’ve seen recently!
5. Loving this >> 10 Tips for Cooking All Day Without Making a Mess. They’re actually great tips even if you’re just making one recipe. I’m a big fan of getting everything out and measured before I start, then putting things away/into the sink as I go. It makes the final clean up go so much faster!
6. I have to give a shout out to this alfredo sauce recipe by Chef in Training. I used it last Sunday when I made fettuccine alfredo for my father-in-law’s birthday dinner, and it was the best alfredo sauce recipe I’ve tried to date. It was wonderfully rich and creamy, not runny or clumpy… love, love, loved it!
7. I got my hair cut yesterday for the first time since four days before Dominic was born and it feels ahhhhhh-mazing!
8. I’ve really been making a concerted effort to plan at least three dinners a week (I love to bake but am SO BAD at cooking meals!), and I think my husband might be worried that I have a fever, ha! Tonight is pizza night, mmmm… I have my neapolitan pizza dough in the fridge ready to go!
9. Do you have any baking or cooking plans for Valentine’s Day? Tell me!
10. TGIF! I have you have a wonderful relaxing weekend!