1. Joseph’s new favorite activity is “reading” to himself. He’ll get his books and instead of bringing them over for me to read to him, he sits on the floor and pages through him, running his fingers over the words, and he’ll say the things in the pictures he knows or says letters, and then fills in with some gibberish. It’s basically the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen.
He’s also been totally enamored with being in the crib with Dominic. It’s so incredibly sweet and earlier this week they were laying on their bellies next to each other, both smiling and giggling.
2. Dominic got his first hair cut this week! His hair was getting way long and crazy, so he got a little trim. Gah, that sweet face!
He also got to ride in the cart for the first time at the grocery store! There was so much for him to look at, and he was smiling at everyone who looked his way. (That hair has wanted to stick straight up since the day he was born!)
3. Earlier this week, I came across this video about a “normal” day through the eyes of a toddler, and… it made me cry. Happy tears. I hope Joseph sees life exactly like this.
4. If you live in Minnesota, I am officially jealous of your state fair bucket of chocolate chip cookies.
5. This guy hugs stray dogs. Love, love, love.
6. I never pick a good watermelon, so I’m loving these tips on picking a superstar watermelon (as well as a video on how to cut one up!).
7. I’ve mentioned a couple of times how much I LOVE the Chrissy Tiegan cookbook, and I just made another FANTASTIC recipe this week. The drunken noodles were TO DIE FOR; my husband and I both devoured them. I’ve yet to make a bad recipe from that book, love it!
8. When I was a kid, I feel like those half gallons of neapolitan ice cream with chocolate, vanilla and strawberry was super popular. The problem? I HATED strawberry! Like, couldn’t stand it if even a smidge of strawberry ice cream got on my vanilla or chocolate. And now? I absolutely adore good strawberry ice cream. Of course, ha!
9. It’s officially soft serve season and I’m craving a big chocolate and vanilla twist with sprinkles!
10. TGIF! Goodness, these two just melt my heart… “Hello, excuse me?”