1. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the devastating flooding in Houston. I connected with Bridget, who luckily had a house and neighborhood that stayed above the water) and arranged to donate diapers and money for food. I so desperately wanted to help in some way; I hope everyone can rebuild and get back on their feet as soon as possible.
2. Next week is going to be a big one at our house – Joseph is starting a little preschool program! It’s two days a week for two hours each at a local church preschool, and he will be in a class specifically for 2.5 year olds. We loved the staff and facility, the fact that they focus on play, go outside, and do learning through experience. Joseph doesn’t have any cousins and we don’t have any local friends with children his age, so he doesn’t have much of an opportunity to interact with kids his own age. The music and swim classes that we do are mostly focused on mom-and-child interactions (which I love and we’re continuing to do!), but we thought some time to play with kids his own age would be great for him. Fingers crossed that we both handle it okay ;-)
3. Dominic, meanwhile, is growing like a little weed! He learned how to throw his arms in the air for “touchdown!” so he’s ready for football season, ha! I ordered his birthday invitations and birthday shirt this week; I cannot believe he’s going to be turning ONE in just over a month!
5. What are your Labor Day plans? Tell me what you’re cooking and baking! I can’t believe it’s already time to bid summer farewell, time is FLYING!
6. Whole Foods just got WAY cheaper!
7. Are you watching any of the U.S. Open? It’s been a crazy first week with tons of upsets; I’m continuing to cheer on Roger Federer, my fav!
8. Let’s talk TV! Did you watch the Game of Thrones finale? This has been my favorite season in quite a few, and now I can’t believe I have to wait a year to see the final season! We also finished the first season of Happy Valley, and my goodness was it good! We’re on to the second season, and are still loving it.
9. Duke is going to be getting some play time of his own! He’s going to start going to doggy day care for half days once a week or every other week. He’s been seeming a little mopey and we think he could use some extended play time and socialization with other dogs. It’s at a facility where we used to take him and Einstein for training lessons, and it’s a fabulous facility.
10. TGIF! I hope you have a great long weekend!