1. These boys of mine, I love them so much. I’m trying to soak up as much time with each of them as I can before baby #3 arrives since I’ll be seriously limited in what I’ll be able to do for a couple of months (no errands with them, no baths, no naps or bedtimes, ugh). I remember feeling so much guilt with what I wasn’t able to do with Joseph when Dominic was born, but in retrospect, it’s such a tiny blip of time in the grand scheme of things. They seem to grow and change so much each week, it’s so much fun to see the little people they’re becoming :)
(Speaking of which, Joseph LOVES helping me in the kitchen. Anytime I’m standing at the counter doing something, he pushes a chair over and gets up to help. This week we were snowed in on Wednesday so I made monkey bread, and he hopped up to help roll the balls of dough and then drop them in the bowl of butter – his favorite part, ha. If you follow me on Instagram, you got to see a couple videos I posted of him helping!)
2. I can’t believe Easter is already next weekend! Do you have any fun basket ideas for toddlers? In the past I’ve done favorite snacks, bubbles, books, etc.
3. A few months ago, I purchased my first non-stick skillet. No joke… we’ve always just had cast iron, enameled cast iron and stainless steel. However, there were just some recipes (and eggs!) that really needed a non-stick skillet and after much research and deliberation, I decided on a Swiss Diamond nonstick frying pan. I absolutely LOVE it; it’s a little pricey, but a totally worthy investment. If you’re in the market for one, I highly recommend!
4. So excited for my friend and fellow food blogger, Jessica of How Sweet It Is, who released her second cookbook this week! The Pretty Dish is full of gorgeous, seasonal food; I’ve bookmarked so many pages!
5. We eat dinner at 5pm, but I’m totally intrigued by this post about early dinners; like the author, my kids are begging for more snacks and dinner pretty much constantly once 4pm eats, even though they’ve already had a reasonable, healthy-ish snack previously. And truth be told, my husband and I are usually starving by then, too. I don’t think I could do 3pm, but maybe more like 4-4:30?
6. Looking for a fun Easter baking project? Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs will NEVER disappoint and they’re super easy!
7. I haven’t been to The Olive Garden in YEARS, but I could always crush bowls upon bowls of their salad and breadsticks. Has anyone made a good copycat version of their dressing? I just saw this recipe and now it’s making me crave massive bowls of their salad!
8. Are you still watching March Madness? I sort of lose steam after the first few days when there’s an abundance of games to watch and my bracket to track. I’m excited for hockey playoffs to start (OF COURSE), and for the Masters in a couple of weeks (which I might be watching from a hospital bed if little girl stays put as long as she’s supposed to!).
9. The Americans is coming back on Wednesday night! So excited for it to start up again, but seriously bummed that this is the last season. It’s been one of our favorite shows since it first aired, and it’s seriously underrated!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a super cozy weekend!