Friday Things #357
1. We had a little preschool parent/teacher conference for this guy a few days ago and it was such a joy to hear how he’s thriving at school, is kind to his friends, and has fun singing songs and dancing. I just love him so much, he’s such a sweetheart.
2. I’m definitely not holding my breath here, but Isabelle has started asking to sit on the potty, I’m sure because she sees her brothers and hears them talking about going. She has yet to do anything on there, but I’m holding out hope that we can get her potty trained way earlier than her predecessors 😉
3. I can’t believe that we are in the throes of kindergarten registration for this boy. How on Earth did we get here so quickly?! I still remember the day he cut his first tooth; he napped with his head on my shoulder all day long 😭
4. I think someone has been spying on me 😂
5. Pretty sure this is what heaven is like ;-)
“No running in the pool area!” pic.twitter.com/jXfkWfM63z
— Welcome To Nature (@welcomet0nature) January 31, 2020
6. And can we all enjoy life as much as this dog sled riding?
Dogs bruh! pic.twitter.com/kSheqv8vBs
— Madeyousmile (@Thund3rB0lt) February 1, 2020
7. In case you missed it, the February BEB Bake-Along recipe was posted earlier this week – Flourless Chocolate Cake! It would make a fabulous Valentine’s dessert; are you planning to bake along this month?!
8. Love this concept of weekly goals vs year-long resolutions.
9. What are you currently watching? We finished up the last season of Poldark and started on Mindhunter on Netflix. It’s absolutely fascinating, and we also love it because at least the first season (not sure about the rest?) was filmed all around the Pittsburgh suburbs, so we’ve recognized some places!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a cozy weekend!
We may have the same people spying on us, LOL. Thanks for the great post, as usual, Michelle! I really enjoy watching the seasonal baking competitions on the Food Network.
Awhh….kindergarten already. I still remember when you first introduced us all to your beautiful baby boy. Now you have 3 beauties😊 what were all of those goldens doing at the pool curious? Wish I could have been there to see that site. Joy for sure. Your furries are adorable as always. Love how they lay together. Have a good weekend all. We were blessed with a beautiful day today. Wonderful vacation day.
I just finished The Messiah. I was spellbound by this one hoping for a sequel! Watching current season of Grace and Frankie now.
My daughter, age 18 months at the time, had 2 brothers aged 2 and 4. She decided to potty train herself and never wet again. The downside – I had to go buy her Masters of the Universe underwear like her brothers. She is now 34 and still strong willed.
I loved Mindhunter! I really hope they bring it back for another season. I’m currently watching “You”. I didn’t love it immediately but was hooked after the first couple of episodes.
Mindhunter Season 3 is on hold so not sure if it coming back. Season 1 & 2 both filmed in Pittsburgh.
Dog videos are awesome ! Cherish every moment with your little one’s. It goes so fast. My Luca graduates from HS this year, we’ll have this summer w/ him & then off he goes. 😢 However! In the meantime, I’ll be making many of your recipes for him & his father. Thank you!!
Your children are fabulous and your dogs just round out the great family, but whoever wrote that piece knew what they were talking about…..chores never seem to get done some days!
As to Isabelle potty training earlier than the boys, it’s a known fact that girls are usually quicker to the potty than the boys, but all children are different, but I hope so for you.
Hi :) I’m currently watching “You” on Netflix and it’s definitely intriguing. I see what the hype has been all about and I recommend it. I’m used to the intensity of “Criminal Minds” and this plot seems like a much softer one.
Didn’t realize that about Poldark!
Goes quick to kindergarten, huh? Love your kids’ pictures!
Sitting here in WI in Door County – the “thumb” of WI northeast of Green Bay. Wishing I was in Crafton or in the Strip. (Originally from Ingram and graduated from Pitt. ) Although you have snow today and we don’t! I like your blog a lot. Recipes r easy to follow. Have a great werkend! Build a snow man!
Those dog videos were the cutest! Great way to start the day :) I’m excited to try the bake along this month! I’m going to try it for Valentine’s Day next week.
OMG those videos made my morning!
You are having the best times! I’m sure some days don’t exactly feel like that, but you’ll look back to when the kids and the dogs were your constant companions and miss the racket and chores. OK, maybe not the chores. I’m glad that you have all these good photos to look at in future.