Friday Things #359
1. I don’t think Joseph wanted to let Dominic get too far ahead of him in the lost tooth department; after a week or two of wiggling a loose tooth, he finally lost his first one on Friday night! He was SO excited! Another visit in the books for the Tooth Fairy :)
2. I had the opportunity to read one of Dominic’s favorite books to his preschool class yesterday morning, and it was such a sweet time. Dominic loved it, and I’m so glad I got to do it!
3. I cannot even believe this sweet pea is going to be TWO in less than two months! She is babbling in three and four-word phrases, loves having her hair done and chasing cars with her brothers. She’s also a total natural in pool, my little water baby!
4. We took the boys to the car show on Friday and they lived their best lives sitting in no less than 50 cars. I came home thinking that a huge pickup truck would be a good purchase and that an enormous passenger van would be great for road trips to the beach. Also, the $100k sedans were pretty sweet, too. There’s a chance my husband may not let me go again 😂
5. Then we realized on Friday night that we had no hot water, womp womp. After replacing some parts last summer, it was clearly the end of the road for our hot water tank and we had to get it replaced. Luckily we were able to do so on Monday, but three days without hot water wasn’t fun (is it just me, or does stuff like that ALWAYS happen over the weekend??) 😬
6. Serious life goals >> Woman Runs “Retirement Village” for Golden Retrievers
7. This coming Tuesday is Fat Tuesday and you know what that means… PACZKI! If you’ve never made the traditional Polish doughnuts, put them on your list this year!
8. Do you follow a morning routine? I would love to hear it!
9. We finished up both seasons of Mindhunter (GREAT show! AWFUL series finale, we thought) and are now halfway through Manhunt Unibomber (on Netflix) – loving the last two FBI series we’ve stumbled upon!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!
FBI and FBI: Most Wanted are also on Hulu, if you already have that!
If you love FBI shows, I want to suggest FBI and FBI: Most Wanted on CBS and if you do not have CBS in your TV lineup, you can get CBS All Access and watch there! I love both!
Isabel is so pretty, really changing and I love her hair! And yes, something always fails on the weekend, always! Morning routine consists of taking care of my almost 89 year old dad, he just moved in with me and my husband, quite the change in our morning routines but it’s working out. Coffee first though, ha!
You are in your element… where you were meant to be and it makes me smile. Thank you for all that you do. 😀
I love your boots. :)
Thank you! They’re SO comfortable, and currently on sale! https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/naturalizer-daelynn-tall-boot-women-regular-wide-calf/5277927/full
Love that tiny you wears a wide calf boot lol. I dont really have big calves but their muscular and I joke that I cant get them over my cankles. I definitely have a morning routine. Coffee pot goes off to make fresh hot amazing coffee. Feed kittie girls (they think they are short black goldens😊), clean the kittie girls litter box, fresh water for them then read my Bible and devotionals shower then head off to work..ick. I semi loved the retired golden rescue home …did not like they were homes for neglected….abandoned. who can do that? Keep showing people michelle how to love babies and pets, family. The world needs more examples like u.
I see I spelled they’re wrong in post lol. I was apparently very into my reply😊…said their. Pet peeve of mine. God has a sense of humor. Thanks for making Friday things so touching and joyful.
My youngest son, now 24, was absolutely obsessed with all things construction. We used to leave for preschool 30 minutes early so we could stop at a local construction area and he could watch the trucks working! He graduated from Pitt and his fiancé graduates from there in April!
I would love it if you could put together a list of some sorts of the latest tv shows you have loved binge watching. We are really struggling to find shows my husband and I enjoy watching together.
I LOVED the link to the Golden Retirement Village!! Sitting her crying for the wonderful way those sweet babies get to live out the remainder of their lives! That lady has a very special heart! ❤️
I just love your blog and look forward to reading every email!
I will work on a list for next week – stay tuned! :)
Agreed on Mindhunters but I don’t think that was originally intended to be the series finale when they made it. I believe the shows creator has since said they may not make any more but at the time it was made, there was supposed to be another season.
Have you watched Line of Duty on Amazon? It’s such a great show, done by the same people that did the Bodyguard series that is on Netflix.
Yes, we watched all the seasons of Line of Duty – that was probably my favorite show that we’ve watched in the last year or so. Fantastic!
I love Line of Duty, Bodyguard and Mindhunter. I didn’t realize that was the last season.
Hi Michelle. Ref. No. 5 – I’m curious how long your water heater had lasted. I was told that their average life span is about 10 years, but just had to replace ours last year after 33 years. When he found out its age, the heating specialist was shocked, to say the least.
BTW, I am really enjoying making your Italian bread recipe., but haven’t managed to recreate the same result each time. Wondering how much ambient temperature affects it – we’re in a deep freeze in Colorado. Love the furry photo!
Hi Judy, It was 12 years old; we were told the same thing, that the lifespan is around 10 years. 33 years is amazing!!! You know what they say – they don’t make things like they used to! Ambient air temperature will definitely affect yeast recipes; in the cold/dry weather it takes a lot longer to get a good rise in.
I recognize the book you read at the pre-school! We had the same book & remember reading it my older son!
And yes-appliances will always break over the weekend-or right before a holiday!
What book did you read in class?! My son loves construction books and we are always looking for good ones!
Hi Courtney, My aunt and uncle got it for him – it’s a personalized book called “Dominic the Little Digger”! This is the website where it’s from – they have tons of different books that can be personalized: https://www.dinkleboo.com/us/books.html. There are two other characters in the book – Joseph the Dump Truck and Isabelle the Tractor :) Needless to say, my kids want to read this nonstop!
Yes, ma’am on the morning routine….I wake up an hour before everyone else in the house….yoga and my bible…then get my calendar in order for the day at work. I call it my calm before the storm. I have struggled with anxiety in the past and by starting this way of rising, every single day, more than a decade ago I have found peace. Do I still have rough days? Absolutely….but it has helped tremendously in finding a balance.
Ahhh I love this, thank you for sharing!