Friday Things #385
1. I love when these three sit down and play together, it seriously makes my heart melt.
2. Isabelle is such a tough little girl, it amazes me! When she falls, she rarely melts down or cries; instead, she stands up and kisses whatever she bumped (knees, hands), says “I ok!” and runs off. I love her 💖
3. I feel like the boys have bonded so much over the last handful of months. They’ve started waking up in the morning and immediately playing together in each other’s rooms. We can hear them making up games and being silly, and it puts a huge smile on my face first thing in the morning 💙
4. I picked out a bunch of things from the Nordstrom anniversary sale but since I’m not a cardholder, I had to wait until this week to purchase and literally all but one thing was sold out 😭 Did you get anything?
5. The folks at Tastefully Simple sent me a package of goodies this week; it’s been a while since I’ve used some of their products and there were SO MANY amazing spice blends and mixes. If you want to grab anything from their website, you can enter the promo code BEB10 for 10% off your order now through 9/30/2020. If you get things from them regularly, I’d love to hear about your favorites!
6. I’ve been using cookie scoops for ages, but my new favorite recent purchase are these larger scoops (I’ve also learned that they’re called “dishers”) – a ⅓ cup scoop for my pancake batter and a ½ cup scoop for my waffles… LOVE them and wish I had gotten them sooner, makes scooping the batter so much easier!
7. Earlier this week while taking our morning walk, the sun was warm, the air was cool and crisp, and the sky was a crystal clear blue – a perfect late summer morning. Walking down a hill, I was overcome with feelings that the air, the sun, the sky… everything FELT exactly like the morning of 9/11. It amazes me that nearly 20 years later, I can still have such a surreal moment come to the front of my memory.
8. Did you hear about the supposed Dirty Dancing sequel that will star Jennifer Grey? I’ve seen the original countless times and I hope they do it justice!
9. If you have kids or grandchildren, I have a TV show recommendation! It may not be new to many; we discovered it on Disney+ a couple of months ago, but our kids are so infatuated with Bluey. My husband and I get a serious giggle from it and I love how much fun the dad, in particular, has with the kids. I loved this article talking about why the show is so great. A favorite in our house!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a relaxing weekend!