An easy recipe for a delicious chocolate pie
- Recipe for single 9-inch pie crust
- ½cupunsalted butter(melted and cooled)
- ¾cuplight brown sugar
- ¼cupgranulated sugar
- ¾cuplight corn syrup
- 1½teaspoonsvanilla extract
- 1¼cupswalnuts(given a very coarse chop)
- ¾cupsemisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Prepare the pie crust as directed in your recipe; blind bake according to the recipe's instructions; set aside.
- 2. Adjust the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- 3. In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high speed with a whisk attachment (or in a large bowl with a whisk and a lot of elbow grease), whip together the butter, sugars, corn syrup, eggs, bourbon and vanilla extract until frothy. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- 4. Pour into the prepared pie crust (you may have more filling than will fit into your pie pan - just fill it up as far as you can). Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until set. Cool completely at room temperature (at least 4 hours) before slicing into the pie. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.