Friday Things #433
1. I hope these three always love each other this much ❤️
2. Isabelle is extremely excited to wear her new backpack to school, she’s been wearing it around the house since it arrived a few days ago :)
3. These Vietnamese meat pies sound delicious, can’t wait to try them!
4. Yesterday morning, I caught a glimpse of Isabelle’s feet where there is a very distinct tan line where her socks sit. At the end of each summer, I love seeing my kid’s farmer’s tans as evidence of a summer well-lived out in the sunshine ☀️❤️
5. “Ranch isn’t a dressing. It’s a lifestyle.” Agree or disagree? I laughed so hard because my husband can’t stand ranch, but I love it!
6. Heat waves call for ice cream sandwich cake!
7. I always love reading about and am inspired by other people’s good habits. Do you have one you’re especially proud of?
8. If you’re shopping for a stand or hand mixer, I weighed in on some options in a couple of articles on NBC News: “5 Best Stand Mixers for All Your Baking Needs in 2021” and “8 Best Hand Mixers for Your Kitchen in 2021“.
9. Currently craving a movie marathon and a big bowl of popcorn!
10. TGIF! Love snuggles with this little lady 🐾
Such a beautiful foto of the kids hugging. Made my day ! I can’t believe how much your kids have grown up. I remember you putting up a foto of your little princess. How time flies. Love your blogs and recipes.
The photo of your children hugging made we weep it is so darn sweet. May they always remain as loving and close to each other. My good habit; I walk 6 miles, Monday-Saturday every week; rain or shine. My motto is: If I can, I will. If I’m able, I must. Walking alone outside gives me clarity and I appreciate the time to reflect, plan, meditate and grateful for my life.
I really enjoyed todays posting. The best part was the farmer tan! I grew up on a farm and was the oldest so was the tractor driver to cultivate corn back then and did I have a farmer tan. The front of my legs were brown and the backs white as I worn shorts. I’ve made some of your recipes and saved many. One more think I have a friend that has a golden dog like you have.
Love the backpack…so cute! So are the kids in hug huddle❤ . I thought everyone liked ranch…I guess I get the same look when I hear someone doesn’t like cheese.
Sweet Judith. Beautiful dog.
I live in central Florida (since I was 5), and a tan of any hue is a sign of skin damage. This usually shows up later in life, as the damage accumulates. Everyone I know has had skin damage, ranging from keratosis to squamous cell to basal cell. Protect your children with sunscreen, please. They don’t know better & rely on you for protection. Ask your pediatrician. ♥️
We I pin several of your recipes which are great but I have to say I always look for Friday’s to see pictures of your adorable kids! They are just precious! Keep posting them!
Just please be sure to use sunscreen on your littles. I recently had a skin cancer removed on my upper chest. My niece laughed that I “accidentally” got sun when I wore a V-neck shirt because she knows I’m lily white but occasionally get a little sun when outside. When I was a teenager my sisters & I sunbathed – no spf lotions back then. Paying the price many years later.
Yes, definitely! I had a basal cell removed from under my eye a few years ago, so we’re extra careful!
Love the picture of your kids, it’s so sweet. I also have three (now adults) children and I told them repeatedly throughout the years that I hoped and prayed they would be forever friends. Now when I hear that they call each other in times of need, when I see them laughing together or making plans together, my heart sings with joy. Yes, they fought as teens, but it passes (although at the time you think it won’t). I’m sure yours will remain close as well.
I am completely with your hubbie on Ranch dressing, almost anything but Ranch for me. The backpack is adorable and Isabelle wears it with panache. I believe your 3 beautiful children will always love and care for each other.