Friday Things #464
1. I hope you all have had a wonderful two weeks! We enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday with extended family for the first time in three years and it was such a lovely day. The kids had so much fun! We all reveled in nearly a week off from school and schedules and enjoyed relaxing days.
2. One morning over Thanksgiving break, my husband and I got up around 7:00 to all three kids snuggled in Dominic’s bed reading a book together.
The three of them bicker and fight like any normal siblings; it can be frustrating and exhausting, but boy, moments like these make my heart just absolutely swell and melt at the same time ❤️
3. I asked this on Instagram last week – do you have a Christmas morning breakfast tradition? If so, I’d love to hear what it is! Share in the comments below 😊
4. So interesting! >> The Unsung Women of the Betty Crocker Test Kitchens
5. This video of Chris Pratt’s acceptance speech from the 2018 MTV Movie Awards popped up in my Facebook feed last week. I had never seen it before and thought it was great:
6. I am working on completely revamped gift guides for you this week! Be on the lookout for an email when they are published (likely over the weekend); I hope they provide some ideas and inspiration for your holiday shopping!
7. I finished It Ends With Us a couple of weeks ago and really liked it. I’m not sure what it is about how Colleen Hoover writes, but I absolutely fly through her books. I just began Code Name Helen; I will keep you posted on how I like it! What was your favorite book from the year?
8. Love this from James Clear’s newsletter:
9. We started watching Tulsa King (Paramount+); made by Taylor Sheridan, the creator of Yellowstone. I’ve never been a huge Sylvester Stallone fan, but oh my gosh, we LOVE this show! Also looking forward to 1923 later in December; we weren’t huge fans of 1883 (even though I adore Tim McGraw and Faith Hill), so I’m hoping we enjoy 1923 more.
10. TGIF! These two kept a very close eye on Thanksgiving preparations 😆