Friday Things #463
1. It was an exciting week for the kids! On Tuesday night, the Pittsburgh Penguins held their Hockey Fights Cancer night and Dominic was invited to ride the zamboni after pre-game warmups. It was such a fun experience for him, and he, Joseph, and Isabelle had a great time taking in their very first hockey game!
We are so grateful that Dominic is currently in a place to be able to enjoy an experience like this 💙
2. We had our first little snow this week!! Just a dusting on the ground but it looked just like a snow globe as it was falling. Isabelle came into the kitchen, glanced out the window and shrieked, “IT’S SNOWING!!!!” and ran to the window so excitedly. I wish I had a video of it and I hope I never forget the sheer joy in her voice. We celebrated with hot chocolate when the boys got home from school 😊
3. Have you started decorating for Christmas yet? We’re starting to get some stuff up and I could not possibly be more excited 🎄
4. So many fabulous classics that I can’t wait to share with the kids when they’re a little bit older!! >> 20 Iconic 80s Teen Movies You Want to Watch With YOUR Teens … Thanks to Say Anything I literally cannot hear Peter Gabriel’s “In Your Eyes” without thinking of my two high school best friends and even if I haven’t connected with them in months upon months, I immediately message them ❤️
5. What’s your favorite cereal to have as an evening snack or treat? I ate a leftover box of Frosted Flakes from one of Dominic’s hospital stays a couple of months ago, and it was total nostalgia for me! I wouldn’t eat it every morning for breakfast, but once in a while for a nighttime snack? Bliss. Do you have any cereals like this?
6. In case you missed it yesterday, I shared our Thanksgiving menu for this year. I hope you’ll check it out and grab some inspiration if you’re still in the meal-planning stage for next week!
7. THIS, my goodness >>
8. I have seen almost every person I know going bananas trying to get Taylor Swift tickets this week. I’m starting to feel like the only person who has never even listened to one of her albums. I’m not, right? 😉
9. TV! The start to Yellowstone seemed a little slower than in previous premiers but still looooooving it. We also started the new season of The Crown and are watching new episodes of Doc Martin as they’re available. If you watch, what did you think of Yellowstone and The Crown?
10. TGIF! These two snuggle bugs are freshly groomed for the holidays!
Continuing to keep Dominic and your family in my thoughts. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I love The Crown! I discovered the show late, and flew through the first 4 seasons. I’m trying to savor season 5! Haven’t watched Yellowstone yet, but it’s on my list (I’m always late to discover shows for some reason). My current fave this fall is Big Sky. Season 1 was really good, season 2 was ok, but this season has been the best so far.
I love that Dominic is doing well, and that they got to experience something so exciting. Thank you for sharing!
So thankful you son is on the way….we dont realize how much we take for granted… We love love Doc Martin husband gets for free using the Torrent…Love Yellowstone and Big Sky love love…. Have a Blessed Holiday
Michelle, It’s prayers being answered to see your beautiful children smiling together making fun memories!
May your Thanksgiving be filled with many blessings! 🙏🍁🦃🍁
Oh man! Friday Things is baaaack!!! Yay!
So happy to hear Dominic is able to resume kids stuff!
I have also never listened to a Taylor Swift. I have heard songs here and there…a lot of the female singers in her genre sound the same to me…can’t tell them apart!
Yellowstone was a little disappointing. Here’s to hoping it picks up.
The Crown was a bit of a snoozer too. The Diana era is a bit over done on TV dramas/movies/documentaries. Kinda rehashing all the tragedy that we have heard about a million times before…and I have to say that it really bugged me that the actress that portrayed Diana, although she nailed her look and her voice, she was WAAAY TOO TALL.
Thank you for sharing your Thanksgiving menu. I am going to add the corn casserole to mine :)
So glad to hear Dominic had a special night.
Didn’t know there were new Doc Martin episodes! Thanks!
Agreed about Yellowstone. Wasn’t crazy about the Monica/Tate storyline.
Not a Swift!
Wonderful post. Superb to see Dominic up and running. The whole family are an absolute delight. And cereal – definitely a midnight treat.
Awww Michelle the kids looked soooo excited and soooo happy ! It’s great they all got to experience that !!!! The puppies look fresh & beautiful! Ready for the holidays !!! Happy Thanksgiving to you & your whole family 😊
Very pleased to be reading your posts lately and that you’re in a place to do it again. It’s also wonderful to see your son doing well. That smile on his face is the best – absolutely priceless :)
By the way, who’s Taylor Swift????
Blessings to you & your family this Thanksgiving! So happy to receive your email. Seeing Dominic on the zamboni melted my heart….God love that brave little guy!
Your children look so happy….so beautiful to see!!
Hi Michelle, so happy to hear that Dominic is doing well. What a great night for your family. I’ve started the new season of The Crown, some episodes are a little slow but it’s keeping my interest. My daughter is over the moon that she was able to get T. Swift tickets. She’s been a fan for many years. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family.
This post has made my day! Dominic looks so happy in the photo. Blessings and happy thanksgiving to the family.
Michelle you are a such an example that Love never fails. Dominic is my super hero, but so are you. Many special blessings to you and your family this Thanksgiving.
Woke up to find your weekly wrap in my email. I’m truly happy that you’re in a place that you can do this again. Sending hope and hugs that it will continue.
The picture of Dominick on the zamboni made my week! Love and blessings to you and your beautiful family!
How fun Dominic! Precious pups. Have a good weekend.
LOVE seeing Dominic! Thanks for sharing.
And sorry but yes, you’re the only person who hasn’t listened to Taylor Swift albums. (hahaha).
Take care and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I am so glad that Dominic is doing better and being able to enjoy just being a kid again. Hold on to these memories, time marches so quickly.
I’m so happy to see Dominic doing better and hope this trend continues. I will continue to pray for him and your family.
We’ve loved “Yellowstone” since the beginning and were very disappointed in the season premier. It just seemed to be lacking in the “Wow” factor. Hopefully, it will get better.
I, too, have never listened to a Taylor Swift song. I guess I’m just too old!
Loved this post today. What a joy to see the children’s smiles. Oh, so much to be Thankful for even through this difficult time for your family.
So glad Dominic is doing well!! Hope all of you enjoy the holiday season!! He looks great!!
I too have never listened to a Taylor Swift album nor any of her songs…I love Doc Martin. So sorry this is the last season. Happy Thanksgiving!
Just had that Taylor Swift convo this week. Another mom was telling me how she got tickets for herself and her teenage daughter and I said, “I can’t name one of her songs.” I’m not sure my teenage daughter could either… The woman named a few, and I guess I recognized them?
So glad to see those sweet smiles back in my inbox!
So glad to see that your family is able to do some “normal” things – what a great adventure to the hockey game.
I have not listened to a Taylor Swift album. I have probably heard some of her songs, but I wouldn’t know if I did.
I am saving The Crown until The Great British Bake Off is over – I think the finale is today.
I hope your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
1. I’m so glad you are getting back to blogging and sharing- I know it means your life with Dominic is in a better place to allow you the time for this again :-)
2. Definitely not the only non-Swiftie! I know her singles but have never purchased or even listened to an album. It kinda seems like she should have managed her own ticket sales though- I saw scalpers were trying to sell for $13k?!
So excited to see your post this morning. Your children are so adorable and the pups too of course. I am looking forward to seeing all of my family next week. Lots of great food family and football, Happy Thanksgiving to all!
No, your not the only one Michelle, I to have not listened to a full Taylor album but was intrigued by all the hype over her lastest ‘Midnights’.
So thankful your back to share your beautiful family with us 😊