Friday Things #473
1. Joseph has always loved color by number, but his new favorite is mystery mosaic color by number, where you color a grid, revealing a picture. I’ve always adored coloring, especially color by numbers, so it’s fun to see him love it, too (and still get to color together sometimes!).
2. Dominic was given the okay to return to ice skating lessons a few months ago, and the weeks that he is able to go… those are his absolute favorite days 💙
3. Speaking of skating, the kids recently got rollerblades for out in the driveway! They all caught on quickly, and Isabelle has been using them to practice different skills from skating class. The other day she said, “Mommy, can I put on my rollerblades? I want to practice my scooter pushes!” 💖
4. Let’s talk eyebrow pencils… I have been using this one for a number of years now and really like it, but I am so tempted to try one of those stencil kits that keep popping up in my Facebook feed. Has anyone used them? Are they worth it? I need to know! 😆
5. If you were also in your early 20’s during the early 2000’s and loved rom-coms, then you will most certainly appreciate this trip down memory lane of one of my favorite movies during that time >> “You’re So Vain”: An Oral History of How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days
6. I spruced up my Kouign Amann recipe from a handful of years ago to be even more streamlined and helpful. If you’ve never tried these French pastries before, you have to give them a go! They taste like caramelized, sugared croissants 😋
7. I loved scrolling through this list of The 27 Most Beautiful Towns in America… of all of them, I’ve only been to St. Augustine (which I love!), but now I want to see them all! How many have you been to? Do you have a favorite?
8. It’s been yearsssss since our Pittsburgh Pirates have been very competitive, and they have been on fire since the start of the season, and we have been having so much fun watching, the kids especially!
9. We’ve been watching Suspects (seasons 1 and 2 are on AcornTV, then seasons 3-5 are on PBS Masterpiece and Plex), which is a London-based crime series. It’s filmed sort of documentary-style, like The Office, which makes it interesting. I’m not too vested in it; more background noise for me. What are you watching lately?
10. TGIF! These two have been cuddling up together before bed, and I can’t get enough of it ❤️
I can’t wait to try your recipe for Kouign Amann. It looks amazing!! I do miss your weekly section of “things I bookmarked this week”. Always looked forward to seeing your selections. Sending prayers for your family.
Hi Holly, Thanks for the feedback! Maybe I can incorporate that into my Friday Things. Most of what I save nowadays I find through Instagram :)
I used to live in Whitefish, Montana; it is very pretty indeed.
It’s so fun to see all of your little kids growing and thriving. Wow, I remember when your only kid was Einstein and your husband was your chief culinary consultant
Loved the new recipe this week. Thanks for sharing
I’ve been to six of the most beautiful towns in America…Camden, Rockport, Woodstock, Stowe, Bar Harbor and Block Island. I am from New England so that makes it easy.
All beautiful places!!
On your recipe for the “Wacky Cake” frosting, it calls for a tablespoon of vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste, does that mean out of the bean itself, because that would mean many bean sprouts!
Hi Vernie, No, vanilla bean paste is an actual product, sort of a hybrid between straight seeds and extract. Here is the one I usually keep in my pantry: https://amzn.to/3pyDvI0
I loved looking through the prettiest cities in the US. I’ve been to eight of them. My favorites are Mackinac Island and Friday Harbor. I’m so happy to see Dominic in skating gear. Thanks for all that you share.
Michelle, so nice to see all 3 kids doing things they enjoy & looking great! ❤️The pups too.! My little Doxie will be 18 this week.😊
So glad too that you are joyously posting again. It makes my heart smile. Happy Spring!
Hope it will be a wonderful summer for all of you.
Love to the whole family!
I’m enjoying The Diplomat, Succession and Brokenwood (on Acorn). Also recently watched the final season of Animal Kingdom on AppleTV. Unfortunately Suspects isn’t available in Canada 😔.
All those little towns look gorgeous but I’ve never been to any.
Dominic looks so happy in his ice skating gear!
The Diplomat on Netflix is so good…cannot wait for the next season!!! I also am currently enjoying Perry Mason on HBO and Rabbit Hole on Paramount.
I know! Super excited about the Pirates! Maybe this will be their year. 1979 was a long time ago…
Ahhh……….The pictures are so adorable. I enjoy seeing growth in all of them.
Have you ever heard of the 1,000 Islands? Truly that many, large & small. They are quite beautiful by boat. Many historic places such as Boldt castle. It’s a beautiful love story so look it up & read about it. I hope you will as I know you will be amazed by the love of George Boldt for his wife.
You all remain in my Prayers. God is so good.
I once got an eyebrow stencil with some powder. For me, it looked fake and didn’t follow my eyebrow contour. I like the tutorials on Instagram by Jasmine Kidd. Follow your own brows : )
When I clicked on what you use for an eyebrow pencil all it did was take me to the app store. I use Anastasia, blonde. Used it for years. Never tried the stencils.
Love your recipes-thanks so much! I was prompted to write because of your comment about the Pirates. My husbands grandfather played for them back in the early 1900’s alongside the famous Honus Wagner. He was in the world series with them in 1909. He was the first Italian American pro ball player. His name was Ed Abbaticchio or “Batty”
Re: #7 – I live about 30 miles from Carmel-By-The-Sea. It’s a beautiful little town that definitely has a different pace than the towns around it. The houses don’t even have addresses! It’s all by based on direction, which is kind of crazy. No mail delivery, everyone gets a post office box. And I don’t know if it’s still a law, but no ice cream cones allowed – they were messy and uncivilized. You were expected to sit down and eat your ice cream in a bowl with a spoon, not walk around eating. Brad Pitt recently bought a house there up on the bluffs and (allegedly) plans to relocate. Adjacent to Carmel is Pebble Beach and their can’t miss 17-Mile Drive that winds along the coast. Many celebrities have homes there, and it is home to world renowned golf courses and hosts the AT&T Celebrity Pro-Am golf tournament every winter.
My hairdresser is now coloring my eyebrows. Its been a month and the color is holding so maybe give it a try. In my 70s and my eyebrows are disappearing. Got tired of all the products I tried. Just wake up and go.
I’ve been to Gatlinburg, Sedona, and St. Augustine. If you ever make it to Sedona, I highly recommend a Segway tour there. It’s a wonderful way to catch the scenery!