Friday Things #486
1. I can’t believe that we only have one more full week of summer left before the kids head back to school. It has flown by, and we’re trying to soak up every last minute! We went to the zoo this week, the kids played with friends at the park, we played mini golf… enjoying these days ❤️
2. Dominic was feeling back to himself by Saturday and asked to gear up as goalie in the driveway. When he does we just use a wiffle ball because he can’t sustain any impact to his chest due to his central line but he loves practicing his moves… I can’t wait for him to do everything that he wants to do without restriction 💙
3. Then Saturday evening, the kids had a birthday party at an animal park where you could interact with the animals and Isabelle’s highlight was feeding lettuce to the giraffe
4. I saw that Amazon is planning to have another sales event – “Prime Big Deal Days” – coming up in October solely for its Prime members. If you don’t have a Prime membership and want to try it out, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial. You get free two-day delivery (though sometimes it can be one-day or same-day), Prime video (shows and movies), free Grubhub+ for a year, Amazon Music, gaming, kids content, and more.
5. Love this >> Why Decluttering Isn’t Like Waving a Magic Wand (and how to clear clutter from the inside out, including notes on “decide once” which I love!)
6. Last weekend, Dominic and Isabelle asked me to make chocolate cake, so I quickly made my Texas sheet cake. It’s always a hit and I love how quick and simple it is to make, plus that fudgy frosting is the BEST!
7. I swear I can still smell this (along with Sunflowers perfume):
8. Speaking of the 90’s, I have an urge to go back and rewatch so many of my most-loved shows from that decade. I feel like I grew up with so many shows that aired during that decade since I turned 10 in 1990. What were your favorites? I loved Friends, Seinfeld, The Golden Girls, Full House, Party of Five, My So-Called Life, Felicity, The Wonder Years, Dawson’s Creek, ER… gosh there were so many!
9. We started watching Special Ops: Lioness on Paramount+ this week and I am hooked. Another great show from Taylor Sheridan. If you haven’t seen it yet, there are currently four episodes available; the next one comes out on Sunday.
10. TGIF! Duke routinely grabs these rings (that we’ve had since it was just Einstein!) and swings them in Judith’s face until she starts to play 😍