Friday Things #491
1. Last Saturday was rainy and gloomy, so we had a cozy day at home and introduced the kids to Mary Poppins… they loved it!
2. Dominic completed his first neuroblastoma vaccine shot this week; a big milestone in his journey. The shot itself was very painful, but it subsided fairly quickly and he did really well!
3. I need some more bag clips (for chips, etc.) and saw that this pack of 16 is a huge Amazon bestseller. Does anyone have them? Are they as good as advertised?
4. Another great snippet from a James Clear newsletter:
“Many people view their habits and routines as obstacles or, at the very least, obligations to get through. Making the morning coffee, driving your kids to the next activity, preparing the next meal—we often see our routines as chores to be completed.
But these are not moments to be dismissed. They are life. Making coffee can be a peaceful ritual—perhaps even a fulfilling one—if done with care rather than rushed to completion. It’s about the amount of attention you devote to these simple moments, and whether you choose to appreciate them or bulldoze through them on the way to the next task.
Find the beauty and joy in your daily rituals and you will find beauty and joy in your daily life. To love your habits is to love your days, and to love your days is to love your life.”
5. A good refresher >> How to Keep Your Produce Fresh for Weeks (Hint: It’s Not Always in the Fridge)
7. I’ve always washed sheets on the weekend, but a couple of weeks ago I saw Haley on Instagram mention “fresh sheets Friday” and it dawned on me that this makes so much more sense! Especially with all of the kids in school, I can get all of the sheets washed and beds remade by lunchtime. When I do them on the weekends, it always feels like a big chore because there’s so much else going on. I think I’m a Friday convert now!
8. Lots of great tips >> The 30 Greatest Decluttering Tips of All Time
9. I LOVE a great cheese board and need to remember to make them more often! Love these tips >> How to Build a Fabulous Cheese Board
10. TGIF! Duke says Happy Friday!