Friday Things #497
1. Last Saturday was a pretty gloomy, rainy day here, and in the morning, Joseph asked if they could do a “draw along”. They’ve done a few of these in school, where they watch a step-by-step video of how to draw something and do it at the same time. I set it up for them, and all three of them did SO MANY drawings, and they looked amazing, they were so proud!
The YouTube channel Art for Kids Hub has probably thousands of videos of everything from animals to sports, popular characters, and more. They asked me to draw with them a few times and it was so much fun.
2. I also can’t remember the last time all three of them came to the grocery store with me, I loved it. A couple of weeks ago, I ran into the store while they were at school and I saw one of those race car-themed shopping carts in the parking lot, and smiled. Getting one of those carts when the boys were toddlers would absolutely MAKE THEIR DAY… turning those little steering wheels all through the store. Now everyone is in school all day, and boy, the years just fly by.
3. What do you pass out for Halloween? I’ve always done just chocolate, but realized last year that my kids were equally excited about some of the other things they got, too. So this year I’m switching it up and doing a bunch of assorted chocolate bars, but also adding in fruit snacks, and snack bags of chips!
4. Thank you for all of the recommendations re the stainless steel coffee thermos last week… I am adding this ceramic travel mug to my list!
5. I love this mindset shift >> “I Can’t” Leads to Despondency, “How Can I” Leads to Possibilities
7. What do you eat for breakfast? I’m not a big breakfast eater and am usually not hungry until after the kids are out the door, but I struggle with grabbing something at that point. Sometimes I’ll eat a protein bar, but am looking for other quick, light mid-morning options.
8. Beautifully written:
Yoga teacher and spiritual leader Sadhguru on the miracles of daily life:
“Every moment there are a million miracles happening around you:
a flower blossoming, a bird tweeting,
a bee humming, a raindrop falling,
a snowflake wafting along
the clear evening air.
There is magic everywhere.
If you learn how to live it,
life is nothing short of a daily miracle.”
9. What have you been watching lately? We haven’t started anything new and I’ve been putting on old episodes of The Office and Seinfeld the last few nights; like seeing old friends!
10. TGIF! I love seeing the pups all tucked in and cozy at night 💙