1. Mr. Duke hit a major milestone since last Friday – he slept through the night for the first time! And he has slept through the night every night since. It’s like magic! It was the first time in nearly two months that one of us weren’t getting out of bed in the middle of the night to take him out. Now that it’s getting super cold at night, I’m even more appreciative of his newfound love of sleep.
In the past week, Duke has discovered the skylights in our family room. He’s obsessed with them at night, when he sees the reflections of us sitting on the couch, the glow of our phones, and my laptop. He growls and barks at the skylight incessantly; it was cute at first, but now we’re ready for him to get over it ;-)
2. Speaking of our pups, we are seriously considering getting a Roomba. Two Golden Retrievers are creating an insane amount of fur and yard debris on our floors on a daily basis. I’m just wondering how often we’d need to empty it and if would actually be worth it. Does anyone with high-shedding dogs have one?
3. Christmas is exactly two months away! I love this!
4. If you’re into homemade food gifts for the holidays, you have to check out these free printable chalkboard-style labels from Lia Griffith… How awesome are these?!
5. I’ve seen a lot of folks make really cute labels for homemade gifts with the Silhouette Cameo. Here’s the thing… I’m not at all crafty. As in, not at ALL. However, with the holidays coming up, I’m wondering if it would be a fun little toy for gifts. Would something like this be worth it for someone that doesn’t do any crafting?
6.The increasingly cold mornings and evenings have me craving a warm, plush robe. Do you have any recommendations? I don’t think I’ve ever bought a robe for myself!
7. Since we’re on the subject of robes, I’m also on the lookout for new slippers. Can you tell I’m more than ready for the cozy days of winter?! Right now I have these bookmarked: Sorel Tremblant Blanket, Sorel Nakiska, UGG Ansley, and UGG Rylan. Any thoughts/recommendations?
8. Confession: my Chief Culinary Consultant and I watch Eastbound and Down on HBO. The show is totally ridiculous and I feel like I might lose some brain cells every time I watch it, but I can’t help but find it hysterical. Please tell me I’m not the only one!
9. You have until midnight tonight to enter to win a $300 Zappos.com gift card – don’t forget to enter!
10. TGIF! Best buddies and twins!