1. Duke is EXTREMELY proud of himself. He’s been picking up and carrying around two tennis balls in his mouth since he was pretty young, but it took me until last week to actually get a picture of it! He never stops moving and as soon as you try to take a picture, he drops the tennis balls and walks toward you ;-)
2. This past week I had my glucose test, which I passed with flying colors, woo! The drink didn’t taste bad (it pretty much tasted like Sprite), but having to chug the entire bottle in 5 minutes left me totally nauseous, ugh. I also had a hemoglobin screen, which came back borderline low for anemia, which might explain why I’ve been feeling totally and completely run down the last two weeks. The doctor prescribed a daily iron supplement, so hopefully I’ll perk back up soon!
3. When you were a kid, did you participate in the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! program? As a kid who loved to read and loved pizza, this was pretty much the best thing ever. Read books… get free pizza. Plus, pins and stickers… what’s not to love?! To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the program (I didn’t even know they still had it!), they launched a BOOK IT! alumni site where you can register for free pizza. You can read all about it here.
4. I am absolutely loving my new ballerina pink Tieks! October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month – a great time to remember to schedule your yearly checkup or mammogram. When detected early, there is a 95% survival rate. DO IT!
5. This list of 65 Books You Need To Read In Your 20s has me yearning to pick up a good book again (although, as my husband reminded me, I’m well into my 30s at this point!). I think next on my list is Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Has anyone read it?
6. I recently got the 2 Sues Bag in walnut from Kelly Moore and, while it’s technically a camera bag, I am LOVING it as my everyday fall purse. As it turns out, all those little dividers for lenses and an iPad make organizing the inside of a purse a cinch. Seriously genius! There’s a place for everything and I’m never fumbling around looking for something that’s sitting at the bottom of my bag.
7. This week I got to share some of my favorite hockey-watching snacks with a local hockey blog, Pens Initiative. If you’re as excited as I am about the official start of hockey season next week, head on over and get some snack ideas (it goes without saying that these are excellent food choices for ANY sports-watching!). I can’t wait to feel the chill coming off the ice next week at the home opener! I figured I won’t be able to make it to many games this season, so I’m packing a couple in early this month :)
8. The weather has been nice and warm here during the month of September, but it’s slated to turn very chilly and rainy over the weekend, which means it’ll be time for my inaugural fall trip to Starbucks for some hot chocolate! I LOVE their hot chocolate, and it’s one of my favorite cold-weather traditions.
9. I finally watched last week’s episode of Scandal a few days ago and now need to catch up on last night’s. I have to say, I’ve been totally spoiled by Netflix and on demand… binge watching TV shows is so much better than having to wait a week between episodes! That being said, I am absolutely counting down to Sunday night’s Homeland premiere. I can’t wait to see where they take the series, and hope it’s just as good as it’s been up until now!
10. TGIF! I hope you have a snuggly weekend!