These muffins are packed with fruits and nuts
- 1cuptraditional rolled oats
- 1cupall-purpose flour
- ½cuplight brown sugar
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- ½teaspoonbaking soda
- ¼cupfinely chopped pecans(or walnuts)
- 1/3cupchopped dates
- 1/3cupdried cranberries(or raisins)
- 4ouncesunsalted butter, melted and cooled((½ cup ))
- 1large egg(lightly beaten)
- ½teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- 2. In a large bowl whisk together the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the pecans, dates and dried cranberries. In a separate medium bowl whisk together the butter, buttermilk, egg and vanilla.
- 3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to gently stir together just until the ingredients are mixed and moistened.
- 4. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the muffin pan for a few minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.