This potato salad is perfect for a picnic!
- 2poundssmall red potatoes(quartered)
- 1small white onion, halved((5-ounce) )
- 3tablespoonswhite or golden balsamic vinegar
- 1tablespooncider vinegar
- ½teaspoonDijon mustard
- ¼cupolive oil
- 1tablespoonminced shallots
- 1tablespoonchopped fresh chervil
- 2teaspoonschopped fresh chives
- 2teaspoonschopped fresh parsley
- ½teaspoonfreshly ground pepper
- 1. Place the potatoes and the onion in a pot and add enough salted water to cover by at least 3 inches. Bring the water to a boil and immediately reduce to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining the balsamic vinegar, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream, stirring constantly. Stir in the shallots, chervil, chives, parsley, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. Let the dressing sit for at least 10 minutes at room temperature for the herbs to infuse their flavor.
- 3. Drain the potatoes and discard the onion. Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl. Stir the dressing just before pouring it over the potatoes, season with the remaining salt and pepper, and toss to coat well. Serve warm or at room temperature.