Slow Cooker Peanut Clusters
Are you ready for Christmas baking? December is absolutely my favorite time of the year, and I love nothing more than baking Christmas cookies and goodies. It just wouldn’t be Christmas without the classics and a few other new finds sprinkled in for good measure. While I love eating nut clusters, I had never actually made them myself; once I saw this insanely easy slow cooker recipe, it was only a matter of time!
My aunt shared this recipe on her Facebook page and I immediately saved the link. Two types of peanuts, two types of chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, AND you can make it in a slow cooker? I was immediately sold, and I think you will be, too.
How to Make Slow Cooker Peanut Clusters
It took me literally five minutes to make this. Everything gets dumped into the slow cooker, cover, turn on low, and let it go for 2 hours. At that point, it’s likely that everything will be melted (mine was), but if you need more time, an additional 30 minutes should be all you need. I experimented with scooping the nut clusters out in a variety of ways – with a large spoon, with a medium cookie scoop, and then I just poured the mixture into a parchment-lined pan and broke it into pieces. My verdict? I liked the clusters scooped with a cookie scoop the best – they were the most uniform and by far the most pleasing to the eye, which is important when it comes to Christmas cookie trays, right?! :)
While I am immensely partial to peanuts, you could absolutely make this with any type of nut you like, or a combination of them. My father-in-law even suggested skipping the nuts and using coconut for coconut clusters. There are tons of possibilities, and these little clusters would make fantastic holiday gifts – just place in a clear cellophane bag and tie with a pretty ribbon!
Two years ago: 50 Best Selling Cookbooks & Kitchen Gift Ideas
Three years ago: Classic Gingerbread Cake
Four years ago: My 10 All-Time Favorite Christmas Movies
Five years ago: Homemade Food Gift Ideas
Slow Cooker Chocolate-Covered Peanut Clusters
The absolute easiest candy recipe ever; peanut and chocolate lovers will devour this!
- 16 ounces unsalted peanuts (or dry roasted peanuts)
- 16 ounces salted cocktail peanuts
- 1 (12-ounce bag) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12-ounce bag) milk chocolate chips
- 2 (10-ounce bags) peanut butter chips
- 2 (16-ounce packages) white almond bark or vanilla candy melts
- Layer all of the ingredients in order in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. [NOTE: While I have made this multiple times without an issue, it seems that many people have experienced the ingredients burning. I would recommend stirring all of the ingredients together and checking on it and stirring every 30 minutes to avoid an issue.]
- Remove the lid and stir to combine. If not all of the chocolate is melted, cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes on low.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, scoop mounds of the clusters onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Allow to sit at room temperature until completely set, 1 to 2 hours. The clusters can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. They also freeze very well!