This spaghetti sauce is so much better than anything you'll get n a jar!
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce:
- 2Tablespoonsolive oil
- 1large sweet onion(chopped)
- 28oz.can tomato puree
- 28oz.can tomato sauce
- 2.5teaspoonsdried parsley
- 1/2teaspoondried basil
- Water from rinsing extra sauce and puree from inside of cans
- 1lbground beef
- 1teaspoondried Italian parsley
- ½cupItalian bread crumbs(divided)
- ½cupgrated Romano cheese
- ¼teaspoongarlic powder
- 1. To make the Sauce: Saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender.
- 2. Add tomato sauce, tomato puree, parsley, basil, water, salt, and sugar.
- 3. Stir and lower heat to a slow simmer. This best if it's left to simmer for at least 2 hours.
- 4. To make the Meatballs: Preheat oven to 350.
- 5. Combine 1/4 cup of bread crumbs with milk and let soak for 10 minutes. Combine with all remaining ingredients and shape into balls.
- 6. Cook for 30 minutes and then add to sauce. If you want to cook them the whole way in the oven, cook for 40-45 minutes, depending on size.