Happy New Year’s Eve! Since tomorrow is a holiday, I’m rocking my usual Friday Things today!
1. Joseph’s first Christmas was absolutely wonderful! He got the most joy out of wrapping paper and tissue paper, but once the dust settled, he began making good use of some new toys. Current favorites are his alphabet train, which he’s been pushing around everywhere, and his dancing robot (he LOVES to dance).
Speaking of pushing, his new favorite thing is pushing everything and anything that is not nailed down. One day he was pushing a kitchen chair back and forth and my husband took a video that’s just hysterical:
2. Was the weather crazy where you live last week? We had all of our windows open on Christmas Eve, it was nuts! I guess if it won’t snow (I ALWAYS want a white Christmas!), then tropical weather is the next-best thing?
3. Loving this list since one of the things I hope to start doing in the new year is waking up early to get a jump on the day >> 10 Things Insanely Healthy People Do Before 9 A.M.
4. Have you heard of “The Penny Date“? Such a cute idea for finding new and different things to do!
5. I’m doing another round of Whole30 in January! I did one back in June/July (you can read about how it went here) and felt so good, but began to lapse back into my old ways of eating, no thanks to the holidays. I’m definitely looking forward to pressing the reset button.
6. How amazing are these maternity ward beds? As someone who had a c-section, this would have been a dream come true!
7. I got a beautiful Leuchtturm notebook and colored pens for Christmas, and am super excited to start bullet journaling. I’m hoping that it helps me get back to my more organized ways, which I sort of abandoned this past year.
8. Do you have any big plans for tonight?! We’re having our parents over and making homemade pizzas, but I’m pretty sure we won’t be awake past 10:30pm.
9. A couple of nights ago, we watched Mission Impossible. I thought it was okay, my husband said it was his least favorite of the Mission Impossible franchise. It had been ages since we watched a movie; now we’re waiting for the new James Bond to hit on demand or Netflix!
10. TGI… T! Have a fun and safe New Year’s Eve! Hopefully you have a buddy watching over you :)