Ranch Pretzels

My friend Amber introduced me to this seasoning technique for crackers and pretzels and it’s so easy that I don’t think I’ll eat a plain bag of pretzels ever again! My measurements were to scale for the size bag of pretzels I used – adjust as necessary.

Ranch Pretzels
(Source: Amber’s Delectable Delights)

9-oz. bag pretzels
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1-oz. packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dips
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

2. Place the pretzels in a gallon-size ziploc bag. Add the oil, seal the bag and toss to coat. Add the dry ingredients to the bag, seal and toss again until all of the pretzels are coated.

3. Spread the pretzels out on a large baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the oil has absorbed into the pretzels. Cool and store in an airtight container.

11 Responses to “Ranch Pretzels”

1. Aud on August 29, 2007 at 7:47 pm

Ooh! I have to try these! :)

2. Kate on August 29, 2007 at 11:03 pm

Amber = pretzels. No really, I think if you look up pretzels in the dictionary you’ll see her picture.

Tag you’re it! Check out my blog for more info

3. DeborahSW on August 30, 2007 at 11:31 am

Sounds like a great way to dress up plain ol’ pretzels! :)

4. Lesa on December 17, 2008 at 9:45 am

Try adding some red pepper flakes and cayanne pepper with the
    ranch dressing. Adds a little zing.

5. Pingback: Artichoke Spinach Dip | Brown Eyed Baker

6. Kim on November 28, 2010 at 11:45 pm

Try substituting the vegetable oil with Orville Redenbaccher’s butter flavored popcorn oil.

7. KK on April 21, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I used a 16oz bag of pretzels and 1 packet of the seasoning and it was perfect ratio of seasoning! I did add a bit more oil since I used more pretzels.

8. Colleen on July 5, 2011 at 9:44 am

These are great! My cousin makes these every year for Christmas…he adds a little lemon pepper to the mix. This mixture is also GREAT on oyster crackers!

9. Pingback: Ranch Pretzels | Countertop Confections

10. Pingback: Ginger-Peach Granola Squares

11. Steve on January 6, 2013 at 1:27 pm

These pretzels are easy and quick to make. When I make mine I just mix everything together and enjoy. You don’t need to bake them