70 Thanksgiving Recipes

(Photo found on Pinterest, originally from Flickr.)

Whether we’re ready or not, Thanksgiving will be here in just two weeks from Thursday. How did it already become the holiday season?! I need to get started on some menu ideas for Thanksgiving dinner, and thought you might be in the same situation. To help you kick off your menu planning, I’ve gathered all of the Thanksgiving-worthy recipes that are on the site and brought them here in one list for you. There are some breakfast ideas, as well as tons of side dishes and desserts. I’ll be sharing more Thanksgiving recipes over the next couple of weeks, but these should get you going and get your menu started!

Breakfast

Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
Compound Butter
Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry-Walnut Rolls
Fresh Green Bean Casserole
Garlic Knots
Homemade Gravy (Make Ahead)
Mashed Sweet Potato Brulée

Apple-Pecan Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Filling & Praline Frosting
Baklava
Brown Sugar-Apple Cheesecake
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Chunky Pecan Pie Bars
Chocolate Bourbon Walnut Pie
Cinnamon Ice Cream (perfect to go with your pumpkin pie!)
Classic Apple Pie
Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
Dutch Apple Pie
Dutch Apple Pie Bars
Fig and Almond Cheesecake
Fig and Walnut Biscotti
Gingered Carrot Cake Cookies
Grandma’s Ambrosia Salad
Homemade Caramel Apples
Italian Walnut Pillow Cookies (these were one of my Grandma’s Thanksgiving traditions)
Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Pumpkin Seed Brittle with Vanilla Bean and Cardamom
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple-Cream Cheese Filling
Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
Skillet Apple Crisp
Sweet Potato Pie
Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes

What are your favorite Thanksgiving dishes? Any recipe requests?

22 Responses to “70 Thanksgiving Recipes”

1. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious on November 5, 2012 at 2:21 am

Thanks for the awesome round-up! It’ll come in handy when I start planning my menu!

2. Conna on November 5, 2012 at 2:58 am

Oh … what should I choose from all these ?
    So nice ideas !
    Off to check them.

Kisses from Greece

3. LJ Dubois on November 5, 2012 at 4:12 am

As always, some wonderful recipe ideas

4. abigail on November 5, 2012 at 5:31 am

my favorite thanksgiving recipe is a paula deen recipe. its is an apple bundt cake that has three cups of apples, a cup of pecans and a cup of coconut! the thing that makes this cake really special is the buttermilk sauce you make at the end and pour over the cake. after you pour the sauce over the cake while it is still in the pan, you let it sit for an hour and then flip it out and let it cool. i have never had an more amazing fall cake in my life. i would love for you to use this recipe on your blog this fall. it is called grandgirls fresh apple cake from georgia.

5. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on November 5, 2012 at 7:32 am

I love the picture! I remember it from last year and it makes me laugh!!! All the recipes sound wonderful! Can you believe Thanksgiving already! Geez, where does time go?

6. Jen @ Savory Simple on November 5, 2012 at 8:22 am

That photo is hilarious! Great roundup.

7. Lori on November 5, 2012 at 9:08 am

I made your cranberry sauce last year. It was a big hit! A nice alternative to the jarred. Another new recipe for me was the Coconut Cream Pie from Cooks Illustrated. That pie along with the traditional pumpkin will make appearance again this year. My mother who doesn’t really like coconut enjoyed it immensly. Thanks for all these other great recipes all in one place. Love the new blog site. I have taken advantage of the Recipe box feature already .

8. Judith on November 5, 2012 at 9:44 am

Would like to have the two pilgrims in your picture at my house for Thanksgiving.

9. Correna on November 5, 2012 at 10:07 am

I have been thinking all weekend about what to do this year for Thanksgiving and where to start on planning. I am so glad you did this post, it is a great start and got me already planning. I needed the nudge I guess, thanks again. Have a great day!

10. jamie on November 5, 2012 at 10:31 am

thanksgiving is next week, girl. not in two weeks. next thursday. get it right.

• Michelle on November 5th, 2012 at 11:51 am

Jamie, Thanksgiving in the United States is on Thursday, November 22nd this year, which is two weeks from this coming Thursday.

11. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on November 5, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I want to try those Walnut Pillow Cookies!

12. Katie @ Blonde Ambition on November 5, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I don’t know how I’ll choose what to bring this year! Soo many delicious sounding choices :)

13. Sharon on November 5, 2012 at 4:03 pm

You asked if we would like to see a recipe. Years ago I had a recipe for a yeast batter bread that you could simply pour into a 13×9 baking dish and cook after rising for only 30 minutes. The result was an excellent yeast roll that was cut in the pan. It was a real time and space saver. Do you know of anything like that? Thanks, I really enjoy your blog.

• Michelle on November 6th, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Hi Sharon, I have not heard of this type of recipe, but I’m going to do some searching! Thanks for the request!

14. Jennifer on November 5, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Would you be willing to try Duchess Potatoes? It is wonderful for portion control and are quite elegant when you use a star tip. Can even “decorate” the outside in red and green vegetables (small dice), like bell peppers for a more holiday feel.

• Michelle on November 6th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Hi Jennifer, I’ll add them to my list!

15. Lorna DeSantis on November 5, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Thank you for this wonderful collection. I have been looking for a recipe for pumpkin soup that is a sweet soup, no savory ingredients. I may start with your pumpkin/apple soup recipe and leave out the sage/thyme. I may try substituting apple cider for the broth. I am trying to imitate a creation from a diner in PIttsford, NY. They serve the most amazing soup in the fall. Pumpkin, apples, cinnamon. Would love to to able to make it at home.

16. Laura Dembowski on November 5, 2012 at 9:24 pm

So many great recipes! Hopefully wonter will leave as quickly as Thanksgiving came.

17. Hp Ce285A on November 6, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I love the pic of the dogs… classic!!

18. Swee San @ The Sweet Spot on November 6, 2012 at 11:00 pm

love the dog photo!!

19. Hayley on November 14, 2012 at 12:31 pm

You just made my life a whole lot easier (and more delicious); you’re awesome!