Friday Things

Mango!

1. After making mango-pineapple salsa last weekend, I couldn’t get enough of mangoes for breakfast this week. Bring on the warm-weather food!

2. I’m trying to do some spring cleaning, including all things digital, which means my Pinterest boards are begging to be updated. Tell me – what are some of your favorite types of boards to follow?

3. In the spirit of cleaning, let’s talk closets. I can be somewhat fashion-challenged so lists like this one, 50 For A Fashionista, are a huge help in guiding me to “staple” wardrobe pieces should be taking up space in my closet.

4. Moving right along with my current organizing theme – I love these easy jewelry organizing ideas using inexpensive items from Target. My jewelry is a disaster right now; I could totally use these tips!

5. Although it’s been rumored for awhile, it was announced yesterday that Google Reader will officially be shutting down on July 1st. I’ll be researching some different options for RSS feeds before then. In the meantime, if there is an alternative feed-reading service that you like, feel free to recommend it in the comments below!

6. So true, I need to remember this…

einstein-quote

7. You may be shocked to hear this, but I just ate Chipotle for the first time last weekend! There has never been one in my vicinity, and I was finally able to hit one up on Sunday. I had a massive carnitas burrito (which had to be split into two meals), along with the chips and medium salsa. LOVED it! I can’t believe what I’ve been missing all this time!

8. Einstein had a check-up at the vet this week and it always amazes me how much he actually loves going to the vet. The dogs we had growing up absolutely despised it, but Einstein loves hanging out with the staff there and he always schmoozes some extra treats! Every single time, he walks in and stands up at the counter, like, “Hello! I’m here for my appointment!” This picture is from a couple of years ago, but he does the same thing every.single.time.

einstein-vet

9. I’m closing in on my last few hockey sessions for the spring; I’ve loved learning the game and playing each week! While there are some summer leagues that I thought about joining, I may take a couple of months off since I’m planning on learning a new sport – golf!

10. TGIF! Have a fun and safe St. Patrick’s Day weekend!

st-patricks-day-dog

Photo Source: Ke Cute

42 Responses to “Friday Things”

1. Kandis R. on March 15, 2013 at 1:07 am

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Four alternatives to Google Reader

2. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on March 15, 2013 at 1:08 am

Hahahah I LOVE this picture of your dog!! I’m laughing out loud. He’s like a person standing there at the counter.
    Also, I’m compleeeetely obsessed with Chipotle. I bet you will be addicted now :)

3. GB on March 15, 2013 at 2:08 am
  4. Annie on March 15, 2013 at 3:53 am

hahahaha yep I agree with above, your dog is like a person walking up to check in himself :D

5. Ellen on March 15, 2013 at 3:54 am

Happy St. Patty’s! Believe it or not I’ve never eaten Chipotle. Then again I don’t eat out hardly at all and if I do I save for going to places I can go all out at though…

• Dee on March 15th, 2013 at 4:36 am

Chipotle food is so fresh-tasting. We always order the veggie bowl (instead of the burrito which I think is hard to manage) with brown rice and black beans, fajita veggies, tomato salsa, pickled corn, cheese, sour cream, lettuce and avacados. You will love it!

6. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppersj on March 15, 2013 at 6:48 am

Einstein is hilarious! I love it!!!

Chipotle for the first time, oh my gosh, I just love it!!!!

Have a fun St. Patty’s Day weekend!

7. Dana on March 15, 2013 at 7:33 am

I love the photo of Einstien, too. So funny. Our Ruby would do the same thing if she was taller. :)
    We don’t have a Chipotle near us (boonies, anyone?), but I do like to stop there whenever we’re in a city that has one. Even my picky 9-year-old loves them!
    Hope you have a great weekend.

8. Jodi Pavlik on March 15, 2013 at 7:49 am

I am very curious about the alternative to Google Reader!! Keep us posted! I love the pic of Einstein at the vet…CLASSIC!!

9. Kim Q on March 15, 2013 at 8:04 am

I just signed up with netvibes. The jury is still out though as to how much I will like it. Google Reader’s simplicity is what I love most about it.

10. Mary Ann on March 15, 2013 at 8:39 am

Einstein cracks me up… and I sure hope the dog in the last picture didn’t have to walk far!

11. Mark S. on March 15, 2013 at 9:08 am
  12. Rachael P on March 15, 2013 at 9:39 am

I’ve probably posted this before but I am completely in love with Einstein!

13. Little Kitchie on March 15, 2013 at 10:00 am

Can’t believe you just tried Chipotle! Glad you loved it – welcome to the club!! :)

14. Kathy on March 15, 2013 at 10:12 am

I wish my golden was as excited as yours to go to the vet. He comes to a stand-still when we get to the door and will not budge. It’s hard to get a 100 pound dog to move when he doesn’t want to!

15. Danielle on March 15, 2013 at 10:24 am

I love to follow craft boards, fitness boards, and recipes on Pinterest – love all the new ideas out there!
    And if you find something good to replace Google Reader, I hope you’ll share! I love Reader for checking in on my favorite blogs (like yours) and will be sad to see it go :( I loved being able to read my blogs from any computer anywhere.

16. Marcie @ Flavor The Moments on March 15, 2013 at 10:24 am

I can’t wait to start eating mangos again. There aren’t any good ones in my neck of the woods yet. Einstein looks so adorable at the vet! That’s so cute that he likes to go! Chipotle is really good. My favorite is the burrito bowl!

17. Karis on March 15, 2013 at 10:26 am

Since the announcement I’ve checked out Netvibes, Feedly and NewsBlur. I like Newsblur best, however it does cost $12/year and right now it’s incredibly slow, which I’ve heard is due to the crazy increase in traffic, so I’m hopeful that the speed will improve.

18. Kim on March 15, 2013 at 10:26 am

Oh, Einstein…I am officially in love!! You are too cute for words :)

19. Karen on March 15, 2013 at 10:45 am

my goldens have done the same thing! Einstein and my current, Lucy, could be brother and sister – same coloring and snow nose! I used to be embarrassed when Lucy would stand at the counter as I always thought the vet’s assistants assumed she was doing the same at home… :-)

20. Always Wright on March 15, 2013 at 10:48 am

Our dog, Buddy, does the same thing at the vet’s front counter! He loves to go there and especially loves the treats. Cute pic of Einstein!

21. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel on March 15, 2013 at 10:53 am

Love that picture of Einstein – absolutely adorable and so unusual for him to enjoy going to the vets office.

22. Abigail on March 15, 2013 at 11:03 am

I use Bloglovin to follow blogs. It even gives you an option to import all your blogs from Google Reader. Oh and Taylor from Pink Heels Pink Truck did a tutorial on how to switch over if you’re interested. :) I just love seeing Einstein on here! He’s definitely got a one-of-a-kind personality. Oh and thank you for the 50 for a Fashionista and easy jewelry organizing ideas!! I’m definitely going to try and clean up my jewelry.

23. Ashley on March 15, 2013 at 11:11 am

haha I love that Einstein does that at the vet! Our dog does something similar but only because she’s looking for the jar of treats they keep on the counter : ) She loves to charm the ladies there as well to get a few extras

24. RavieNomNoms on March 15, 2013 at 11:12 am

Haha what a sweetheart your dog is! That is just too cute!

25. Gretchen on March 15, 2013 at 11:26 am

I am using Feedly. It was very easy to set up and they pull your feeds right from reader. Once Google reader ends your feeds will have been migrated to them. I like the interface and the ease of getting it set up.

26. Betsy Harner on March 15, 2013 at 12:57 pm

My Golden, Derby-also loves the vet. The floor? Are you kidding me? He sits in the chair to await his appointment…….love it!

27. Sarah on March 15, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Michelle, it’s great to hear that you will be starting golf! My sister, dad, and I play almost everyday together. It is a great game, you will love it!

28. Marcia on March 15, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Einstein is adorable and I love when you post pictures of him! My Griffey (also a golden) used to do this at my (pet friendly) bank! My daughter is addicted to Chipotle, we eat there often. Thanks to everyone for the information on replacing Google Reader. I didn’t know what I was going to do about that!

29. Molly_Bakelette on March 15, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Einstein kind of looks like he is doing the walk like an egyptian dance! Haha too cute! My golden does that, but at my kitchen counters, ugh! She’s a little food bandit!

30. Francesca on March 15, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Bloglovin is a good alternative to the Google reader.

31. Christine on March 15, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I’m a netvibes user.

32. Holiday Baker Man on March 15, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Laughing over the doggie pictures!

33. natalie @ wee eats on March 15, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I’m super fashion-retarded too, so I will definitely be checking out that “50 for a fashionista” link.

I love how into “Spring Cleaning” you are, I’ve been working a lot of overtime and so my house basically looks like a bomb went off in it and all I can think about in my down time is how the heck I am going to find time to organize everything. I think, at this point, it might just be easier to throw everything away lol!

And REALLY??? FIRST TIME AT CHIPOTLE!? I like all their stuff but I find that the taste/spiciness can vary from day to day. I generally stick with the chicken because it’s the most consistently delicious item on the menu. I *LOVE* their corn salsa. And their salad dressing, too. Pretty much amazing.

34. Lauren | Perpetually Chic on March 15, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Thanks so much for the link love!

35. Martha in KS on March 15, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Thanks for #10. Still laughing! Happy St. Pat’s to you & CC!

36. Emily on March 15, 2013 at 8:18 pm

You must try the salad at chipotle…it is the best! Maybe you can provide us with a copycat recipe for the dressing.

Will you explain more about the google reader thing? I use feedler on my phone/iPad but I think everything of mine is set up under google. Will there be an easy way to transfer all the sites or do I need to be writing down the blogs I follow?

Thanks!!

• Michelle on March 21st, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Thanks for the Chipotle recommendation!

I am unfamiliar with feedler, but if it pulls from Google you might want to check out if you can do a full migration. From what I’ve read, Feedly and Bloglovin seem to be the frontrunners to replace Google Reader.

37. Rachel on March 16, 2013 at 8:20 am

Michael Hyatt just did a party on his blog about changing over from reader to feedly. seems like a pretty good choice. he had a link to another feedly article explaining how to seamlessly transition.

38. Sheli on March 16, 2013 at 11:31 am

I always look forward to your ‘Einstein updates’! He’s almost as adorable as my mini wirehaired dachsund Molly Rose. Only when she goes to the vet, she has to carried in and shakes like she’s having a (seismic) 10 earthquake. Obviously, Einstein needs to clue her in on the secret to easy vet visits.

39. Linda Warren on March 16, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Hey there! I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog for more information! http://www.shecooks-hecooks.com/2013/03/16/liebster-award-nomination/

40. Laura Dembowski on March 16, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I’ll take the warm weather food. Of course I want some actual warm weather more than anything else. I’ve never had Chipotle either. I’ll have to try it one day.