Friday Things

Springtime!

1. Springtime is so pretty. I love that I live in a city that gets to celebrate all four seasons of the year.

2. Does anyone use Sulia? I’ve been poking around on it, but I’m not sure I get it yet. It seems like a cross between Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Is anyone using it in addition to these other social channels?

3. Thanks to everyone who recommended The Americans when I needed a new show to watch a few months ago. My Chief Culinary Consultant and I were immediately addicted, although I’m bummed because the season is over already. How insanely good was that season finale?! I can’t wait for the next season!

4. Speaking of TV shows, we’ve also been enjoying the current season of Game of Thrones. You know that a TV show might be a little too in your head when you hear a crow outside and immediately have a crippling sense of doom.

5. After not seeing a movie in theaters since the trifecta of Skyfall, Lincoln and Argo all within a week back in the fall, I cannot wait to see some of the good movies that are coming out this month. On my list: Ironman 3, the new Star Trek, and The Great Gatsby. I fell in love with The Great Gatsby (both the book and movie) in high school, so I’m excited to see the remake.

6. Jenny shared this on Instagram earlier this week, and I’m totally guilty of doing the same thing!

Pinterest Fail... Guilty

7. The Stanley Cup playoffs are taking years off of my life. I just hope the Penguins can win their series tomorrow and I that I’ll be able to take some deep breaths for a few days!

8. My mom just introduced me to a new game app, made by the same folks that created Ruzzle (which I got addicted to a few months ago). QuizCross is a little bit trivia, and a little bit tic-tac-toe. If you have the app and want to play, my username is “browneyedbak”.

9. We are now less than two weeks away from closing on our house! We are so excited to get in and settled, but we know there is a lot of organization and many projects in our future ;-)

10. TGIF! Smile!

Image Source: W3SPINE.COM

Image Source: W3SPINE.COM

21 Responses to “Friday Things”

1. LisaR @ Who Stole My Baby? on May 10, 2013 at 12:17 am

Look at that pretty tree. I’m going to take it and show it to all the trees around here. Then maybe they’ll feel bad for being so lazy, and get some leaves of their own.

2. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl on May 10, 2013 at 12:48 am

Hello, my name is Pamela and I am obsessed with Game of Thrones. Sunday night is the greatest night of the week to me. Immediately after it’s the worst because I have to wait another week until the next episode. I’m absolutely in love. I’m currently reading the books as well, I’m on Book 3. I love it. LOVE. A few days ago I referred to the world we live in as “realm”.

3. Averie @ Averie Cooks on May 10, 2013 at 4:41 am

Those TEETH!!! in the last pic. That just made me grin, ear to ear :)

4. Tracey on May 10, 2013 at 8:04 am

I was on the edge of my seat for the entire episode of The Americans finale – loved it! Congrats on the win last night, hoping we can do the same tonight and close things out :)

5. Barb Smarsh on May 10, 2013 at 8:32 am

I look forward to your “Friday Things” all week as much as your daily recipes. The way you express your humor and whit in your writing is awesome and cheers me up (of course it could also be because tomorrow is Saturday, but that’s beside the point!). Cudos to you for such a great blog. I’ve recommended it to a countless number of friends. Go Pens!!!

6. KW on May 10, 2013 at 8:40 am

Hello – I’m from the Burgh and follow your blog. Thanks so much for the great recipes! It’s the only place I was able to find a ho-ho cake recipe, I wonder if that’s a Pittsburgh thing? I’m curious what part of the city you are from and are moving to. Oh, and of course GO PENS!!! :)

• Michelle on May 10th, 2013 at 10:36 am

Hi KW, I’m not sure if Ho-Ho Cake is a Pittsburgh thing, but it sure is good! I grew up in the north suburbs, and am staying in that area, just going a little further north. Let’s Go Pens!

7. Tieghan on May 10, 2013 at 8:42 am

Haha! That last pic just me me laugh!! Simile big!!

I am so jealous of your spring weather and all you flowers!! Here in the mountains of CO it is still snow and there is NO color at all!! Love seeing you pics of the flowers!

8. Steve Carty on May 10, 2013 at 9:04 am

Don’t forget the new Superman movie “Man of Steel” this June with Russel Crowe and Kevin Costner in it, that should be really good.

9. Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat on May 10, 2013 at 9:10 am

I love springtime too! It’s such a beautiful time of year! My husband and I are going to see the new Star Trek movie next week! I also can’t wait to see the new Great Gatsby…I think it’s going to be awesome!

10. Christy@SweetandSavoring on May 10, 2013 at 10:29 am

Nice list and Happy Friday! I’m pretty sure it’s impossible not to smile at that last picture :)

I’ve never even heard of Sulia, but I’m not sure I want to get *another* social media account- it’s hard enough to keep up as it is!

‘Eeep- good luck with all of your organizing!

11. Marcie @ flavor the moments on May 10, 2013 at 11:18 am

I’m loving Game of Thrones right now, but there are so many characters I get them all mixed up. Maybe it’s just me? Planning to see iron man 3 this weekend – really looking forward to it!

12. mommabean on May 10, 2013 at 11:18 am

I love Game of Thrones! Have you ever read Happy Place’s “If Game Of Thrones took place entirely on Facebook”? They do one for each episode (the following Tuesday) and they are hilarious! You must check it out!

• Michelle on May 10th, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I haven’t seen that, I’ll have to check it out, thanks!

13. barbara on May 10, 2013 at 11:38 am

LOVE THE TREE AND I REALLY LOVE THE GRIN ON THE GOAT OR LITTLE HORSE –CAN’T TELL SINCE HE HAS HIS EARS BACK ALSO

14. Susan on May 10, 2013 at 3:05 pm

So glad someone else I “know” watches The Americans. I comment on it as often as I can to people and feel like, finely, it’s getting the accolades it deserves. You and Tieghan should check out Television Without Pity and Survivor Sucks to check out their messages boards when you get lonesome for it! I also love your tree as we in CO wait a long time for the blooms.

• Susan on May 10th, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Oops. I meant you and Tracy, not Tieghan.

15. Cynthia. Brooks on May 10, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Rookie Blue is a great tv show, and the new season starts May 23rd,

16. Vicki @ WITK on May 10, 2013 at 7:31 pm

I decided to start watching The Americans after seeing Keri Russell in Brooklyn one weekend. :) Such a great show! And I also want to see all those movies, they look amazing.

17. Laura Dembowski on May 13, 2013 at 8:44 am

I love spring too, I just wish it was like this all year. Yes to The Americans. I’m already thinking about new episodes. If you’re looking for a new show, my mom and I both love Rookie Blue and it’s coming back in a couple weeks. I bet you can catch up online or Netflix.

18. Debbie on May 13, 2013 at 10:17 pm

I confess–I have a Ruzzle addiction! I love that game! My username is UNCgal88 & I just invited you to play. I tried QuizCross a few weeks ago but wasn’t too crazy about it. Maybe I will give it a second chance.