20 Pumpkin Recipes

20 Favorite Pumpkin Recipes by @browneyedbaker :: www.browneyedbaker.com

It feels like just yesterday that I was basking in the warmth of longer days, planting some mint and slipping my feet into flip-flips. Yet somehow, we’ve ended up on October’s doorstep. The days are getting shorter, the air is getting cooler and my feet are more than ready for the warmest pair of boots I can find. While saying goodbye to summer is never easy, I love looking forward to all of the warm, comforting flavors that fall brings, and at the top of my list is pumpkin. The reasons are many, but chief among them is that pumpkin pairs so well with spices and cream cheese frosting (yum and double-yum). Below are some of my all-time favorite pumpkin recipes, perfect for getting you started in the kitchen this October!

1. Crunchy Good-For-You Granola Bars

Pumpkin Roll

17. Pumpkin Scones with Spiced Glaze

18. Pumpkin Seed Brittle with Vanilla Bean and Cardamom

Pumpkin Seed Brittle with Vanilla Bean and Cardamom

19. Pumpkin Soup with Apple & Spices

20. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe? Share it in the comments below!

24 Responses to “20 Pumpkin Recipes”

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks on September 30, 2013 at 2:14 am

Pinned to my pumpkin board! They all look great and I’d like one of each! :)

2. Nadia on September 30, 2013 at 3:08 am

My fave has got to be the pumpkin pie bars, but they all look delicious. Can’t wait to try some more of these!

3. Ellen on September 30, 2013 at 3:54 am

I’d be hard-pressed to pick a favorite , but the pumpkin black and white cookies I made from Joy the Baker’s cookbook rank high!

4. Pieliekamais on September 30, 2013 at 4:35 am

Marinated pumpkin! (in a sweet marinade, with cinnamon and cloves). We ate it at every big family gathering at my Great Grandmas house. It’s an awesome side dish with meats, potato salad, etc. It’s a Latvian thing :).

5. Belinda @themoonblushbaker on September 30, 2013 at 5:09 am

I can not go past a good pumpkin soup. I might be old fashioned, but nothing beats the classics!

6. Debbie on September 30, 2013 at 7:53 am

My favorites would be pumpkin cheesecake and donut muffins. This page is my motivation to get the biggest pumpkin I can find this year.

7. Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers on September 30, 2013 at 8:00 am

I just love pumpkin! All of your recipes look amazing!!! Now I am craving pumpkin!!

8. miki on September 30, 2013 at 9:25 am

i just made your pumpkin scones and they were awesome!!!

9. Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl on September 30, 2013 at 11:15 am

Loving all these pumpkin recipes! I just can’t get enough! Thanks for putting this list together! :)

10. Annie @ Annie's City Kitchen on September 30, 2013 at 11:35 am

Whoa, loving that pumpkin seed brittle! A twist on what most pumpkin desserts are.

11. Natalie Montwill on September 30, 2013 at 11:48 am

This is just what I needed! My dad wrongfully bought pumpkin pie mix instead of pumpkin puree, and I have no idea what do with it (it’s way too sweet for my liking). This page came just at the right time :) Now I’ll be able to put that can into good use AND make something delicious!

nataliemint.com

12. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet on September 30, 2013 at 11:49 am

This is such a great pumpkin round up!

13. MissG on September 30, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Not a big pumpkin fan *gasp*, you think could I use yams in the same quantities instead?

• Michelle on October 3rd, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure. I’ve never tried yams in place of pumpkin in any recipe, so I can’t say with certainty how it would work.

14. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on September 30, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Holy pumpkin!! I want to try the whoopie pies!

15. Laura Dembowski on September 30, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Love pumpkin recipes! All of these have me wondering what to make first :)

16. Denise @ Daisy Belle Bakery on September 30, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Love pumpkin soup! Ate it for the first time on my honeymoon cruise many years ago and it was love at first taste!! I make soft pumpkin cookies that are a favorite, too. I’m definitely going to try the pumpkin whoopee pies. They look delicious!

17. Heather Saffer on September 30, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Who knew you could do so much with pumpkin?? I wonder what our great great grandparents would say…

18. Better With Sugar on September 30, 2013 at 4:51 pm

These all look fantastic! My favourite pumpkin recipe is a toss up between the Pumpkin Glaze cookies on Allrecipes.com and BEB’s Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Soooo good! I always get compliments on those when I make them, and I could just eat a bowl of the Cream Cheese Frosting with a spoon! I may have, don’t judge ;) … I can’t wait to try the Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple Cream Cheese Filling.. Mmmmm

19. SusieQ on October 1, 2013 at 7:57 am

My favorite pumpkin recipe is pumpkin bread. I live in Florida, so anything to make it seem like fall here. I love the aroma of the bread as it bakes.

20. Wassili on October 1, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I like it !

21. NancyS on October 6, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I made the pumpkin whoopee for a tailgate this weekend at my son’s college. They were fantastic – there’s nothing like a bunch of appreciative college kids – and he loved the extra box I left with him!

22. Missy Marshall on October 7, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I love and have made pumpkin rolls for years. Just made these amazing whoppie pies this weekend and they are fantastic. My only problem is that once refridgerated they get “mushy and sticky” at on the outside. What am I doing wrong?

23. Ellen Parlee on October 30, 2013 at 4:20 pm

If you love to bake- this is such a great time of year! There are so many great apple and pumpkin recipes to try, and you can pair it with a trip to a local farm to pick your own!