Tasty bars that are perfect for fall
For the Cake:
- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 2teaspoonsground cinnamon
- 2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 15ouncescanned pumpkin
- 1 2/3cupsgranulated sugar
- 1cupcanola oil
For the Frosting:
- 8ouncescream cheese(at room temperature)
- ½cupbutter, at room temperature((4 ounces))
- 3cupspowdered sugar
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs until smooth and thoroughly combined. Pour the flour mixture over the pumpkin mixture and whisk or stir gently until incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, smoothing out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, mix together the butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy (you can do this by hand if they are both nice and soft, otherwise use a hand or stand mixer on medium speed). Add the powdered sugar, a cup at a time, and mix until completely combined and smooth. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cooled cake. Cut into squares and serve. Store leftovers covered, at room temperature or in the refrigerator.