A Big, Big, BIG Announcement!!

Einstein and Duke have some very exciting news to share…

We're having a baby!

The BEB family is expanding, and no, we are not getting another dog ;-)

WE’RE HAVING A BABY!!!

I am 14 weeks today and little (two-legged) baby brother or sister is due to arrive around January 12, 2015. We are SO excited and I’ve been dying to tell you all!

No crazy cravings yet, and only one specific food aversion. You may have noticed a drop off in recipes containing, of all things… chocolate. Ugh! I can do a little chocolate if it’s in something else, like a chocolate swirl in ice cream, or a peanut butter cup (!), but forget about things like chocolate ice cream, cake or brownies. I haven’t wanted it at all, and when I do eat just a little bit, I feel sick. What a bummer, I hope this passes!

Aside from some nausea during weeks 6-10, the only other really negative symptom I’ve had is some mind-numbing exhaustion. Holy crap, some days I was almost in tears just because I was SO TIRED. I’ve never been much of a napper (well, since college, anyway!), but napping has become an almost daily occurrence for me. Some days I know I need to go lay down and sleep for awhile, and others I just randomly pass out on the couch.

On a positive note, I finally have the beginnings of a bump! I was so excited to start seeing a belly show up :)

(Apologies for the dog hair all over my shirt – the pups are shedding like crazy right now and I was hugging them before we took this picture.)

13-week baby bump

I’ll certainly be keeping you updated as things move along, and am so excited to finally share this news with you! ❤️

493 Responses to “A Big, Big, BIG Announcement!!”

Comment Pages 1 2 3 4 5 10
  1. Tina B on July 14, 2014 at 7:56 am

Congratulations!! I am happy for you both – very exciting news!

2. Nela on July 14, 2014 at 7:57 am

I knew something was up when I saw the title of this post! ;) Haha, congratulations!

3. Dorothy on July 14, 2014 at 7:58 am

Congratulations! I know you are thrilled. I am currently 21 weeks with our first baby, a sweet little girl. Pregnancy is such an exciting time — enjoy every minute!

4. Liz on July 14, 2014 at 8:00 am

Congratulations!!!

5. kaytlen on July 14, 2014 at 8:00 am

So happy for you both. Hope the pregnancy and birth goes smoothly. Keep us (your followers) posted on developments!

6. rebecca lookingbill on July 14, 2014 at 8:03 am

Congrats to you and your family!!! Cant wait to hear about your progress and then the sweet pictures once baby is here :) Such great news for my Monday!

7. Sylvia on July 14, 2014 at 8:04 am

What wonderful news! I am sure your baby will eat well, and you will share some of your marvelous recipes for ‘homemade baby food’ in the process … :-) And Einstein and Duke will so enjoy their new baby brother or sister. Looking forward to lots of cute photos! Congratuations to you and your husband!

8. Amanda on July 14, 2014 at 8:04 am

Yay! Congratulations! I’m currently 24 weeks pregnant and for the first few months I also had an aversion to chocolate – it tasted like chalk! Luckily that has passed and things are back to normal. Best of luck to you over the next few months – here’s hoping you remain mostly symptom free :)

9. Dawn McPherson on July 14, 2014 at 8:05 am

Sooooooooo excited for you and your family! Congratulations! All my favorite food
    blog peeps are preggers…. yippie. Cant wait to follow your journey.

much love
    D

10. Lauren on July 14, 2014 at 8:06 am

Yay!! Congratulations! I’m pregnant too (About 23 weeks) so I always get excited hearing/reading about others who are heading down the same path. My energy came back around week 16 and it happened within a day. One day I needed lots of naps, the next day I woke up and felt ready to take on anything. So excited for you and I look forward to hearing how the rest of your pregnancy (and beyond) goes.

11. Carolette on July 14, 2014 at 8:08 am

Congratulations!

12. Jrzygrl34 on July 14, 2014 at 8:08 am

Congratulations on your wonderful baby news! I love reading your blog for the great recipes and to see what your Einstein & Duke are up to.

13. nancy k on July 14, 2014 at 8:09 am

A sincere congratulations to you, your husband and the two big bros! Such exciting news.You will have such fun getting all things baby ready for the little one. I am wondering if you plan to find out the sex or if you are going for the big surprise? Also, I am thinking something must be in the water in Pittsburg these days. Jessica @ How Sweet Eats made a baby announcment last week as well.
    Take good are, rest as you need to and enjoy every new, exciting day. Oh, and I have to ask…how did you ever manage to get those t-shirts on not one but two big dogs???

• Michelle on July 14th, 2014 at 8:55 am

Hi Nancy, Thank you! We’re still undecided about whether we’re going to find out the sex. We won’t be able to until the 20-week ultrasound, so we have a little time to decide. Haha, yes, definitely something in the Pittsburgh water! Einstein is so totally agreeable to everything, he just stood there while I put the shirt on him. Duke was a little bit more of a challenge, but thankfully they both sit still for treats :)

• nancy k on July 14th, 2014 at 11:34 am

Hi Michelle,
        Thanks for the reply. I really do have a visual in my head about the t-shirt “procedure”. It must have been a hoot. I vote( not that you are asking,lol) for the big surprise. I have friends who learned the sex as soon as they could and others who chose to wait. The friends who waited have said that there is no other surprise in life that is quite as amazing, joyous and special. If you do chose to know early on, make the reveal special too…maybe have the ultrasound tech write it down, seal it up and you and your husband can plan a special reveal just for the two of you alone. Again, congratualtions. I feel like I know you and I am so happy to hear this wonderful news.

• Lynne on July 14th, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Just a comment on this because so many people talk about the “surprise” element of finding out the sex at the end – but it’s a surprise no matter when you find out, it’s really about when and the circumstances you are in when you get that surprise. Personally, I wasn’t a fan of finding out with my legs up in stirrups :-) The other thing I’ll say (and then shut up about it), is that the mothers I know who waited said that they were a little too surprised, as in they expected one sex and got another, and it took them awhile to adjust to it in their heads and hearts. One of them, my sister, said she didn’t even realize that she had expected a boy until her daughter was born, and then she was like, “really, you’re sure it’s a girl?”

14. Vicki on July 14, 2014 at 8:11 am

Congratulations! What wonderful news! You should nap at every opportunity–you’re growing a baby!

15. Marilyn on July 14, 2014 at 8:13 am

Congratulations!

16. Beth B on July 14, 2014 at 8:16 am

Congratulations! A new and wonderful adventure to embark on!

17. Maria S. on July 14, 2014 at 8:16 am

Congratulations!

18. Kristin on July 14, 2014 at 8:19 am

Congratulations! Your child will never want for delicious food in your house! Now…if you can only get him/her to try it. ;)
    I love reading your blog and trying your recipes. I look forward to seeing your progress through the pregnancy!

19. Linda Hensens on July 14, 2014 at 8:21 am

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

20. Amy on July 14, 2014 at 8:21 am

Congratulations…what wonderful and exciting news!

21. Celeste on July 14, 2014 at 8:22 am

Congratulations!!!!!

22. JaneM on July 14, 2014 at 8:23 am

Absolutely Fantastic! And the first time you feel the little peanut stirring, you will fall in love.

23. Barbara on July 14, 2014 at 8:27 am

Congratulations! LOVE Einstein and Duke’s announcement shirts! They will be great big brothers to your little 2-legged guy or gal! :-) For the sake of ALL of us I pray the chocolate aversion passes quickly! :-)

24. Linda on July 14, 2014 at 8:28 am

I am so excited for you! Being a momma is a wonderful thing! Will be praying for you through your pregnancy. It is one of the best things that can happen to any woman.

25. mary on July 14, 2014 at 8:28 am

Wonderful News!!!! Congratulations!

26. Allie on July 14, 2014 at 8:29 am

Congrats! What a great day to be due ;)

27. Pam on July 14, 2014 at 8:35 am

Congratulations!! That’s so exciting!! The puppies will be great buddies for the baby.

28. Judy Puentes on July 14, 2014 at 8:35 am

Congratulations! Happy pregnancy! Such an exciting and wonderful time. Stay well.

29. Emily @ Life on Food on July 14, 2014 at 8:35 am

Congratulations!! This is exciting!!

30. Louise Mourgues on July 14, 2014 at 8:37 am

Congratulations!!!! Thanks very much for keeping the recipes coming through the first trimester, I wasn’t so productive in that first stage of pregnancy.

All the best for this very happy time!

31. Gina on July 14, 2014 at 8:38 am

Such exciting news! Congratulations :-)

32. Laura Dembowski on July 14, 2014 at 8:40 am

Huge congratulations, Michelle! I’m so happy for you. January 12th is my dad’s birthday, so that’s a good day :)

33. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel on July 14, 2014 at 8:41 am

Congrats!!! Such exciting news :)

34. Jackie on July 14, 2014 at 8:43 am

That is so exciting!! My fiancee and I are expecting as well and I am due on the 15th of January! Going to be a lot of great holiday treats for us coming up!

35. Diane P. on July 14, 2014 at 8:44 am

Congratulations! I have enjoyed reading your blog and will enjoy reading all about your pregnancy and baby. Such an exciting time in your lives!

36. mickey on July 14, 2014 at 8:45 am

cogratulations!!!

37. Jane on July 14, 2014 at 8:47 am

Congratulations!! You will find it is the best thing you ever “baked”! When my sister was pregnant with her son, she couldn’t listen to Jackson Brown (her favorite artist at the time) and I couldn’t read women’s magazines with food in them, with my first! And I love to cook!! (been cooking since I was 7) but looking at pictures of food made me plain old sick…LOL…Can’t WAIT to see your progress, and who pops out..!

38. Jeff on July 14, 2014 at 8:47 am

Congratulations! That is very exciting!

39. Elizabeth on July 14, 2014 at 8:48 am

Congratulations!

40. Maria on July 14, 2014 at 8:52 am

Ahhh!!! Congrats!!!

41. Melanee on July 14, 2014 at 8:54 am

Oh, I remember sending my husband for a chocolate milkshake – I needed it so bad…. But when he got home just the smell made me sick. He enjoyed the results of his errand ;-) I have five beautiful children with the youngest twin 13 yr olds. Keep a private journal of your thoughts and feelings (physical and emotional) — the whole process. It will not only bring you joy, but someday this little person will be so excited to see it, too! Naps are a have to now since you are making another person! Just make it part of your schedule. Your greatest job in the world is before you – congratulations! May you have health and strength!!!!

42. Daphne Minkus on July 14, 2014 at 8:55 am

CONGRATULATIONS! I was wondering when you and your consultant would be having a baby! Now you’ll have to post some baby food recipes!! :D

43. Carol Mirabella Finch on July 14, 2014 at 8:58 am

I’m so happy for you, your husband, your dogs, and the rest of your family. Remember to let your first ‘kids’ be a part of this great adventure (and what an adventure it will be!).

:-) :-) :-)

44. Courtney on July 14, 2014 at 8:58 am

So exciting and so incredibly happy for you! :)

45. Michael R. on July 14, 2014 at 8:59 am

Congratulations, Mama! :D

46. Julie on July 14, 2014 at 9:00 am

Aww- that’s awesome! Congrats! Kids are the most life-fulfilling wonders you can imagine! Looking forward to some kid- friendly recipes too!

47. Lisa on July 14, 2014 at 9:02 am

So exciting congrats!

48. Stephanie on July 14, 2014 at 9:05 am

Congrats!!!

49. Jessica on July 14, 2014 at 9:05 am

Congratulations!!!! Being a momma is the best!

50. Janie on July 14, 2014 at 9:05 am

So happy for you!!! Sleep. Nap. And enjoy your pregnancy.

Comment Pages 1 2 3 4 5 10