A Big, Big, BIG Announcement!!

Einstein and Duke have some very exciting news to share…

We're having a baby!

The BEB family is expanding, and no, we are not getting another dog ;-)

WE’RE HAVING A BABY!!!

I am 14 weeks today and little (two-legged) baby brother or sister is due to arrive around January 12, 2015. We are SO excited and I’ve been dying to tell you all!

No crazy cravings yet, and only one specific food aversion. You may have noticed a drop off in recipes containing, of all things… chocolate. Ugh! I can do a little chocolate if it’s in something else, like a chocolate swirl in ice cream, or a peanut butter cup (!), but forget about things like chocolate ice cream, cake or brownies. I haven’t wanted it at all, and when I do eat just a little bit, I feel sick. What a bummer, I hope this passes!

Aside from some nausea during weeks 6-10, the only other really negative symptom I’ve had is some mind-numbing exhaustion. Holy crap, some days I was almost in tears just because I was SO TIRED. I’ve never been much of a napper (well, since college, anyway!), but napping has become an almost daily occurrence for me. Some days I know I need to go lay down and sleep for awhile, and others I just randomly pass out on the couch.

On a positive note, I finally have the beginnings of a bump! I was so excited to start seeing a belly show up :)

(Apologies for the dog hair all over my shirt – the pups are shedding like crazy right now and I was hugging them before we took this picture.)

13-week baby bump

I’ll certainly be keeping you updated as things move along, and am so excited to finally share this news with you! ❤️

493 Responses to “A Big, Big, BIG Announcement!!”

Comment Pages 1 3 4 5
  1. Kate on July 14, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Congrats! I definitely thought it was another puppy at first!

2. Katie on July 14, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Looks like all my favorite blogs are having babies! Congrats to you! Howsweetitis is also preggers!

3. Caiti on July 14, 2014 at 11:37 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That’s going to be one happy kid with a mom as cool as you :) Sorry about the sudden aversion to chocolate, though! Its just an opportunity to try stuff that normally would be bumped down the recipe queue in favor of chocolate :) What a blessing for your family!

4. Rosemary on July 14, 2014 at 11:52 pm

Wow great news congratulations to you all wishing you a healthy pregnancy lots of love from australia.

5. Maureen on July 14, 2014 at 11:59 pm

Congratulations!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy:)

6. Shealyn on July 15, 2014 at 12:58 am

Congrats! To bad you couldn’t have detested vegetables instead! You won’t miss chocolate for too long.

7. Sarah @ SnixyKitchen on July 15, 2014 at 1:07 am

Wahoo! Cutest little baby bump ever:)

8. AC on July 15, 2014 at 1:30 am

Congratulations!! I’m so happy for you!

9. Debi on July 15, 2014 at 1:53 am

Congratulations……………that is wonderful news

10. Janet on July 15, 2014 at 1:53 am

What can I say that hasn’t already been said! Congratulations and I wish you a healthy pregnancy and a fast natural birth. You have the right dogs for the job too.

11. Food, Faith, and Other Fabulous Finds on July 15, 2014 at 2:09 am

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!! So excited for you and your husband.

12. Lynn on July 15, 2014 at 3:34 am

Long time lurker (I love your site!)…but I needed to say congratulations!!!! Best news ever! Please take care!

13. Antonia Gialamas on July 15, 2014 at 3:46 am

CONGRATULATIONS
    amazing , the most wonderful experience…enjoy it!

14. Cheryl Sanders on July 15, 2014 at 5:26 am

That is AWESOME! I’m so happy for you :) Congrats! My oldest daughter is having her first child in December and I’m sooooo excited to become a grandma!

15. Leslie on July 15, 2014 at 8:38 am

Congratulations!!!!

16. Angie on July 15, 2014 at 9:20 am

Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

17. Dorothy Stout on July 15, 2014 at 9:31 am

Congratulations! That’s wonderful news! I was a “chocolate” girl all my life but after I had both my sons something strange happened. Even though I still love the “thought” of chocolate- I find myself going for vanilla when it comes to ice cream and staying away from brownies….. because it actually makes me nauseous. Don’t freak out – I still eat SOME chocolate – but not the way I used to! haha

18. Noreen Thompson on July 15, 2014 at 9:36 am

Congratulations! I am very happy for you, and I hope your love of chocolate returns!

19. Mistie on July 15, 2014 at 10:59 am

Happy News!! Congratulations :)

20. Mallory on July 15, 2014 at 10:59 am

I’ve been reading your blog forever, but never have said hi! Congratulations!! I’m expecting my first baby next month. Take it easy, the first trimester was rough – I hated that tired feeling. For me, it all turned around by 20 weeks, and I started feeling like myself again. Enjoy and best of luck!

21. Lydia on July 15, 2014 at 11:12 am

congrats!!!

22. Michelle on July 15, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Congratulations! This is exciting news for BEB. Nobody ever really talks about the exhaustion like they do the morning sickness. That exhaustion is un.be.liev.able!!!! And it really does bring you to tears . . . But it’s all good in the end. Seeing the dog fur makes me happy . . . I keep a lint brush in just about every room of my house and in my car :D

23. Carolynne on July 15, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Congratulations! My husband and I are also expecting our first baby in November. It’s all very scary and exciting at the same time. We have ALSO decided to move in August before the baby comes, so I am trying hard to concentrate on the move right now. Once we are all settled in our new house, I can start buying things for the baby!! They need so much stuff :) Haha, good luck on this new adventure!!

24. Amanda on July 15, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Congrats!!

25. TD on July 15, 2014 at 12:57 pm

When you mentioned in another post about your vivid dreams and show characters in them, I KNEW that was the reason. Not sure if this post was before or after that, but I didn’t see the announcement until today. I had crazy vivid dreams during my second pregnancy.
    Congrats!!!

26. Lindsay on July 15, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Congratulations! This is very exciting news. Few things in this world ever seem to exceed my expectations, but I have to say motherhood is one that did. I hope it’s the same for you.

• Michelle on July 15th, 2014 at 4:33 pm

What an awesome sentiment, I love it :)

27. Constance on July 15, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Yep, baby-bump clearly visible.
    Big Bro shirts a must, of course!
    Take Good Care of You. So happy for all.

28. Lyn2847@yahoo.com on July 15, 2014 at 3:01 pm

So happy for you all! I will be watching things grow! Lol! I sure loved watching the dogs grow. They are such gorgeous animals!

29. Tesei on July 15, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Congratulations one thousand times!!! A baby is such a blessing, you cannot believe how much until you have your own in your arms. Your life is going to change so much, your whole perspective of everything will change, for better, you will see. I am so happy for you all, I wish you the best and for the next 9 months take very good care of yourself and of that little baby your nursing already!

30. Jill on July 15, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Congratulations! As soon as I saw the subject I thought “they’re having a baby!!”. so happy that is what it turned out to be. Amazing how happy you can be for someone you’ve never met but yet I feel like I know. I will eat your share of the chocolate until you feel like having it again. :-)

31. Rose on July 15, 2014 at 6:41 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!! I just had my first baby in June and during the first few months I also had a complete aversion to chocolate, even though I’m a total chocoholic. Thankfully, it passed, and by Christmas last year (when I was around 4 months pregnant) I was eating lots of chocolate again. Hope your taste for it comes back too. :-)

32. Christine M on July 15, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Congrats!!! I’m 12 weeks along and can’t wait to share my news in two weeks.

33. Lola on July 15, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I hardly know you but I am so thrilled for you!

34. Lacey on July 15, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Congrats!!!!! So, exciting!

35. Tiffany on July 15, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Congrats!! What great news! Hope chocolate sounds good again soon! ;)

36. Jean Tav on July 15, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Congrats on your New addition. Loved how you made your announcement. Duke and Einstein will surely make wonderful big brothers.

37. Lauren on July 15, 2014 at 9:27 pm

That’s fabulous news!!! Congratulations to all four (soon five) of you! I hope you enjoy your pregnancy!

38. Laura on July 15, 2014 at 9:30 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome news!

39. maria dias on July 15, 2014 at 10:48 pm

So happy for you! Don’t worry you will eat chocolate again!

40. Denise on July 16, 2014 at 1:50 am

Congratulations and Best Wishes!

41. Faye on July 16, 2014 at 3:29 am

Congratulations Michelle! How exciting :) Wishing you an enjoyable and healthy pregnancy :)

42. Debbie on July 16, 2014 at 8:57 am

So happy for you all. Wishing you the very best.

43. Mason Canyon on July 16, 2014 at 12:31 pm

A belated Congratulations, awesome news.

44. Laura on July 16, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Congratulations to the person who got me hooked on food blogs! Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy.
    –So funny, must be something in the water within the foodie blogosphere…I see Jessica over at “How Sweet” is also expecting!! :)

45. patti on July 16, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Congratulations! Your photos are adorable – love the big brother t-shirts & lovely baby bump!! :) I was also uncharacteristically exhausted during my first pregnancy – would go hide in a bathroom at work so I could just close my eyes & would fall asleep in a parked car on my lunch break & collapse when I got home. I’ve heard it has to do with the pregnancy hormone which peaks in the first trimester… hopefully will get better as your pregnancy progresses! Hang in there & take care of yourself! Congrats!!!!!!

46. Mia on July 16, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Congratulations! That is SO awesome – your kid is going to bring the best cupcakes for his/her birthday at school! Also…what is in the water that bloggers drink these days? It seems like every blogger I follow has gone from literal to proverbial buns in the oven. Congrats again!!!

47. Janeka Mearon on July 16, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Congratulations!!!!

48. Sue Mathes on July 16, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Congratulations Sweetie,
    I’m so happy for ALL of you! What a wonderful gift.
    Sue

49. Karen on July 16, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Congratulations!!! Children are a blessing from the Lord!

50. Heather in NY on July 16, 2014 at 2:44 pm

This is just so exciting! Ive been living vicariously through your recipes and posts.. cant wait for the next layer of love to be added to your lives. Congratulations to your family!

51. Tammy on July 16, 2014 at 4:38 pm

I hope that you and your Chief Culinary Consultant enjoy all of the “quirks” of the pregnancy, as it will be over before you know it and you will holding your little bundle soon. Congratulations! Hopefully we won’t be getting any pickle/ice cream combinations in place of the missing chocolate!! :-)

52. Tropicalmisty on July 16, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Congratulations and best wishes to you and your Culinary Chief Consultant ;)

53. Jeweler on July 16, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Congrats! That explains the Peanut Butter &Jelly Icecream recipie.
    Best wishes!

54. Kim on July 16, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Congratulations! I’m so excited for you!~ <3

55. Elisa Brooks on July 16, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Congrats! Love your blog – and so happy for you! I’m 23 weeks along, and had the EXACT SAME THING with chocolate this pregnancy! My aversion finally went away at about 20 weeks, but boy it felt long sometimes! = ) Hope things go smoothly = )

56. Emily (The Culinary Couple) on July 16, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! So excited for you.

57. bridget {bake at 350} on July 17, 2014 at 8:03 am

So incredibly happy for you!!! Oh my gosh! Cannot wait to meet mini BEB! ;)
    Hope you continue to feel good throughout your pregnancy! YAY!

58. Koo on July 17, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I am so happy for you!!!
    Thank you for all the recipes and hope you have a easy remainder of your pregnancy!!

59. Theresa B on July 18, 2014 at 2:54 am

Congratulations!!!

60. Leila Figueiredo on July 18, 2014 at 7:27 am

Congratulations.

61. Margaret Smith on July 18, 2014 at 7:44 am

congrats!

62. Darnell on July 18, 2014 at 8:33 am

congratulations, I’m excited for you and look so forward to Fridays. I have a love for the goldens also. I would like to be included in all your baby updates and everything you have.
    Looking forward to next week
    Darnell

63. Tina on July 18, 2014 at 8:40 am

Congratulations, beautiful family!!! :)

64. Ana Rodriguez on July 18, 2014 at 8:58 am

Congratulations! a Baby is a blessing. Love your dogs!

65. Jaclyn on July 18, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Congratulations Michelle! So exciting!!

66. Nicole on July 18, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Wonderful news! We are so happy for you and your family!! Congratulations!

67. Jan on July 18, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Congrats Michelle, You will be a wonderful momma. I luv the pics of your furbabies and all your yummy recipe’s. :)

68. Christina on July 18, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Congrats!! :)

69. Deborah on July 18, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Mazal Tov !!!!!!!
    hope you are feeling well…. looking forward to hearing more good news.
    thank you for sharing with us!

70. Carol on July 18, 2014 at 10:30 pm

So happy for you all!

71. Lora Anne M on July 19, 2014 at 1:01 am

Congrats! Hope the chocolate aversion passes. Many wishes for healthy momma and baby.

72. Kathleen Maxwell on July 19, 2014 at 8:53 am

Congratulations!! Happy days for you! Brave people. Two big dogs, fur baby and now a baby baby! Just go with the chaos. And consider getting a summer cut for the goldens. I did it for my Schmoe. She looked forward to it every April. It cut down on the hair in the house and brushing. She looked just like a yellow lab when she was cut. So happy for you and the lucky Grandparents.
    Kathleen

73. Rose on July 19, 2014 at 9:33 am

Congrats! So exciting!
    I’ve been baking following your recipes with a 4 year old (now 5) superhero on my side and a tiny (not so tiny now) baby strapped on my chest in a carrier for a while now. When the cakes didn’t look the same as your pictures(especially icing), I blamed these two active, noisy munchkins! But the taste was always amazing!
    I am looking forward to reading and trying new recipes with a pinch of motherhood flavour added in! ;)

74. Charlotte on July 19, 2014 at 10:50 am

Congratulations! Continue napping. I rememember falling asleep uncontrolably anywhere, when the nappiness hit. Had to watch my salt, so lived on cayenne, crushed red pepper, Tabasco and garlic. Craved coffee in any form. Hagen Daz coffee ice cream never tasted so good. I wish you well. The older brothers will love their sibling. All kinds of extra treats and nibbles given, dropped or snitched.

75. Kaylee on July 19, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Congrats!!!!!!

76. Kathleen on July 20, 2014 at 7:20 am

Congradulations,that’s wonderful!

77. Michelle on July 20, 2014 at 9:30 am

How exciting… congratulations!!! Wishing you all God’s blessings for a healthy pregnancy, delivery, and baby!! Congratulations to big brothers Einstein and Duke, too!

78. Sarah M. on July 20, 2014 at 11:51 am

Yay! Congrats! I’ve been reading your blog for years so kind of feel like we are friends… very excited for you. Duke and Einstein will be great big brothers :)

79. Dawn D on July 21, 2014 at 9:53 am

What a wonderful blessing. Your recipes have been a gift to my kitchen for years. Now you will have the amazing experience of the deepest love ever known! God bless your family.

80. Erika on July 21, 2014 at 9:53 am

Congrats!

81. lauri on July 21, 2014 at 1:39 pm

LOVE it. What a great way to publicize the big BIG event! Congratulations!

82. Racheal on July 22, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I am so excited for you! I’m pregnant right now, too. Only a few weeks ahead of you. Just curious, are you still going to get your Stitch Fix while you’re pregnant? I’ve been following your blog for quite awhile now and decided to try it recently, but obviously, I’m pregnant. (I’m getting my first Fix in the next few days.) I put down that I’m pregnant in my information, but I’m just wondering if the Stitch Fix experience has been the same for you, pregnant or not pregnant.

• Michelle on July 22nd, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Hi Rachael, Thank you so much and congratulations to you! I am still getting my StitchFix. So far, I’ve been really specific about my notes and requests and it has worked out well for me. I’ve asked for no pants(!), and maxi-style skirts and dresses for the summer that are flowy and can grow with me, and/or layering pieces to move into fall, and accessories. So far it has been good! My advice would just be really specific about what you want and what you don’t want.

83. Liz on July 24, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Congratulations!

84. Linda on July 24, 2014 at 11:20 pm

congratulations !

85. Diane Decker on July 25, 2014 at 2:30 pm

My daughter is due with her second child on January 11th. Right now she pretty much sleeps 18 hours a day. Nothing tastes good to her, even if she was craving it. Hopefully that stage will pass soon. She will find out the sex of the baby by mid-August. Congratulations Michelle, I’ve been following you for years, but slacked off when I was diagnosed with celiac disease six months ago. It was torture seeing all the beautiful photos of food I will never be able to make without turning myself inside out trying to recreate a gluten free version. My you have a joyous pregnancy!

86. Tana on July 28, 2014 at 9:50 am

I apologize for taking such a long time to congratulate you on your little miracle. I visit your blog EVERY day, but have only posted one other time, so I couldn’t believe I didn’t at least say something. I think you’ll be a fantastic mother, and at least you’ll know how to cook! lol. I’m raising four children myself, and while it’s the most challenging job in the world, it’s also the most rewarding. Here’s to creating a lifetime of memories, and passing down beautiful traditions. :) Congratulations again, to you both.

Comment Pages 1 3 4 5