1. A couple of days ago, I toasted marshmallows and put them in frosting, which I used to fill the best chocolate cake I’ve ever made. Recipe coming on Monday… you don’t want to miss this one!
2. Well, we did it! My Chief Culinary Consultant and I bought a house! We found one that we loved last weekend, put in an offer, and now… it’s ours! We still have a bit of time before we close, but today is inspection day, so we’re excited about going to the house this afternoon and taking some measurements for furniture, thinking through my kitchen organization, and all kinds of fun stuff!
3. On that note, if you see your Pinterest page flooded with home decor and finished basement ideas, they’re likely coming from me. I apologize in advance 🙂
4. Last week, I had a fabulous steak wrap for lunch at Evolution Grille, which is located in Sarver, PA. It was my first time there, and I can’t say enough great things about the restaurant. If you’re in the Pittsburgh area, I highly recommend it. Amazing food and a great atmosphere!
5. If anyone else is a fellow Golden Girls fan, then you’ll love these cookies by Semi Sweet… aren’t they awesome?!
6. I may have said this before, but it bears repeating… I despise deep-fried soft pretzels. Yesterday marked the 3rd restaurant I’ve been to that has soft pretzels as an appetizer on the menu, makes no mention that they are fried, and then they show up at the table deep-fried. Bleh. I just want a normal soft pretzel!
7. Since I’ll have my hands full with moving and getting situated, I won’t be doing any gardening this year (except for some potted plants, of course). However, for those of you that might be interested, there is a great infographic on square foot gardening over on Frugal Dad. A great resource!
8. It’s March Madness! I totally lost track of time and didn’t get around to filling out a bracket before the games started yesterday. I don’t ever follow college basketball, but once I fill out a bracket I love catching some of the games and keeping track of my progress. Who did you pick to win it all this year?
9. Have you seen any good movies lately? I haven’t been to the movies since November, and nothing has been catching my eye on Redbox or OnDemand. Surely, there has to be something worth watching, right?!
10. TGIF! Have a snuggly weekend!