1. I blew out 33 candles on Monday and had a fabulous few days celebrating my birthday with my family and my Chief Culinary Consultant. That cake above is my absolute favorite from Oakmont Bakery; I need to work on recreating it so all of you can taste it, as well! Stay tuned!
2. A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned my plans to hang up the hockey skates for the summer and to begin golf lessons. Well, my CCC made sure I got off on the right foot with this incredible birthday gift:
Now, if the snow would just hurry up and thaw, I could start practicing! (Also, I love that there’s pink accents on the bag and on the clubs!)
3. Not only did I get golf clubs, but I also got tickets to Tuesday night’s Penguins’ game. The seats? Right behind the penalty box! So much fun!
4. Keeping in the birthday celebration spirit, my sister is treating me (us) to massages this afternoon. It’s been nearly a year since I’ve had one and I cannot wait! My mom got me a couple of awesome back and neck relaxation products from Gaiam, which I am so psyched about. To recap: cake, sports and relaxation are my life.
6. Yesterday, I was craving a salad, which is such a rare occurrence that I figured it could only mean that I’ve been eating even worse than I’ve thought lately. Oops! I remedied the situation by eating a massive salad for lunch, but the problem? I love “big salads with lots of stuff” (Seinfeld reference). I’ll throw in carrots, mushrooms and cucumbers, but I also add cheese, crumbled bacon and croutons. Ah well, a big bowl of green is a good start anyway, right? 😉
7. Are you doing any special Easter baking this weekend? Last night, my mom and I made a couple loaves of my grandma’s bacon and cheese Easter bread, which has always been one of my favorite recipes of hers. I plan on taking my no-bake banana split dessert to my aunt’s on Sunday… it’s always a huge hit! What are you making for the holiday?
8. I’ve been trolling The Container Store website like nobody’s business, as I try to streamline and organize a lot of my stuff, especially in the bathroom and kitchen. Truthfully, I could buy the entire store. I’m specifically looking to organize my under-the-sink toiletries; if you have any favorite products, share below!
9. I can’t believe that Monday is actually opening day for the baseball season. I flirted with the idea of buying tickets a month or so ago; given that the forecast for Monday is 39 degrees and a 50% chance of rain, I’m really happy that I didn’t get them. I am looking forward to some warm summer nights at the ballpark this year, though!
10. TGIF! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!