1. I mentioned earlier this week that I had a bit of a “finger incident” on Sunday. With one ominous slip of the hand, I managed to send myself to MedExpress and left with five stitches in the middle finger of my left hand. It’s feeling much, much better than it did at the beginning of the week, and I’m anxious to get my stitches out (I have to wait until Wednesday). Thanks to everyone who has left get well wishes!
2. Over the last couple of years, I’ve really fallen away from reading books, which I used to do quite regularly. I’m trying to get back into the groove and just ordered Gone Girl since so many of you have recommended it. What books are on your summer reading list?
3. Speaking of books, I’m giving some thought to trying out an e-reader. I’ve been so hesitant to make this switch, as I really love the whole physical “turning the page” of newspapers and books. Has anyone else in the same boat made the switch? If so, what do you use as your reader? I have an iPad, but have also heard really good things about the Kindle Paperwhite, specifically that it’s really easy on the eyes. Thoughts?
4. If you “like” Brown Eyed Baker on Facebook (thank you!), but are missing updates, follow this super easy and quick tutorial (two clicks!) by I Am Baker to make sure all of the updates show up in your newsfeed and you don’t miss anything: How to See All Updates in Facebook.
5. I have a serious case over-analysis when it comes to making decisions and have lingered over a new hair dryer for months. I’ve gone back and forth between the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i and the Sedu Revolution 6000i. I ended up going with the Sedu; I just ordered it, so I’ll report back on how I like it after I’ve used it for awhile!
6. I think we all enjoy spending time in the kitchen and tackling new and interesting projects, but this roundup made me chuckle: 17 Cooking Projects Ain’t Nobody Got Time For.
7. I’ve been doing some Pinterest housekeeping and in the process, I created a few new boards. Be sure to check out the Oreo Desserts, S’mores Galore! and Chocolate + Peanut Butter Forever boards – I think you’re going to like them!
8. After moving, I bought a box of Golden Grahams cereal on a whim. I don’t think I had eaten them since I was a kid, and they totally hit the spot. I can’t quit them!
9. I created a new Home & Garden section here on the site, and plan to update it with tips and projects from around the house. Right now the posts won’t show up on the home page, but will be accessible from the navigation menu at the top of the page. Also, if you subscribe to Brown Eyed Baker, you’ll see those posts in your subscription, whether it’s through RSS or email. Are there any posts you’d like to see in this new section?
10. TGIF! I hope you get to check out something new this weekend!