Friday Things

Duke - 9 weeks old!

1. Duke will be 10 weeks old tomorrow, and my what a difference a week makes! His face has matured, his legs have grown like weeds and his ears have even gotten longer… all in one week! He’s become much more playful and energetic, which means that our house has turned into a full-time circus when you throw Einstein into the mix.

2. I mentioned last week that I was going to see a hand specialist about my finger issues since I sliced it back in June. Well, the doctor believes there is some scar tissue issues and/or tendon damage and recommended surgery, which would consist of a recovery time of anywhere from one week with stitches to eight weeks in a full forearm splint. Can you say, “ugghhhh”?! I’m going to get a second opinion before I get sliced open, but, ughhh not good news.

3. As you know, I’ve been referring to my now-husband as my Chief Culinary Consultant since we began dating nearly five years ago. Since we’re married now, I thought I would take a little informal reader poll… Would you like me to continue referring to him as my Chief Culinary Consultant, or “my husband”? Feel free to cast a vote in the comments below :)

4. I have become completely enamored with Bobbi Brown makeup. I started buying it here and there a few years ago, and now 99% of my makeup bag consists of Bobbi Brown. Are any of you long-time users? Do you have any favorite product recommendations or suggestions for “looks” to put together?

5. A BEB reader, Lola, created a gluten-free version of the Snickers Cake that I created in April for my dad’s birthday. If you are on the hunt for gluten-free recipes, be sure to check out her modification!

6. The Essie Fall 2013 nail colors are out!

Essie Fall 2013

I picked up three of them last weekend – Twin Sweater Set (#1), The Lace Is On (#2) and After School Boy Blazer (#4). The “boy blazer” color is a rich blue-black color, which is pretty different from what I usually wear, but I decided to step outside my box. Any tips for wearing this color? Is it best with certain clothes of a certain shade?

7. I’ve just recently started reading about cooking bacon in the oven instead of in a skillet. I love skillet bacon, but it makes a huge mess and it takes quite awhile. When I’m lazy, I use the microwave, but that can get equally as greasy. Have any of you made bacon in the oven? Thumbs up? I think I’m going to give it a try this weekend. I’ll be sure to report back :)

8. I am more than ready to do some fall shoe shopping. I’m in desperate need of some nice brown boots, and I have my eye on this pair of Frye boots. I have a hard time getting over the price hurdle, though. If you have Frye boots, are they really long-lasting? If I’m going to spend that much, I want to be able to wear them for more than a couple of seasons!

9. Also on my fall shopping list is a new purse. I’m a big Coach fan, but I’m thinking of checking out some other brands this fall. Who are your favorite purse makers?

10. TGIF! All you need is love… ♥

Duke & Einstein sleeping

237 Responses to “Friday Things”

1. Rose Marie on September 6, 2013 at 8:14 am

I agree with the others to keep your husbands’ title as the Chief Culinary Consultant, Makes him sound important. :)
    Absolutely love the picture of the Goldens sleeping together. I have one as well and out of all the dogs I’ve had (even raised collies for the ranchers) they are by far the smartest.
    As for cooking bacon, I too have done it in the microwave, but also do it on my Geo Forman Grill and you don’t have it soaking in grease doing it this way.

2. Ally on September 6, 2013 at 8:14 am

If you twist each bacon slice up like a cork screw before baking it will get nice and cripsy! It just won’t be flat, if that’s important to you. I’m a HUGE fan of oven cooked bacon.

3. Reshana on September 6, 2013 at 8:16 am

I like “hubby” x
    thank you for all the amazing recipes.
    Love you stax

4. Meaghan on September 6, 2013 at 8:19 am

I think you should stick with “CCC”. Essie nail polish cannot be beat. Unless I’m dressing for a special occasion in the very near future, I never worry about what my nail color goes with. Instead, I usually pick a color based on the season and my mood. as for purses, I’m a big fan of Fossil. They can be pricey but they come in so many colors and styles and are quality products. And if you’re fortunate enough to have a Fossil outlet near you, you can get some pretty awesome deals.

5. Jennifer on September 6, 2013 at 8:21 am

I have 2 pairs of Frye shoes and L O V E them but don’t know about their boots specifically. All of their products are handmade in the US I believe – it’s great to support your economy – and they will last forever. Frye was my first stop on my left trip to NY so I could treat myself to a new pair of shoes.
    I vote for CCC – it’s sweet and endearing.
    Nail polish doesn’t really have to match anymore, and blue black falls into the neutral category so goes with anything.
    Good luck with your finger. Sounds like an awful ordeal. Mine are crossed that it all works out.

6. Dana on September 6, 2013 at 8:27 am

I vote for calling your recently-promoted CCC whatever you feel comfortable with! :)
    Your poor hand! Surgery would certainly limit your baking ability. Hopefully you can avoid it!
    I don’t have any Frye boots, but my hubby is a boot connoisseur and loves the pair he has. I definitely think they’d last you more than a few seasons, especially if you’re not wearing them every day.

7. Lauren Ann on September 6, 2013 at 8:28 am

I love the title of CCC (although it did take me a while to figure out that he was your partner), but husband works too! Must be fun getting to say that now. :)
    I have OPI “Russian Navy” which is similar to the dark blue you’ve bought. I find it works with everything – seriously. Just make sure that your nails aren’t too long with such a dark colour.

8. Sarah on September 6, 2013 at 8:36 am

I love that you call your husband your Chef Culinary Consultant!!! I think it’s adorable. And Duke is the perfect addition :) what a handsome little bub.
    Frye boots are worth the price, super comfortable annd long lasting. I also have a pair of Michael Kors which I love just as much, and less in price.

9. SusieQ on September 6, 2013 at 8:37 am

CCC. For a long time I wasn’t sure if you CCC was your guy or you pooch. LOL
    I’m a big fan of cooking bacon in the oven. I’m not a fan of the mess that frying bacon makes, plus it doesn’t have to be supervised as much as pan frying.
    Can’t speak to the make-up, polish, or boots.
    So sorry about your dr.’s report that sticks!
    Have a great weekend. :)

10. Alisa on September 6, 2013 at 8:38 am

Love the pics of your dogs ( so does my on), but when will we
    get to see any wedding photos??!!!!
    Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner is the best.
    Have you checked out Tori Burch purses? I’m
    in love, but haven’t splurged yet.

11. Katy on September 6, 2013 at 8:39 am

Get that second opinion!! Kate Spade is my favorite purse brand. Classic pieces and whimsical pieces, plus there are always great sales (sign up for the emails). Yes, Frye boots are worth it! With shoe polish and a little extra attention, they’ll last for years and years. Regarding bacon, cooking it in the oven is my preferred method. Even cooking, not as much mess (I line the baking sheet with foil below the rack), and you can save the bacon fat for cooking eggs or something else. Plus, I like brushing mine with pure maple syrup and sprinkling with black pepper near the end of cooking for extra flava! Finally, did you see the Malkin interview from Pens media day yesterday? Ah-maz-ing! :) Happy Friday!

12. Jayne on September 6, 2013 at 8:40 am

Bacon in the oven is the only way to go. Turn oven on 400 degrees – don’t preheat just put the bacon in the oven on a cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. I usually turn about halfway through. So much easier!

13. Wendy on September 6, 2013 at 8:41 am

Perhaps you could give him a promotion to Chief Culinary Advisor.

14. Alesha KC on September 6, 2013 at 8:44 am

I enjoy your posts. Thank you for sharing your life with us.
    I believe that once someone important to us assumes a position in sonething that you find important, they always have that position. Congrats on your wedding.

I have been cooking bacon in the oven for some time now. I like that the cleanup is as simple as taking off the foil and washing the pan. To me it comes out evenly cooked when placed in the oven.

15. Kim on September 6, 2013 at 8:45 am

OMG!! I can’t believe how sweet your little puppy is! Just makes me want to rush out and get one….and then I remember how much work they can be as well. My sister is a German Shepard fan and got a puppy a few months ago. He is just the sweetest thing but lots of work. By the way, your husband may be your husband but to us he’s your CCC. Well, here in South Africa summer is arriving and I’m loving it. Time to crank out my ice-cream maker and get the freezer full of some divine flavours. Hopefully you’ll be posting lots more recipes as your ice-cream recipes are my favourites!

16. Monica on September 6, 2013 at 8:57 am

Love your website, recipes and posts. Duke is adorable and vote to call your husband , “your husband!” Often fry bacon in the oven. Lay it in a rack, on a large jelly roll pan that is lined with parchment. Gets crispy as the grease falls through the rack and cleanup is easy with the parchment. 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes!

17. StacyM on September 6, 2013 at 9:01 am

Keep the CCC. I have made bacon in the oven once. It was good and crispy when we ate it, but the leftovers seemed limp instead of holding their crisp. I may have to try again. I love Fossil purses and Kate Spade if you’re not as casual.

18. Emily on September 6, 2013 at 9:02 am

1. You puppy is ADORABLE! I have major puppy fever right now, and all the cuteness happening on your blog is not helping my husband’s argument to “wait until we get a dog.” :)

2. I bake my bacon in the oven and I’ll never go back. Fit as many as you can on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and put into a COLD oven. Set the oven to bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Depending on the thickness of the bacon, you can go a little more or less time. I like my bacon crispy but not burnt, and if you want perfect flat crispy bacon to go on sandwiches or burgers, than this is how you get it! Looking forward to see how you master baking your bacon.

3. Have you ever heard of Thirty-One? It’s a purse/organizational bag company based out of Ohio that is sold specifically through independent consultants (like Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, etc.). I love them because their bags are affordable and they last a LONG time. They have several new fall purses that just came out as well as…wait for it….PANTRY organization! They even have an insulated bag that can hold two 9×13 pans, which is definitely going on my wish list. I love them so much that I became a consultant. If you want to check them out, my website is http://www.mythirtyone.com/etedrow. The catalog and my e-mail are on the site if you want to get in touch. :)

4. I’m so sorry about your hand! Praying that second opinion will be much better news.

5. I like “Chief Culinary Consultant,” but when I was a newlywed I wanted to call him “husband” ALL the time because it was FUN! So, do whatever you like. I’m sure you’ll still have a massive amount of readers no matter what his name is. :)

19. Kel on September 6, 2013 at 9:03 am

Congrats on your wedding! I would prefer “my husband”.

Bacon in the oven -works well. I put it on a grill tray over top of a sheet pan to catch the grease. And I usually put parchment down on the sheet pan to make it easier to throw away all the grease once it has cooled.

20. Kel on September 6, 2013 at 9:04 am

Sooooo sorry about your hand!!

21. Nancy on September 6, 2013 at 9:05 am

I vote ‘husband’. I have Frye boots and they are long lasting but I have to admit, not the most comfortable. I can’t wear them all day and night. Too stiff…bacon in the over is great, but you have to think ahead (preheat, etc…). But very crisp and delicious without the mess

22. Vicki on September 6, 2013 at 9:09 am

Even though your boyfriend has lovingly become your husband, he will always fondly be your CCC. Keep that title, as he has earned it as your most trusted opinion when it comes to taste tests! Congratulations on your marriage!

23. Sue Fletcher on September 6, 2013 at 9:18 am

oh my god these puppy pictures are KILLING me! i lost my golden retriever 2 months ago and her baby brother – a golden doodle – is longing for a new companion. i don’t know if i’m up for the puppy thing all over again, but these photos are nudging me to take the plunge!

24. Marla on September 6, 2013 at 9:20 am

1. Chief Culinary Consultant has my vote. Lots of people have husbands, but how many have a CCC?
    2. Love Bobbie Brown.
    3. Try Tignanello purses – great quality, not inexpensive but less than Coach for sure. I also like my Fossils.
    4. Bacon in the oven rocks! Cooks Illustrated’s method is good, except I use parchment paper. Foil is probably easier cleanup but a one time use like that seems wasteful to me (yes, I reuse my foil until it has pin holes in it!). Also, in Arizona, we use the grill a lot to keep the heat out of the kitchen. I’ve used the same method on the grill and it works great.
    5. Sucks about your finger! Definitely do the 2nd opinion but if it’s the same, don’t be afraid. My neighbor impaled (yes, impaled) her hand on a garden rake last spring, did the physical therapy all summer and still was not doing well (limited movement being the biggest issue). Last week she had surgery to remove the scar tissue. Stiches are still in and her hand is in a pressure bandage, but now she has full movement! It’s amazing how much better her hand is in just 1 week! But whatever you decide, we’re ALL sending best wishes your way for a full recovery!

25. Anonymous on September 6, 2013 at 9:25 am

I would definitely go with husband. When I first started reading your blog I thought you were taking cooking lessons and was surprised at how close you were with your teacher. :P Even if you don’t change it to “husband” I’d change it to something more clear.

26. Sam on September 6, 2013 at 9:27 am

Marc by Marc Jacobs has some great purses. A little more expensive than coach, but very sleek, simple and versatile. I got mine for Christmas two years ago and it still looks as good as new. I vote for Chief Culinary Consultant–very creative :)

27. Angela on September 6, 2013 at 9:28 am

I vote for “husband”, he’s earned the title;) OR CCC/hubs! I feel like writing out Chief Culinary Consultant is kind of daunting, but I don’t have to do it, so if it doesn’t bother you then feel free to continue;)
    Duke…. LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE!!!
    Boots… LOVVVVVVVVVVE!
    Purse…. I like Fossil… it’s a nice fun kind of sporty look. It looks nice with boots cuz some of them are rugged.
    I want to give you props on your blog!! My goto used to be Our Best Bites, but since they have put out a calendar and I think a book they have been lacking imo. I LOVE that you are consistent and put out great recipes daily! Don’t get lost in the fame, and I also like that you don’t put pics of EVERY step… I mean I think we know what an egg in a bowl looks like… thanks for the credit;) I think you are doing an amazing job the way you are running your blog. Also, congrats on the marriage!!! And the house!!! And the puppy!! big year;) Bummer on the hand, but it appears to be fixable… small down time, but then you hopefully will be good to go! Maybe you can get the hubs in the kitchen to help, with your constant supervision of course;)
    Thanks for being you…. keep it up!!
    Angela from http://www.sweetfromscratch.com

28. Katie on September 6, 2013 at 9:30 am

The new pup’s so cute!
    As for bacon, I always make it in the oven, just make sure you lie them totally flat and not touching. You may want to flip em halfway through. Cook at around 400.
    For boots, go to Aldo! I got my brown leather boots there two years ago, and they’re still in great shape. Under a hundred bucks too!

29. Nancy on September 6, 2013 at 9:49 am

Please call him your husband. The term Chief Culinary Consultant has always grated on my nerves. Duke is adorable, he makes feel like I need another puppy in my life STAT!

30. Colleen on September 6, 2013 at 9:49 am

I love making bacon in the oven! We line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper, put it in the cold oven at around 425 and let it crisp up. I’ve found that it doesn’t shrivel up nearly as much, tastes so crispy, and I don’t burn myself with grease splatters! Clean up goes pretty quick – we let the pan sit for awhile and then just peel the parchment paper directly into the trash barrel.
    Also – I love Chief Culinary Consultant as a reference point. I don’t think I ever realized y’all weren’t married until you talked about your wedding. I think it’s a great way to refer to your husband.

31. Lucy on September 6, 2013 at 9:51 am

I say call your hubby whatever strikes your fancy. Some days he may be the CCC somedays just hubby :). Your little puppy is adorable! But then both your dogs are. :) I am a dog lover! I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Freckles who thinks he is a human. His birthday is Oct. 17th and he will be 9. He hasn’t slowed down yet, and he is so lovable, he loves to get hugs when I get home from work and he loves to snuggle in bed at night. And he is wonderful with my little grandchildren! I recently found a great line of makeup from Mally. I’m not sure where else you can buy it except for QVC. For years I have been putting up with eyeshadow that creases by mid-day and fades so much by 3pm there’s only a trace of my eyeshadow left, I look like I don’t care about my appearance and don’t like to give that impression. Mally claims her makeup is “bulletproof” and it really is!! I put on her eyeshadow at 6am and come home at 6pm and no creases, nothing!!! My eyes look fabulous all day long and my eyeshadow is still going strong!! I also love her mascara! I went to the MAC counter at Nordstrom’s to experiment in trying false eyelashes for special occasions. I got so many compliments from the cosmetologists behind the counter, they wanted to know what mascara I was using. They didn’t think I needed false eyelashes, long story short, I tried the lashes and was not happy. They just looked fake. BTW, Mally has eyeshadow in shades that are not sparkly. Since I am now 55, I don’t like the sparkles in my eyeshadow, they tend to draw attention to small wrinkles around the eyes and the matte colors are so much more pleasing and natural looking. It’s very hard to find a matte eyeshadow anymore in the store. As for foundation, I started using Tarte amazonian clay full coverage foundation. I love it! It’s good for your skin, and it doesn’t smell like chemicals like the MAC does and the coverage lasts me all day, even in the hot, humid days of summer. Ok, purses, I am a HUGE Kate Spade fan. I love everything Kate Spade!! I love the bows, stripes, colors and shapes she uses in her purses, wallets, etc. I have a hard time buying any other line. I had my eye on a Michael Kors bag recently when I was shopping for a crossbody bag but decided to wander over to the Kate Spade bags before I made my final decision and saw the most adorable black leather crossbody with a bow on the front and I was in love. I’ve never tried the Frye boots but have also been shopping for a pair of black boots this year, I’ve seen the Frye boots and they are a bit pricey but I would imagine they would give you several years of wear, Frye boots have been around forever. I just haven’t seen anything yet that knocks my socks off so until I do, I’ll keep looking. I love to read your blogs and the comments other readers post. Please post a picture of your boots, maybe I’ll go with those also!! :) And please post your method for baking bacon. I’ve seen Ina Garten do it and she swears by it. Have a wonderful weekend and HAPPY BAKING!!!!!!!

32. Sharon on September 6, 2013 at 9:56 am

We cook our bacon on the BBQ. Use an old cookie sheets lined with foil. No smell or mess in the house at all! We also use the thick cut bacon. It comes out flat and perfectly cooked.

33. Kate on September 6, 2013 at 10:00 am

Congrats on your wedding! and your new pup- he is breathtakingly cute!! My vote is call your husband your husband :) Love your site- it’s my first go-to when looking for a recipe and you never disappoint!

34. Ginny on September 6, 2013 at 10:01 am

I love your Friday Things! I also love CCC. Duke is sooo cute and the picture of him with Einstein is adorable! Ackkkk I feel the need for another puppy! I already have three doogs, my husband would kill me! So sorry to hear about your hand what a bummer, been there done that, just do what they need you to get where you need to be. You may want to see if there is an OT (vs a PT) that specializes in hand therapy in your area. They did wonders for me. Love the nail colors but what is make-up? My son reminded me about the bacon in the oven trick (my mom would do it this way when we had a crowd before microwaves where invented). Have a great weekend full of puppy fun!

35. Carolette on September 6, 2013 at 10:01 am

That last picture of the dogs sleeping together is so cute! I love Bobbi Brown makeup – I’ve used it for years. They always have the perfect colors for a neutral, polished look. I especially like her matte shadows

36. Sarah on September 6, 2013 at 10:01 am

1) I vote for “husband”
    2) Yes you will love you Frye boots and wear them forever and ever.
    3) The picture of the two pups sleeping is the most adorable thing!

37. paula h on September 6, 2013 at 10:01 am

I like CCC…it’s cute but respectful, as opposed to some of the references by other bloggers…Wendy’s suggestion of CCA is a good one as well.
    Love Bobbi Brown’s lip gloss in tangerine.

38. S Basich on September 6, 2013 at 10:03 am

Your husband should be called you husband! As for bacon in the oven, no other way. Line your cookie sheet with foil, then with a piece of parchment. Lay your bacon out, close together because it will shrink. High temp oven , I turn mine once half way through. The best part is the clean up – awesome!

39. Rachael Dugas on September 6, 2013 at 10:04 am

I vote for CCC! It’s too cute. I frequently refer to my boyfriend my “#1 taste tester”, though, so I might be biased towards endearing nicknames. However, I mostly commented to tell you to make some oven bacon, like, yesterday. I grew up eating microwaved bacon exclusively (I know…) so that might damage my credibility a bit, but not only is it so much cleaner and easier than stovetop bacon, it tastes so, so good. You can even line the tray with foil for extra easy clean-up. Like any bacon method, though, you do have to keep an eye on it or you can go a little too far. Plus, Ina Garten does it that way, so it must be good! Also, thank you for sharing pictures of Duke and Einstein–I’m a little obsessed with dogs and they are such handsome boys!

40. Kris on September 6, 2013 at 10:09 am

Bacon in the oven is the only way to go. The key is putting it in a cold oven. I pretty much do it the same way as Emily, us ‘burgers must stick together.

Frye boots are amazing. I have 2 pairs. Paige Tall Riding in grey and Lindsey Plate in Burnt Red. Love them both. The Paige I got at Macy’s during one of their F&F sales.

As for purses, love Marc by Marc Jacobs, Kate Spade, and Banana Republic.

Love the doggie love!

41. AngelaB on September 6, 2013 at 10:09 am

I purchased a pair of Frye Jane boots a few years back in an antique brown and I love them! They take awhile to break in, so be prepared for that, but long lasting they are! I lotion mine about once a year and then polish them too (all with Frye products!). Good luck in your quest. They can be hefty on the pocketbook, but are SO worth it. I haven’t had to purchase another pair of boots in years.
    And that Duke is adorable! I’m glad to hear he and Einstein are getting along nicely. That’s great!
    Enjoy the weekend!

42. Kathy on September 6, 2013 at 10:13 am

I like cooking bacon in the oven. I do the whole package and freeze what I do not need to use right away. I just take out what I need and microwave for about a minute. Helps since I am cooking just for myself and only smell up the house once.

43. Jodi Pavlik on September 6, 2013 at 10:13 am

I think bacon in the oven is the way to go! I usually use a Pampered Chef stone to cook it. I think we have grown to like chief culinary consultant! I hope you have a speedy recovery if you have to have surgery!!

44. Recently Retired on September 6, 2013 at 10:20 am

I like Chief Culinary Consultant, or CCC. Gives him bit of prestige!
    I cook my bacon in the oven all the time. I do several pounds at a time in batches. I line 2 of my large cookie sheets with parchment paper and bake both sheets at once on the 2 racks in my oven. I turn on the timer for 25 minutes and then switch the trays on the racks for another 20-25 mins. I reuse the greasy parchment lined sheets, which allows each additional batch to cook in the previous batches grease which speeds up the process for each batch, so you’ll have to check on them more often. Once cooked and cooled, I reline my cleaned cookie sheets with clean parchment and lay the cooked bacon on them in layers (parchment between layers) and stick it in the freezer. Once frozen, I bag the bacon in Ziploc bags and can easily grab as many pieces as I need, ie: 3 for a toasted bacon and tomato sandwich. Just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds on a paper towel lined plate and voila! This works great for camping too! No fuss, no muss!

45. mommabean on September 6, 2013 at 10:24 am

1. Oh those pups are adorable!
    2. My vote is to continue the CCC title!
    3. Bacon in the oven is the only way to go for me, but I love the idea of twisting them first. Thanks to whoever posted that tip!
    4. I’m in a Coach purse rut and am liking all the suggestions.

46. Tina on September 6, 2013 at 10:24 am

Definitely Chief Culinary Consultant. Just like I call my husband, who takes care of so much of our cooking, cleaning and other chores, my Domestic Engineer! ;)

47. Sharon Carlson on September 6, 2013 at 10:25 am

Your puppy is so….cute! I make bacon in the oven all the time! Parchment paper lined baking pan and its easy cleanup whether you save the grease or toss it! Cooks evenly, no turning and a lot quicker than in a skillet. I am impatient when I smell bacon cooking so quick is awesome!

48. Erin on September 6, 2013 at 10:26 am

I love oven bacon! If you love bacon at buffets or brunches, you will love oven bacon as many restaurants lay bacon out on sheet pans and bake it. And when it’s done you can lay it out on paper towels and then easily drain the grease from the pan. PS – Your dogs are gorgeous!

49. Sara on September 6, 2013 at 10:39 am

I vote to call him your hubs! Duke is such a cutie – love those golden retrievers! I cook bacon in the oven more often than not – I place the bacon on a cooling rack that’s placed on top of a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Comes out nice and crispy!

50. shoegal on September 6, 2013 at 10:42 am

I vote for husband. He has earned that title, it’s shorter and less confusing. When I first started reading your blog I though the CCC was your assistant, than I thought there was a little but “more” than that, then I thought you were having a fling with your kitchen assistant and were a lesbian (not that there;s anything worng with that). Just feel husband would be less confusing to newbies to your blog…..

• Kate on September 6th, 2013 at 6:53 pm

“I thought you were having a fling with your kitchen assistant and were a lesbian”

WTF.