115 Recipes for Football Parties
Yesterday marked the first Sunday of the new football season, which means fun and FOOD! I’m a big sports fan, so I love watching the games, but football Sundays are also a perfect excuse to whip up some fabulous eats. Dips, appetizers and sweet snacks are my go-to when it comes to a football menu, but I’ve wrangled up tons of my favorite recipes that would make excellent additions to any football party menu. From dips to slow cooker items, pizza, macaroni and cheese, and lots of delicious sweets, you’ll have no shortage of ideas for your next football party!
1. Artichoke Spinach Dip
2. Baked Asiago and Caramelized Onion Hummus Dip
3. Buffalo Chicken Dip
4. Cheddar Ale Spread
5. Chile con Queso
6. Crab Dip
7. Fruit Dip
9. Hot Corn and Cheese Dip
10. Hot Reuben Dip
12. Jalapeño Popper Dip
13. Loaded Baked Potato Dip
14. Pan-Fried Onion Dip
15. Pizza Dip
16. Restaurant-Style Salsa
17. Sausage Dip
18. Seven Layer Dip
19. Taco Dip
20. Warm Black Bean Dip
Appetizers and Savory Snacks
21. Bacon-Jalapeño Cheese Ball
22. Beer-Battered Onion Rings
23. Beer-Battered Zucchini Fries
24. Caramelized Onion, Mushroom & Gruyere Tartlets
25. Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread
26. Chicken Spread
27. Conch Fritters
28. Crab Rangoon
29. Cream Cheese-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeños
30. Fontina-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Dates
31. Fried Green Tomatoes
32. Homemade Cracker Jack
33. Maple-Bacon Kettle Popcorn
34. Oven-Fried Onion Rings
35. Pepperoni Bread
36. Pimento Cheese Ball
37. Polenta Pizza
38. Potato Skins
39. Pretzel Dogs
40. Shrimp Nacho Bites
41. Soft Pretzels
42. Sweet and Spicy Mixed Nuts
43. Veggie Pizza Appetizer
44. Zucchini Squares
Soups, Stews and Chili
45. All-American Beef Chili
46. Beef Mushroom Barley Soup
47. Cheddar and Ale Soup with Potato & Bacon
48. Chicken Tortilla Soup
49. Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder
50. Guinness Beef Stew
51. Hardcore Chili
52. Hearty Beef Stew
53. Thick and Hearty Chili
54. Wendy’s Copycat Chili
Mac n’ Cheese
55. Butternut Squash & Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
56. Cajun Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese
57. Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
58. Grown Up Macaroni and Cheese
59. Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
60. Mushroom-Herb Macaroni and Cheese
61. Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
62. Three-Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Slow Cooker Recipes
63. Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa & Sauerkraut
64. Company Pot Roast
65. Chipped Ham BBQ Sandwiches
66. Homemade Primanti Bros. Sandwich
67. Basic Pizza Dough
68. BBQ Chicken Pizza
69. Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza
70. Italian Supreme Calzones
71. Pepperoni Pizza
72. Portobello Pesto Pizza
73. Thin Crust Pizza
74. White Sicilian Pizza
75. Avalanche Bark
76. Buckeye Brownies
77. Chewy, Chunky Blondies
78. Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
79. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
80. Chocolate Chip Cookie & Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar
81. Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
82. Chocolate Salted Caramel Cupcakes
83. Chubby Hubby Rice Krispies Treats
84. Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
85. Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
86. Football Sugar Cookies
87. Football Jersey Sugar Cookies
88. Golden Grahams S’mores Bars
89. Homemade Snickers Bars
90. Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars
91. Mocha Brownies
92. Mocha Cupcakes with Espresso Buttercream Frosting
93. Oatmeal Carmelita Bars
94. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
95. Peanut Butter Cup Bars
96. Peanut Butter Cup Crunch Brownie Bars
97. Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats
98. Peanut Butter & Jelly Pie Bars
99. Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
100. Peanut Butter & White Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
101. Poppy Chow [Chocolate & Peanut Butter-Covered Popcorn]
102. Reindeer Chow
103. Rocky Road Rice Krispies Treats
104. Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
105. Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
106. Salted Caramel Popcorn, Pretzel and Peanut Bars
107. Salted Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
108. Snickerdoodle Blondies
109. Snickers Rice Krispies Treats
110. Sweet and Salty Brownies
111. The Baked Brownie
112. The New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
113. Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
114. Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes
115. Ultimate Ginger Cookies
Who are you rooting for this year??
Following your recipes from El Salvador, Central America! My husband and I love them! Rooting for the Patriots:)!
I could care less about the football but I love all of the snack food. Bring on the guests and turn up the TV.
CHEESE please! It’s the Kansas City Chiefs and University of Kansas for me.
So many amazing recipes…so little time. But we’re going to give it a try!
I have wanted to try your cheesy pull apart bread for ages and this just reminded me – thanks!!
Not really a foot ball fan (gasp!), but by default I follow the Patriots (live in MA). Tom Brady and Bill Belichick – what more is there to say? So, I don’t have football parties, but our friends and I have a monthly game night, so I can see taking advantage of many of these recipes. My new, “go-to” appetizer is Tex-Mex Egg Rolls with Cilantro Dipping Sauce. I’ve made them 3 times now, and they are an A+ hit. They are quite the commitment, but worth it.
We don’t do a whole lot of football watching but I certainly would if I could have that bread!
Hey Michelle, I know you talk about the Penguins and the Steelers all the time, but I’ve never seen you mention the Pirates. Granted, there’s usual not much good to say in most years past. My husband was born in Pittsburgh and is a HUGE Pirates fan so needless to say he’s pretty pumped right now. Are you into baseball at all?
I myself love the poor, beleaguered Browns, so typically the best part of football parties for me is the food–that cheesy pull-apart bread is to die for! My husband is a Bengals fan to buck the rest of his family (middle child syndrome), who are all Steelers fans, so within our family we have 75% of the AFC North covered. And the one thing we can agree on is we all hate the Ravens. ;)
Hi Steph, I grew up in a hockey house, so it was always the #1 sport in my family. I didn’t get into NFL football until I was a teenager, and I always sort of watched the Pirates off and on. It’s definitely been an exciting run this year! I’ve enjoyed sitting down to watch games :) Glad to hear that even though you have some Browns and Bengals fans in your family you all still hate the Ravens ;-)
I think I gained some weight just reading the list……I love the comfort food that goes with football. Pats won yesterday :), but it wasn’t pretty :(
I love football season strictly for the food!!! :)
This makes me happy… What a round up! Go Pats!! ;)
Very good recipes! I sent you an email with a question about Pitts restaurants Did you get it? Thanks,
Go, Kansas City Chiefs! Let the snacking begin!
WOW! Incredible recipe roundup, Michelle! Thanks for sharing!
Want it all!! Such an amazing round-up!
Yes please – to all of it!! I am so excited football is back, and the food definitely has something to do with that :)
I’m rooting for the Buffalo Bills! What recipe is the picture of? It looks amazing!
Hi Domenica, That’s the Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread: https://www.browneyedbaker.com/2013/01/31/cheesy-pull-apart-bread/. It’s ah-mazing!
I second that!!! :)
A great reminder to make chili!
As a St. Louis native I am mainly a basball person cheering for the Cardinals. I should probably root for the Rams, but when it comes to football, mainly I’m cheering for the snack table.
Whoa. Every year your roundups like this get more amazing. Pinned!
I’m totally not a football fan but I love tailgating football party food! I am all over so many of these recipes!
My husband saw this page while I was looking at it and he officially wants to throw a football party now! :)