Cheesy Pepperoni Bites
I receive quite a bit of email every day, and by far, the best, best, BEST emails are the ones from readers that want to pass along recipes they think I might like. These are absolute gems, and I am absolutely convinced that you all know me really, really well just based on the recipes that you send my way :) This recipe for pepperoni bites showed up in my email a couple of weeks ago from Terri, who has been making these for over 20 years. She said that the recipe hails from a former boss’s mother, and that she makes the pepperoni bites for holiday parties, pot lucks and watching sporting events.
I decided to make these on Sunday to have as an appetizer before dinner and for snacking while watching football in the afternoon. The consensus was unaminous – these were a huge hit!
Quick preparation time is always a win in my book, and these were incredibly easy to throw together. I actually chopped up the cheese and pepperoni on Saturday night so that on Sunday, it only took five minutes to mix everything together and pop it in the oven.
This sort of has the consistency of pancake batter when you initially mix it, and the pepperoni bites baked up into a less-doughy version of pepperoni bread, one of my all-time favorite foods.
A huge thank you to Terri, who took the time to send me this fantastic recipe – this recipe for pepperoni bites is definitely a keeper and perfect for the upcoming football and holiday season.
If you have any recipes that you think I might like, always feel free to shoot me an email and send them my way! I love receiving them! :)
Cheesy Pepperoni Bites
These easy, cheesy pepperoni bites are a great appetizer or snack for any party or game day gathering!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces pepperoni, cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder and oregano. Add the milk and eggs and gently stir until thoroughly combined. Add the pepperoni and cheeses and stir in with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Bake until golden brown and bubbling, 30 to 40 minutes. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.