Hissy Fit Dip
This “Hissy Fit Dip” with the crazy moniker is a HUGE party hit – sausage, cream cheese, sour cream, two cheeses, chives and seasonings make this one absolutely irresistible!
I’m continuing on the dip parade for Super Bowl week and this one was far and away the big winner on Sunday. Before we get into how awesome this dip is (because it’s truly one of my top five favorite dips of all time), let’s talk about the name.
Hissy. Fit. Dip.
The back story (from White Lights on Wednesdays) is that this dip was served at an SEC football game tailgate party and when it disappeared quickly, one of the girls threw a “hissy fit” when she didn’t get any.
I have no idea if that story is true or not, but after having tasted it, I might do the same thing!
Now, about this actual dip. It’s super easy to throw together and is just hopelessly addicting. People were actually saying they had to walk away from it on Sunday before they ate it all.
Browned sausage is mixed together with cream cheese, sour cream, muenster cheese, Velveeta, chives and a few simple seasonings. It’s baked for an hour until it’s browned and bubbling and ready to be devoured. Be forewarned – I burned my tongue because I couldn’t wait to plunge a tortilla chip into this bad boy and I paid the price. Maybe let it cool down for a few minutes before you dig in.
Then, look out. Once you start you won’t be able to stop!
If You Like This Hissy Fit Dip, Try These Recipes:
One year ago: Classic Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
Two years ago: DIY: Homemade Peanut Butter
Four years ago: Baked Asiago and Caramelized Onion Hummus Dip
Five years ago: Hot Reuben Dip
Six years ago: Cranberry-White Chocolate Almond Biscotti
Hissy Fit Dip
- 1 pound (453.59 g) bulk pork sausage
- 16 ounces (453.59 ml) sour cream
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) Velveeta, cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces (113.4 g) Muenster cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) dried ground sage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage, crumbling it as it cooks, until browned and cooked through. Remove the sausage from the skillet with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and all remaining ingredients to a medium bowl and stir until well blended. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, spreading it into an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, veggies, or your favorite dipping vehicle