Seven Layer Dip
This Seven Layer Dip recipe is EASY and perfect for your Super Bowl party! Layers of refried beans, cheddar cheese, avocado, jalapeños, tomatoes, sour cream and olives!
It’s Super Bowl week! That means a week full of great dips and appetizers for your Super Bowl party on Sunday. In case you missed it last week, you’ll want to check out my 103 Super Bowl Recipes – a roundup of recipes already on the site that are perfect for game day menus. This week, I have a few more recipes to add to that roundup that I think you’re going to love. First up is a classic – Seven Layer Dip.
The seven layers are made up the following ingredients:
1. Refried beans warmed up with some Mexican spices
2. Shredded cheddar cheese
6. Sour cream
Can you say amazing? The combination of spice from the beans and jalapenos is perfectly balanced with the coolness of the avocado and sour cream. It’s easy to prepare and also easy to double or triple if you’re feeding a large crowd.
Grab a bag of tortilla chips and enjoy!
Seven Layer Dip
- 15 ounce (425.24 g) can refried beans
- ¼ cup (62.5 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 4 ounces (113.4 g) cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and membrane removed, finely chopped
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 (1) tomato, seeds and juices removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup (230 ml) sour cream
- 2.25 ounce (63.79 g) can sliced black olives
- Place the refried beans in a medium saute pan or in a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in the water, olive oil, chili powder, cumin and salt, stirring until combined. Once the beans are hot and bubbly, spread them over the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate (or other serving dish). Immediately sprinkle the cheese over the beans.
- Layer on the jalapeño, avocado, tomato, sour cream and black olives.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.