Dill Pickle Dip
A must for any pickle fan! Loads of pickle and dill flavor and it’s perfect for dipping pretzels, chips, crackers, or veggies.
So, apparently pickle dip has been around for, like, a bazillion years. However, it just came onto my radar within the last year. I know, sometimes I’m slowwwwww. It’s like when I get super excited to tell my husband some random piece of news only for him to tell me that he heard it three days ago. Womp womp.
BUT! I’m super excited to share this dill pickle dip with you because we love, love, love it! I’ve made it twice in the last few weeks and it has quickly become a favorite on Sundays.
I love sandwiches, and I especially love ordering sandwiches out at restaurants because they almost always come with a dill pickle spear on the side. It’s the little things, right? A super crisp, slightly sour dill pickle is the perfect accompaniment to a sandwich and either chips or fries (which, if there’s a choice, I ALWAYS go for the fries).
This dill pickle dip is super easy and sure to be a crowd pleaser – it’s a cream cheese base with pickle juice, chopped pickles, fresh dill, a little bit of sweet onion and a few more seasonings.
One note – draining the chopped pickles is super important – if you don’t, they will release too much liquid and cause the dip to become watery (I found out the hard way!).
It goes without saying that if you love dill pickles, you are going to be head over heels for this dip, but even my husband, who is rather “meh” about pickles, was surprised by how much he loved this dip.
Grab your favorite pretzels, chips, crackers or veggies, and get ready to stand over the bowl and dip until it’s all gone!
If You Like This Dill Pickle Dip, Try These Recipes:
- Refrigerator Bread and Butter Pickles
- Fried Pickles
- Quick & Easy Refrigerator Dill Pickles
- Dill Sandwich Pickles
One year ago: Homemade French Onion Dip
Two years ago: Cap’n Crunch Milkshake
Five years ago: Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
Six years ago: Caramelized Onion, Mushroom & Gruyere Tartlets
Seven years ago: English Muffins
Dill Pickle Dip
- 1½ cups (214.5 g) finely chopped dill pickles, about 8 to 10 spears
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- ¾ teaspoon (0.75 teaspoon) ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) garlic powder
- Place the chopped pickles on a triple layer of paper towels and top with another double layer of paper towels. Allow to drain for at least 15 minutes. Press on the paper towels to blot out as much excess moisture as possible.
- Using an electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese, onion, pickle juice, dill, pepper, salt and garlic powder on medium-low speed until thoroughly combined. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the chopped dill pickles. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day before serving. Serve with your favorite pretzels, crackers or potato chips.