Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
I’ve always said that if desserts are my favorite food group, then appetizers come in a very close second place. I adore snack food, party food, and game day food. More than anything, I love dips! Give me a big bowl of chips and various creamy dips, and I won’t need lunch or dinner. While Thanksgiving and Christmas are my two favorite food-centric times of the year, the Super Bowl definitely falls next in line. Snacks, snacks, and more snacks! This week I’ll be sharing some new recipes with you that are perfect for your Super Bowl party. Not only are they delicious, but they’re all incredibly quick and easy to make. That’s key when hosting a bash, right?
This year for Christmas, my Chief Culinary Consultant and I spent Christmas Eve at my mom’s house, and then hosted his parents and brother for dinner on Christmas day. My mother-in-law brought this dip over and, seriously, I almost ate the entire bowl before we had dinner. I could not stop. Talk about addicting! Luckily, there was a little bit leftover, and I got to sneak it out of the fridge the next day and polish it off!
Confession time – I’m not the biggest fan of sun-dried tomatoes; I find the flavor and texture to be a little weird. However, in this dip, it just works. The flavor is fantastic and the consistency is perfectly smooth and creamy. We originally had this dip with whole wheat crackers (have I mentioned that I have a hopeless addiction to Toasteds Harvest Wheat crackers?), but after having leftovers and then this new batch, I decided that my favorite thing to eat this with is pretzels. However, you could totally go the crackers route, or use carrot sticks, tortilla chips, or anything else you love to dip into creamy goodness.
I have a long list of favorite dips, and this one is definitely going into my regular rotation for parties!
One year ago: Bacon-Jalapeño Cheese Ball
Two years ago: Cheddar and Ale Soup with Potato and Bacon
Three years ago: Cream Cheese-Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeños
Four years ago: Quiche Lorraine Scones
Six years ago: Lemon Meringue Pie
Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup (112 g) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (115 ml) sour cream
- ¼ cup (0.25 cup) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped (about 8 tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon (0.75 teaspoon) black pepper
- 10 dashes hot red pepper sauce
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- Place the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, black pepper and hot sauce in the bowl of a food processor. Puree until smooth, about 20 seconds, stopping once to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the green onions and pulse twice to evenly distribute them. Serve with your favorite crackers, carrots or pretzels. The dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Remove and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.