Jalapeño Popper Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip is creamy, cheesy and has just the perfect amount of kick. Great appetizer for your next party or watching the big game!
I love any excuse I can come up with for making, and subsequently devouring, all sorts of delicious dips. You might remember that a little over five years ago, I told you about going to a “dip party” at my friend’s house. That gathering brought us the Buffalo Chicken Dip, Hot Reuben Dip, and the Sausage Dip. It was a seriously genius idea. Chips and dip are one of the few things that leave me unable to stop eating. Once I grab a chip and start dipping, it becomes virtually impossible for me to put on the brakes.
Jalapeno popper dip is one of my all-time favorites… it’s incredibly easy to assemble and will be gone in the blink of an eye.
If you (or anyone you’re serving this to) is sensitive to spicy foods, I would rank this pretty far on the mild side, maybe a 2 or 3? You’d think because of the amount of jalapeño peppers that it might be spicier, but it’s fairly tame, so dip away!
This jalapeño popper dip is everything that makes jalapeño poppers so addicting, and then some. It’s ooey, gooey, creamy, cheesy and spicy. It has bacon. It has a cheesy, buttery breadcrumb crust. It’s dip heaven. And it would definitely go well with a cold beer.
I’m already craving another batch!
Four years ago: Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Five years ago: White Chocolate-Coconut Brownies
Six years ago: Oven-Fried Onion Rings with Dipping Sauce
Nine years ago: Maple-Hazelnut Oatmeal
Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 16 ounces (453.59 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (224 g) mayonnaise
- 8 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 6 jalapeños, seeded and minced (if you can't get fresh, substitute a 4-ounce can diced jalapeño peppers, drained)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) cumin
- 6 ounces (170.1 g) cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1½ cups)
- 1 cup (60 g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (100 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, bacon, jalapenos, garlic, cumin and cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl. Transfer the mixture into 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and melted butter in a small bowl, tossing with a fork until the mixture is evenly moistened. Sprinkle evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the dip is bubbling. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, crackers, vegetables, etc.
This recipe was originally published on August 3, 2011.