1. Duke is now three and a half months old, and we can’t believe that he’s only been in our lives for a mere month and a half. It seems way longer than that! He’s continuing to grow and is even playing some tug of war with Einstein now. He loves to take naps on the hearth of the fireplace and to run laps around the living room in the evening.
2. Confession: I am not into Halloween. By “not into Halloween”, I mean I greatly dislike the holiday. I don’t like costume parties, I hate scary movies, and I can’t even pretend to be excited about all things black and orange. Needless to say, you probably aren’t going to find creepy finger cookies and spider cupcakes here. BUT… I will provide you with tons of recipes for Halloween candy!
3. Speaking of Halloween candy, I used to be totally addicted to candy corn, however now I can’t seem to eat more than a handful before being overwhelmed by the sweetness. I have something up my sleeve that I think might help balance the sweetness… stay tuned!
4. I have always been a little fashion-challenged, so I really enjoyed this Favorite Wardrobe Basics for Fall and Winter post by She Wears Many Hats. Lots of great ideas for basic pieces that can be built upon for different outfits.
5. Earlier this week, I saw a Stanley Cup ring live, in person, mere inches from my face. It totally made my day! I’ve seen the Stanley Cup up close and personal, but never a ring.
6. I got my first hot chocolate from Starbucks yesterday, which makes me feel completely ready for the cold, dreary weather. There’s nothing cozier than curling up on the couch with a fleece blanket and a warm drink in hand. I’m ready for some snowflakes!
7. Last week, I made mention of buying some Valrhona chocolate, and a reader, Cynthia, suggested that I check out the website Chocosphere. How had I never heard of this before?! There is a HUGE assortment of chocolate from tons of different brands, and at very competitive prices. It will definitely be my first stop when looking for chocolate from now on!
8. Have you seen these organized desktop wallpapers? Such a genius idea if you have icons floating all over your desktop. These backgrounds allow you to label different areas and drag the appropriate icons into those areas. I love this!
9. I’m approaching that time of year when I evaluate my magazine subscriptions. Right now, I receive Real Simple, Cook’s Illustrated, Cook’s Country, Delicious, and Donna Hay. What magazines do you love? Any recommendations?
10. TGIF! What do you have planned for the weekend? Maybe a game of Simon Says?